How you holding up?

>How you holding up?
The bar is open, let that shit out for once

Other urls found in this thread:

runningwritings.com/2013/11/achilles-tendonitis-in-runners.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The days are getting darker. Time to up the vit d3 dose since the lower sunlight = depression for me

I fell in love with a girl from my university over the past year. She didn't like me spending so much time in the gym but I made a huge transformation over the year. Never spoke about my feelings to her and always was these as a helping hand or someone to talk to.
She has not had a boyfriend since I met her.
I remember like 6 months ago a fellow student made a joke that we are together because we'd literally spend most of our time with each other, she reacted in a mildly insulted way to that remark and later on even told me "why would he think of that".

Lately (last few months) she has also been going to a gym, although a different one than from I go to.

I still hang out with her all the time, I am pretty sure she knows how I feel but I am so fucking afraid of losing the one person in my life who actually cares about me more than just a random pedestrian. Literally she knows a lot about me and I know a lot about her that we both don't usually share about people.

I don't know what to do bros, i usually go to the gym and lift the feels away but it's 2 am on a fucking Thursday morning and I am just lying here thinking about her.

Finished my new routine for the first time last night. It felt great even if i basically came home and passed out. Not going back to the gym till tomorrow, now that i can complete it i need to focus on breaking PRs. Tonight im gonna enjoy my evening eat some oats and talk to the qt down the road

Recently I stopped caring about whether I fapped to trannys or not. As long as they look feminine enough and it's POV doggy style, it doesn't matter. I used to feel like human filth, now I feel like human garbage.

Some mires from the qts, grading going up, cacoon mode almost activated, I think we're doing well

Oh man I've missed this place. Glad to see it's still around, though I haven't heard from the old barkeep in a while. I just started uni, again. Tried (that's a lie. I went under duress, never really tried) once, gave up, ended up just drifting for two years. But I'm back and ready to go.

It's winter, and that means seasonal depression. I spent the last week just rock climbing, reading, and reefer. Like a vacation, minus the going anywhere. I'm having trouble making close friends, but there's enough friendly faces I can still bury the pain in lifting. A close friend just jumped ship on me, waiting to see if they float back or if I need to call it a loss and move on. It's one of those stretches where you know it's gonna get worse before it gets better, so all you can do is buckle down and wait.

And there's always a girl. Fuck. Just seeing her sends my heart through the seven stages of grief because I know I'll never be with her. And all I can do is have a hopeless crush on some other girl, eventually settling for friendship because it's better than being a stranger.

In minor news, I might be getting a tattoo, so that's neat. Also rock climbing turns out to be a super fun way of staying fit.

Thanks for opening user, it means a lot to me

Shoulder hasn’t been pain free in months. Have had to stop working out.
If it’s not better by mid December doc said he’ll do surgery.
So many gains lost I’m back to skelly mode

Hey man, what you do when no one is watching is your business. As long as no one is getting hurt, what is there to feel bad about? You like it, there's nothing wrong with it, you don't have anything to sweat about. Live your best life, even if it involves whacking it to a chick with a dick

>Also rock climbing turns out to be a super fun way of staying fit.
hell yeah user

I'm a pretty scrub climber but I go bouldering with a college buddy whenever I visit him and it's dope as fuck. also a great activity for hanging out, shooting the breeze, shit-talking, and getting a sick forearm pump
>no homo tho

nice

got a diagnosis?

I know that it's wrong though, and it's always in the back of my mind when interacting with other people.

>can't decide whether to fight forest fires for a living or pursue phd
>injuries and exam scheduling may force me to choose way way sooner than I want to

feels committing man

Ask her man. You obviously arent satisfied with how things are now. Stop worrying about losing her because if you are still friends with her when she finds a boyfriend, you will hate yourself

Same here. I literally thought to myself that I'd fuck dude if they looked like a woman. Like I probably wouldn't care as along as they looked and acted feminine.

