Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
youtu.be/EopkfOIxcV8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw

stay mad

This thread is bad and you should feel bad

Bepis

Guys, I'm really worried about Sean. He has been acting really depressed lately. He's even missed some of his Norman Khan posting.

Does anybody have his contact information so we can reach out to his family so they know to take good care of him and tell them that they love him?

How long should I rest in between sets of 5x5?

Making it work on twice a week trenning boys.

Squat 531, fsl x 4-5
Bench 531, ssl x 5-8
Squat widowmaker with whatever pretty light weight for a buttload of reps
SS rows and hypers for five or six sets

DL 531, repeat sets of 2-4 with same weight until you hit RPE 9-10
BN spam fahves with 70-85% TM
Front squat FSL squat weight 4-5 sets
Trahceps n bahceps

Tough sessions but I'm doing okay, better than I thought I would at least. Don't ever be a paramedic lads.

5 minutes if you want to be stronk. 1 minute if you want your muscles to swell up with water.

I HAVE GIVEN UP

Nice blog

335 pause bench and i still have abs feels good mane!!!!!

On a deload week atm whilst running sheiko. Tomorrow I've got a 4x4 @65% on squats. Pretty comfy desu

nice blog

Livia?

Good work.

does anyone know if ssri will affect my training

I have an evaluation in a couple days and I think they are going to put me on something

>He's even missed some of his Norman Khan posting.
No I havent I just took like 1 Norman khan in the past 3 days

>Livia?
Who was the dyel that livia was dating?

Not being on a ssri could kill you, which will ruin your total.

About time they put your ass on something, Dino

>implying I don't larp as you and troll sadfags
>implying you're not dino

>i posted my cherry picks again mom lol

t. weak little shit ball who sucks dick at *all* forms of weight lifting

yes? :3c

>twice a week

not gonna make it, enjoy becoming a pudgy lard ass

looking for good dumbbell based assistance exercise for bench press (besides db bench press)

please respond and please don't bully

I dont understand a single thing you just said

I want to be you

Plz respond I keep looking up shit but the answers are mixed

They will negatively effect your training. I am sorry and hope you find peace in the fact you'll be happier.

Reverse grip dumbbell bench

>the drugs that are supposed to make me happy are going to ruin the only thing that I find fun

can’t win

Welcome to life. Its the same for all of us.

Don't worry too much, it will all be over soon enough.

But breh, I'm actually eking out minor gains and have a four pack

not soon enough, friend

take more drugs then to offset the side effects of the drugs which you are taking

>Reverse grip

explain

I don’t trust myself with self medication anymore

Instead of having a pronated grip you have a supinated grip

why is that an effective assistance exercise for bench press though?

Works clavicle pecs more than a pronated grip. Seems like fun.

I'm so fucking gay

>I'm so fucking gay

We know, sean.

I'll see you there bud

would using a reverse grip for a regular bench press (at a lighter weight than your usual working weight) work as an assistance to BP as well? would it be better or worse than using DBs?

I tore my quad slightly fuck

Marry me

Standing decline inverted dumbbell pulldowns.

What to do at 4am if you're wide awake and just want to do motor maintenance but worried you'll look like a criminal taking apart your motor vehicle at 4am in the dead of night.

Why not just do close grip bench press? Or dips?

i wanna change it up and see if there's any new exercises i haven't done that can target something i'm lacking in.

what do you think you're lacking in that risking dropping the bar on your face will improve?

>instead of trying to help, i'll just nitpick, attack a strawman and contribute nothing

go away, scrawny faggot. before you say it, no, i'm not the person you quoted. so yeah, get lost, toxic retard.

a-are you in São Paulo?

strip your clothes
have you ever seen a nude car thief

Parked my car at a metered spot but it's the only car in the street and parking becomes free in 3 hours. Should I pay the meter or no

>decline bench press

is there ANY reason to ever bother with this meme dog shit?

POP QUIZ
Where was this phrase:
>Parked my car at a metered spot but it's the only car in the street and parking becomes free in 3 hours. Should I pay the meter or no
seen?

a) a message board for autistic parking meter enthusiasts
b) the leaked emails of some shady politicians (note code phrases "metered spot" and "pay the meter")
c) a thread dedicated to the topic of powerlifting
d) the blog of a mundane faggot talking about his irrelevant life

>decline bench press

Do it anyway

That shouldn't be a problem if you're white.

why

unironically none

I guess this is probably a wrong place to ask, but /plg/ tends to know more about lifting than qtddtot
Let's say for example I do bench, ohp, rows 3x5 right?
Whould there be more hypertrophy if I lowered the weight and did them 4x8 instead?
I want to get a better body before getting stronger.
Also please tell me if there are any mistakes in my thinking

yes volume is typically the greatest driver of hypertrophy. more is usually more and if you can handle more overall sets x reps at a similar level of challenge on the x8 sets compared to the x5 sets, you're generally more likely to induce a greater hypertrophy response with the higher volume sets.
I recommend immediately tossing out 3x5 rows and just doing huge amounts of total work. do a bunch of different kinds. heavy rows can be fun but volume rows have been enormously more productive for me

Thank you

>might actually get to train during the day tomorrow

Thank goodness, getting up at 5:00 to lift is no fun. It'll be almost as dead at other hours of the day. Can't wait to use the deadlift platform while fully awake and without some damned kids hogging it for twenty minutes to do a bunch of sets with less than two plates.

