Seriously why the fuck are there so many different programs...

Seriously why the fuck are there so many different programs? I'm trying to find something simple and i'm running into a billion different methods and programs from a billion different people

ALL i'm looking for is a program that has the following qualities:

- Includes Bench, Squat, Deadlift, and OHP
- maybe an accessory or two
- can be done in roughly an hour
- 4-5 days a week
- based off of 1 rep maxes/percentages

If anyone can point me towards a good program, i'd really appreciate it, because this is getting stupid now

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/wh2r6h8ev7z3dkg/Brian Alsruhe's Linear Strength Program.pdf?dl=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How long have you been lifting and what are your 1RM's? Do you want periodized training or linear?

Pretty sure you described Alan Thrall's Beginner program.

been lifting seriously for about a year but i've had about 2-3 years total in the gym

Bench: 255lbs
OHP: 185lbs
Squat: 335lbs
DL: 405lbs

I really have no preference between block or linear, whichever works the best. I've been doing Nuckol's 28free program for a bit, which is block, and it's nice to have that variety, i guess

Try nSuns 5/3/1 5 day. Has bench, Squat, Deadlift and OHP as the compound lifts.

Check out gzcl, Jacked and Tan 2.0 is a really popular version (but you could make your own specified gzcl program too which is a great option if there are specific things you'd like to work on). If you want LP, even if just for variety, I'd highly suggest Brian Alsruhe's LP program, it fits most of your requirements and I personally think it's great.

These seem pretty good. I’ll check them out. Ive gotten used to programs that just come with handy excel file that I plug my maxes in to and it tells me what to lift. I was getting lost in the fucking novels that some people seem to have to write about their programs

Brian's program at the very least is pretty straightforward and there's both a video and word version of it. But yeah, gzcl is definitely some reading.
dropbox.com/s/wh2r6h8ev7z3dkg/Brian Alsruhe's Linear Strength Program.pdf?dl=0

If you want an oldschool POV, look up Doug Hepburn.
Sure, you can stretch it to 2hr sessions but 45-70m sessions are possible.
It's based on the idea if you do enough solid and efficient volume and crank that up slowly then a bump up in the weight later wil feel easy. Basic dual progression, which is a very adaptable idea

Hows nsuns 4 day? Is it better to run that or DUP?

>Seriously why the fuck are there so many different programs? I'm trying to find something simple and i'm running into a billion different methods and programs from a billion different people
Gee, I wonder if it is possible that different people have different opinions and procedures to achieve certain goals in the history of humanity.

yeah i really like Alsruhe's program. seems simple and i like the "one day per lift" kind of focus. im watching the video that he has for it right now

I need more frequency than that to progress, i feel that if I dont squat 3 times per week my squat doesnt budge. I squat 3plt8

Try Candito's 6 weeks intermediate program.

It's quick, so if it doesn't work for you or you don't like it you won't have wasted more than a month and a half, which is great.

Hits all your requirements: bench, squat and diddly based on 1RM, OHP thrice a week on upper body days, very nice intensity and frequency.

I'm currently running it for the third time in a row and gains have been amazing. Strenght has also skyrocketed, went from 110kg bench 1RM to 130kg in 3 months, lmao3pl8s is closer than ever.

Only think I've changed is the amount of accessories. The guy says to do no more than 2/3 accessories per workout. I've done that at first, but since I soon found out I recovered quickly and I felt I could push myself way more, I started adding shit.

Right now I do 14 exercises on upper body days, 8 on leg days, + conditioning and a heavy back workout either on a leg day or on a "rest" day.

So yeah, give it try, tweak it a bit, see what works best for you.

I like the 4 day. Hit 370x5 squat on it yesterday, 465x6 deadlift a few days ago, and 240x3 bench (lmao) last week.

>op posts thread about why the fuck there are so many programs
>every post autistically recommends a different program

hey op try JR Cruz Big Texas Advanced Chainsaw Programable Beginner Method Intermediate 5/23.483/54-4v.5345
this guy i know on this forum did it and got based

I've been doing squats twice a week, and it's been alright, but i always spend like 2 hours in the gym, up to 5 days a week, which is fuckin nutty and i dont know why i was doing so much work.

I was running candito's for a while, but i felt it was too squat heavy and didnt give me enough deadlift volume

>different people have different opinions on what to do
who would have thought

Just make your own, tailored to fit you

Mmh. Never tought about that, I don't particularly care for diddlys since I stopped doing them (got scoliosis, form would break and muscles in my side would hurt every time I tried going over 140kg), I just do straight leg dl.

You could try to fix the issue by dedicating one day to squats and dls, and the other one to dls only, upping volume/intensity.

Or you could just do as this guy says and make your own routine up. Pick things you like from different programs, try it out for a while, keep what works and change what doesn't.

The thing im not so sure about is that you do regular squats on one day and on the other lower day you do front squats. Also, how long do your training sessions last? And lastly, do you see any benefit from doing both sumo and conventional deadlift??

I'll try out alsruhe's program

just got back from the first day, it's a killer. holy shit. 4x8 DL plus 4x8 two other movements is no joke

Im gonna be stuck with only a 40 lb db for some months and idk how I can make it work

The Bridge

dan john's easy strength is simple. every two weeks pick a squat, a hip hinge, a push, a pull, and a carry. every day M-F do 10 reps at an RPE of 6. at the end of two weeks do a 1rm test, then pick a new set of exercises and start over.