>get groceries every Saturday
>meet qt there and I'm in love
>she was so happy to see me and couldnt even contain her giggling when I smiled at her
>tfw she hasn't been there for weeks
>don't know if she is gone or working different times
>go at different times and she is still nowhere to be seen
>heard other employees talking about some girl not being able to make it in because of some accident

Don't ever wait to ask a girl you fall in love with out on a date. You will regret it like I am now. I hope she comes back. Fuck me

It may feel like what you do now decides the rest of your life, but it doesn't. There will always be opportunities down the road you could never have predicted. Just because you choose not to go through a door now doesn't mean it's closed forever. Do what feels right, even if right can sometimes be a moving target. I believe in you user, go get it

fucking hate this shit planet some days

I keep going though. I'll make it one day

Feeling better in almost every way compared to last year and making progress in gym and hobbies. Gonna try to figure out if I actually have depression/paranoid disorder or something in December and get that shit fixed finally.

I agree, in part. Maybe don't ask her right off the bat, but you gotta talk to her. Have an honest chat, a real heart to heart with her because relationships are based on communication. Until you two are square with each other and know where the other stands, there will be tension. But talk to her user. please. Talk to her before you lose her

We're all gonna make it bro ya just gotta keep on keepin on. Power to ya!

Pretty shitty actually.
>moved to new small town 1 year ago
>dropped out of uni recently
>no friends
>no gf
>by having no friends and no gf, I don't get invited to anything with my peers.
>can feel I'm getting seriously depressed and suicidal
>feels bad man
The only thing I got going for me, is my part-time job as a fire fighter and lifting.

Gonna have to take a week or two of sobriety. Been hitting the bottle hard and am starting to feel cravings and withdrawal... Don't wanna go down that road

Im not sure if I can make it.

I want to become a programmer, finally finish highschool and be able to look myself in the eyes.

My family thinks pretty badly of me and recently ive only given them more reason too.
I want them to be proud of me but I haven't achieved any manner of success at this.
There's a great deal more aswell.

Im not sure how im going to survive starting next year.

Im scared.

Grades are good, school money problems though. 19 hours left to graduate.

Gf is good, but have been super tempted to cheat with college girls. Haven't though.

Lifts are getting better.

About to sip some aged rum at home tonight since I'm done with class today, start a new job tomorrow night.

Overall, stress.

Ask them about her you dip. Go visit her in the hospital

I'm fucking scared for the future lads, planning on going to med school but I'm scared I'm not good enough

For once in my life I'm doing good

>lost 35lbs since summer
>noticing some noob gains
>asked a gril out for the first time in my life
>she said yes

Feels good lads

just coming to the realization that i am an ugly person and that not amount of lifting can change that

Major props to you for realizing you might need help. Get professional help, it works wonders. Buddy blew out his shoulder and wasn't sure if it was just some discomfort it something serious so he went to the Dr for help. I got real sad, so I went to a shrink for the same reason. You have to take care of yourself, inside and out.

if you're in HS just tough it through man, it's not worth dropping out just to get your GED a year later and get bumped down on the totem poll. Get it done and go to a cheap college.

Congrats user! You fucking made it!

>faggot mexican tried to start a fight with me while I'm walking to class
>dumb mexican bitch almost t-bones my truck
>have to chase off 4 fucking mexican greaseballs who are scoping out houses in my neighborhood
>on hold for 10m before the cops even pick up the phone
>had a gun pulled on me

All of this in two fucking days. Man, I am so fucking sick of mexicans. Just sick to my fucking soul. I hate them and their shitty, violent culture. Fucking criminal pieces of shit.

Fuck it, man, I'm getting wasted.

Niiice, congratulations bro.

Same here man, gymcel for 3 years and now I'm giving up that bullshit cuz I'll never be able to make my face and (((penis))) any better. Pick up a new hobby or instrument, playing Guitar has made my live x5 better.