>WAWTT
>WAWET
>WAWLTT
>WAWFT

>Whould there be more hypertrophy if I lowered the weight and did them 4x8 instead?

If you can do more sets near failure in the same time frame and still recover (i.e. larger stress), then you'll have a larger adaptaion (i.e. more muscle growth). The difference between 3x5 and 4x8 is kind of personal preference.

Sets near failure and recovery are the important things here.

>I want to get a better body before getting stronger.

No, you want to get stronger so you can have a better body. The person who makes the biggest strength gains in a given period is the one who will make the biggest size gains.

You don't see humongous guys at the gym who can't put up serious weight, right?

Lift big, eat big, get big, in that order.

Also appreciated

Got your back, Jack.

Why is no one here doing sheiko anymore?

It's boring, plus a bunch of people burned out or got overuse injuries.

tbH if I had his contact info I would do worse than just saying hi

Which one has the biggest carryover from squat? Conventional or sumo?

>sheiko

>sumo

bitch shit for bitch pussies

I just got done with day 2 of my water load which is the last day I drink 2G of water. Stepped on the scale and weighed 211.8, so I just piss it all out over the next 2 days?
I'm very concerned about how well I will piss it out.

I might be a bitch pussy if it has greater carryover from low bar squat. If not i'll do conventional.

If you haven't at least completed a Linear Progression program, it's not going to work like that. You need to train your work and recovery capacities to be able to make optimal use of higher volumes.

Because someone memed about sheiko being bad. And the cycles are 12-20 weeks long with nothing much to talk about except for the skill tests so there's not much discussion going on about it.

What is the fastest way to recover hip mobility?

I've been sedentary for several months due to an injury, and now it's pinching like fuck as I come out of the hole.

Light-medium load wide stance highbar squats every day worked for me. If you put the bar in a "midbar" place on your back you can engage your hips slightly more and get a good stretch.

Besides what's already been mentioned, Sheiko is better off for lifters who already have some form of movement competence and training history. For the majority here who are very novice, it's easier to just stick them on something basic with the hope they'll not fuck up.

For those that it would suit, the vanilla versions get tedious quickly and to personalise the templates you need an understanding of the underlying principles and a grasp of your own weaknesses etc. Between the average user's need for spoon-feeding and incredible lack of self awareness it just doesn't work out.

The spoon-feeding part is massive imo. So many on here are afraid to just trial and error stuff to see what works for them for the fear of missing some kind of 'optimal progress'.

If you're worried, take a mild laxative now and your food intake between now and the comp should be low volume to calorie stuff like peanut butter, nuttella, honey etc. Gut content weighs about 1-2kg so shifting that helps a ton with no impact on performance.

youtu.be/EopkfOIxcV8

Works your internal and external rotation so should cover all bases as movement prep.

Make sure you're cuing your glutes properly, might be worthwhile squatting with a light band or hip circle round your knees then trying to replicate how it feels without after.

Adding to what Fatmess said, skip out on carbs and salt until the weigh-in, since both binds water.

i hate being sick desu

Most lifters around here are beginners and make better gains with simpler programs.

I'm an intermediate lifter but i've had massive success with sheiko. Could this just be because I have a very high MRV for upper body that got neglected due to the relatively low volume intermediate programs i've been running?

>squat with normal grip
>wrists hurt
>squat with rippegrip
>muscle tissue in my thumbs hurt

What do

muscle tissue in the palm of my hand hurts*

>Did high volume deadlifts for the first time ever yesterday
>Spinae erector doms
my spine is now forfeit

Quite possibly. The lower volume routines aren't bad per se, they could easily be improved by raising the volume just by assistance work.

At a point where you'd be hitting Sheiko-levels of volume per muscle group but through multiple movements and joint angles I think you'd be setting yourself up for better hypertrophy and possibly less overuse injury over time.

British people should be genocided for their crimes against the boers and the germans

>implying it's not already happening

if trappy doesn't go back i'm going to kill myself

Siener van Rensburg has got our backs

can someone please explain this about texas method

on intensity days, do i still do 5x5 but on my last set of x5 i add 5lbs?

or do i just warm up to a 5lb increase x5 pr?

I wanted to be mean and tell you to do that but good mood today.
On id you do only 1x5 so you warm do your 1x5 and that's you done intensity day Is much shorter than volume day.

I'll say it again Read ppst3 and Justin lasceks tm part 2 , both easy reads and will facilitate your modification of tm.

rip grip

i really cant fathom the idea of doing 5 sets on mon, 0 or 2 on wed, and 1 on fri.

it's a grand total of 6 serious sets a week for absolutely 0 volume whatsoever

it works for squats and deads, binch and ohp require the 4 day method imo.

>and deads
tell me how does it work for deads, for which you do 5 reps per week ?

and no, power clean/snatches have minimal carryover for deadlifts.

switch cleans with rows

and yes deadldift sometimes can go up without even direct work