Where do you live? Cali? If this is Texas just shoot the goblins and mention castle law

Grats muscles

yup, and im not 100% bitter or anything, just accepted reality. I still have plenty of friends both male and female, but i know that im not wanted for my looks. Getting into a relationship isnt out of the question, but i think it will be harder

Oh man I need to keep losing weight. Currently 180 but my goal is to hit 150. Been feeling pretty down lately mostly because i realized I don't really have friends. like there's people I'll hangout with once every few months but I have no one I can really consider a friend.

Fuck yeah man!!!!! Glad to see that people are making it, one person at a time. Go out there and crush life!

New Mexico. I don't personally own any guns, but I damn sure am gonna get one soon.

ill be ur frend user

Thanks and checked. Means a lot to me, srs.

>Just because you choose not to go through a door now doesn't mean it's closed forever.
True as far as it goes. Part of what makes it feel so committing, though, is that quitting a PhD program makes me a known bad bet in the relevant field, and backing out on a fire job (if, for example, I failed a prelim and had to study for a retake) makes me a known bad bet there too. And I'm young yet, but not that young by wildland fire standards.

>my part-time job as a fire fighter
ayyyy

not bad, not bad. Hope you get some time to breathe over the holidays.

God fuck off you pussy fucks you lower my test every time I see this FUCKING thread

Inflammation of the rotator cuff. Just unusual how it hasn’t gone away even though I’ve not been using it

Good luck user, Florida, especially the south, has a rican and central american infestation, almost feels like I'm living in another country in some parts of South FL

Thanks bro, I hope I can figure out a way to pay for next semester.

It's honestly the best job in the world. It's what keeps me sane ATM. When the alarm goes off on my pager I feel alive. The high lasts at least a few days, knowing I helped someone and was a part of something worthwhile.
I honestly think if I just got one good friend or a gf, my happiness would be right back to normal. I miss being liked/loved.

Miami is 3-4% white

>one
Cubans are white (for the most part).
>two
FUCK HIALEAH

yeah. if it's chronic I suspect it's not inflammation. check out this link (about Achilles tendinitis, but a useful overview of the state of the art in chronic soft tissue injury research): runningwritings.com/2013/11/achilles-tendonitis-in-runners.html

I actually remember a guy who fixed some chronic rotator cuff issues with eccentric-only loading, but this is obviously pretty tricky to get right (I think he was using a pec deck or something, but not exactly as designed) and there's going to be a fair bit of individual variability depending on what exactly is hurting; the rotator cuff is a pretty big place. Still, might be worth thinking about at least.

good luck. there's gotta be a scholarship or something you're eligible for, right?

IKTF.
>one day my grandchildren will look up from their soylent and oculus rift and say "grandpa, what's a chainsaw?" and I'll start telling them fire stories

Are you a forest fire fighter? We rarely ever our chainsaws, a couple of times a year perhaps.

Terrible, 3 weeks eating nothing but trash, 0 responses out of ~20 applications for internships in 3rd shit world

>going to an event on friday
>invited by younger family members
>everyone in a relationship except me
>never been in a relationship before
>I just know they are going to ask about my "love life"
>they always ask when there is an obvious answer
>they get gratification knowing I'm single and they aren't
>I'm just waiting for the breakups

Are you me??

I have practically no will power and probably will never make it. I might do well as a sweaty office manager of mid-size business with no real hopes of climbing ladders. I want more than anything to be the master of my life. To realize my dreams and look back on accomplishments. I know it starts now. I know It rests upon me. but I'm weak lads. Weak and fat and dead even while I live. Where can I go? Where can I find the happiness that taunts every feeble, faltering step I take? Where can I find my wife? She is the only one who will knit my soul together. How can I stop being an asshole to everyone who has ever shown me kindness? How can I stop letting them down?

Last vent thread I talked about a girl who stopped replying to my texts, it turns out it was just nothing, if anything we're talking even more now and even maybe a little more intimately, just yesterday we shared a mandella effect moment about spicy hershey bars that I guess actually DON'T exists.

>Are you a forest fire fighter?
ayup, contract mopshot looking to get a government job this season
(if school allows/I can quit dithering/etc)

you guys get the vehicle extrication goodies tho, no?

keep shotgunning those apps out, user. sucks but you gotta do it sometimes.

>gf and I broke up 2 months ago
>today would be 2 years together
>broke up bc she never wants to have kids...ever.
>this is dealbreaker for me

When we got together she had just turned 22, and we talked about life and what we wanted - she said she didn't want kids and I told her it was a dealbreaker even then. I was expecting her to change her mind along the way because she would mention how being around her newborn nephew was giving her baby fever and how she loved cooking for me and she said she wouldn't have a problem cooking for me every day for the rest of our lives. I honestly thought she was maturing and coming around to the idea of a life together. Nope.

I know its for the best but I'm fucking hurting guys. Been depressed as fuck for the last two months. My lifts have been all over the place with no real progress. I've been going out and taking group dance lessons so I can just get out and flirt and be in intimate proximity with other women. I'm all good when I'm out and about but the second I get home I'm a fucking lonely, depressed disaster.

This. Fucking this.
Been in a solid relationship for 3 years, my only relationship, breakup 5 months ago. Everyone asks about gf, even though they know I'm single.
Depressed and suicidal because of it.
Don't know how to help you but at least you're not alone.

i just really really miss my ex alot

>closest friends ghosted me and moved in together
heard on the grapevine recently they miss me terribly and want to patch things up, but it's been almost a year. if they really wanted to mend things they had plenty of time and they didn't see them through. the "break-up" was rough on me regardless, and I decided long ago i don't want to deal with their bullshit any longer. haven't made any new friends in the meantime, but im not really a sociable guy and i dont have many opportunities to meet new people where im at.
>been drinking a lot lately
>had a dream about a girl last night that reminded me of my ex
>havent had a gf in 5 years
think im getting real lonely lads...

I remember once when I was too afraid to lose a girl. Never again, user. Talk to her honestly about how you feel.

Don't worry if you lose her. It's a much easier pill to swallow if you sac up and go for it than to let her slowly distance herself from your grasp. You'll be wondering 'what if' for quite a long time.

Nice! Hope you get it.
I think I have it easy, working for Falck, using pagers.
Yes, my station is the only station in a 30mile radius with extration gear. Soon the hydraulic equipment is getting replaced with electrical, can't wait. We are getting new gear every year, it's awesome. We just got a new truck a year ago, 4k miles on it, lol.

>about 2 months since ex broke it off
>incredible gains in the gym
>actually get compliments now
>cleaned my room, didn't realize how depressed I was and how bad she was for me
>realized I was being controlled
>therapy going great, getting over a lot of baggage over the years
>almost done with associates, transferring for bachelors debt free so far
>excited for thanksgiving to eat

Are there any anons here that started college later? I'll be 24 when I transfer to a state school. Is my age too high to be hitting on girls there? I've been grinding tinder thots learning how to apply game and work on my social skills in person on dates. I hope 2018 is better than this year.

>Engineer here

Company gave me one of the biggest projects I've ever been involved with so far

Than they throw some shit about me how the client wants to have the data center up before thanksgiving day

>kek

not going to happen so fast senpai
I'm a bit over my head with this project but I'll get done what I can so far and take it over from there...

>start getting more Veeky Forums
>people, especially guys, start trying to initiate small talk

What the fuck is wrong with people? During my socially isolated fatso years I successfully created a comfy bubble for myself to live in and when someone breaks that bubble by speaking to me, it feels as irritating as when you are in a deep sleep and someone throws the door open, stomps into your bedroom and puts the lights on. "Please stop talking, please stop talking..." That's the only thing I can think of when some dude next to me at the gym locker room starts rambling about how our locks are similar.

Leave me alone, idiots.

thanks senpai, we'll see what happens.

>We just got a new truck a year ago
oh man, I had an engine boss who was super bitter that they were retiring his 02 ford 7.3 with like 300k or some shit because none of the new engine bosses could drive a stick shift, lel

lol you too huuu

just wait until you actually get attention from females and than you slowly start merging into a version of chad

it gets better. keep going

I've been there, former fatty to chad and now life is so different

>keep going

24 is a good age user, old enough to hit on the Masters/PhD its but not old enough to scare away freshman.

>5'11" manlet
>280 lbs
>only pressing 170
>only DLing 210
>fat
>Hate cardio but cant stand being fat

>banging any slut I can on Tinder this summer
>finally get a good one in september
>sexy af but kind of a chinlet
>she lifts, is a womanlet
>sex is intense, she likes biting and I like being bitten
cons
>condescending about the things I like
>Asian, parents don't speak a lick of english
>second date: "haha, I came out of the whore closet in college" (we are both 22, recent graduates)
>violently against the idea of 'dating' which was a pretty big red flag, thinks were just fuckin but we go out to the movies and dinner and shit
>dropping hints about some tragic shit in her past
I've been trying to break it off for like two weeks because we only text each other like once every three days. Shit's stressing me out and I just want to work on myself but I'm trying to do it in person because I'd feel shitty doing it over the phone.
>hey, tinderslut, we've gotta talk, wanna grab some coffee?
>"I don't know if I can ;/ work/LSAT studying/etc
This only started happening when I put 'lets talk' before coffee. What do brehs? Thanks for reading my blog

>Hate cardio but cant stand being fat
literally doesn't matter, abs are made in the kitchen

(though walking has some orthopedic and psychological benefits)

I already get attention from females. It's also irritating as fuck. I hope they won't give me more attention when I get down to 15% body fat.

Ahahaha, what the fuck. The new truck is automatic, but I think every other vehicle in the fleet is stick. I'm pretty sure it's illegal here to obtain your driver license in an automatic.

>proud of being "out of the whore closet"
>doesn't want to date, only wants to fuck random guys
>"LSAT"

>a "good one"

nice joke user

>>a "good one"
>
>nice joke user
Compared to the dumpster fires I'd been with over the summer and my fat ex who cheated on me in May, shes a good one. pic related

Not holding up well
Life as a brainlet is a painful, slow, lonely one

>family member dies
>obtain feels
>too depressed to work out anymore, can barely keep up with regime and lack appetite
>gains are gone
>skelly mode commences
>now i feel like even more shit and the feels dig deeper day by day

What's up?

What have you tried to do so far?

If you're under 25 and haven't achieved something yet, that's fie. It can take time..

>girlfriend moved back overseas
>single again
>in college, meet beautiful young girl
>shes really into me but I don't make a move because still in love
>act standoffish even though she tries to sit beside me everyday
>actually get along well
>find out yesterday she started dating another guy in the class' friend
>realize I missed my chance because I'm a fucking idiot
>fall into unwarrented and unexpected depression

Fuck boys, she hurts

Well, since we're venting.

I've finally got my shit sorted out. Two years ago I was a shut-in borderline alcoholic wreck uni dropout. Just a few months before dropping out I had a decent group of bros that I had classes with, went out and partied with, gamed with, the whole 9 yards. I even had prospects with women who were interested in relationships and some who just wanted to bang . Looking back I can't really think how I ended up in the mess that I did, as I was in a state of anxiety and paranoia, I was having multiple panic attacks daily and nobody around me, especially family would offer much in the way of support. Coming out of it I think I am thankful for the experience.

Now I am back in the gym, back at uni and doing decently well. I've lost about 15 lbs while my lifts have been going up (I was never really super fat, probably pushing like ~20% bf at my worst because I was still doing manual labour). My diet is good, my studies are good and I genuinely look forward to getting up in the morning, and I haven't been able to say that in a long time.

All that being said, I still feel like I'm standing on the edge of a cliff, I want to get back out there and get social again and meet women, but my internal dialogue is one of self doubt and restraint. On one hand I fear whatever it was that happened that had me depressed coming back, on the other I feel like I am missing out on a lot of opportunities to make friends again and meet women, as I've been getting more mires recently, I just don't really have any avenues to get out there and again even with women I still have a monologue of self doubt, it's hard for me to believe that a girl is attracted to me.

Anyway, any tips, any anons with similar experiences?

Any tips innagym or innakitchen

Turning 21 in two weeks and already feel like I pissed a lot of my life away. I feel like I should've gotten further than where I'm at now

where are you at, user?

I'm fat (though lost 80+ lbs over the past 10 months and counting) and just came to the realisation I really want to join the forces, but only after I'm done my BA. At 5'7/220, is 3 years enough to become a hulking strong dude who will fly through basic? Because right now I can do knee pushups and run like a spaz with a hernia, so there's no way I'm going near a recruitment centre the way I am now.

Guess I'm just nervous I somehow won't get through basic despite introducing myself to lifting/eating brilliant/etc this year and doing that for the next 3 lol. Is basic that fucking bad? Am I over thinking this bullshit? Canada fag btw

>Achieved more than I've ever achieved this past year
>Feels like I have no one to share the experiences with
>Small group of friends, shrinking every month
>Family never talks to me
>Going to be done with uni soon and don't know how I'll deal with the isolation
Apparently getting a gf is a lie, because she'll just cheat on me. Even if she didn't, I had a gf once. Still felt lonely.

What do I do?

wait until you're turning 26 on saturday and feel like you've wasted your life! :D

You're only 21, you're a fucking child. Get it together in the next few years and you'll be fine

I can't squat for a while because of a possible injury. Feelin sad brehs.

i've been through that. its a really bad situation. "why would he think that" hurts

dude i turn 26 first week of december and i have definitely wasted my entire life

>tfw going off of parents insurance
>tfw make so little that i will qualify for a tax credit for my insurance even though i went to college

Physically or emotionally?

bof

I haven't accomplished anything, and what little I have tried went down the shitter extremely fast. Life is too intimidating, and I get easily lost and side tracked. Everything is overwhelming. I'm 22 years old and it's just getting less acceptable the older I become.
Smart people hang out with me because I'm easy to manipulate and they like feeling superior. I know they're really not that smart as they too are failures, but they're definitely smarter than me, which is all that really matters to them.
The worst thing about being a brainlet is there's nothing you can do about it. Try as you might, advanced concepts don't click.

Just gonna lift weights, fuck bitches, and avoid eye contact with my reflection.

This is going to sound stupid but I was an autist with nogainz for most of hs so I didn't start getting attention from girls until like senior year so that's really only been 2-3 years now. Can you guys tell me if I am in beta orbiter territory or if I actually got a shot with this girl?

>have good looks and 500+ matches on tinder
>could have met, dated, and fucked plenty of college thots guaranteed but not interested
>like this one girl I knew from high school
>been good friends with her for a few years
>we have a lot in common and talk all the time
>we used to hang out all the time back in hs, go to concerts and stuff together
>we didn't talk for a while near the end because i was busy with shit

>one day she randomly wants to start talking again after hs ended
>have become more successful in life and have a plan for the future, work out etc a lot different from hs
>she goes somewhere else for uni but will come back for the break
>she had a bf for a bit but they broke up, was some guy she was friends with for a long time that just kinda evolved into a relationship, was happening before I started talking to her again
>was never sure if she liked me or not but at one point it definitely seemed like she did a lot of various signs, other people thought she liked me and a few even asked if we were dating
>I straight up told her I wanted to take her out on a date, she was willing but work/school got in the way
>once basically implied I wanted to hook up with her during the summer, she told me she was dating someone and i said "damn guess i gotta keep looking for my summer fling :/" or something like that, she said "you'll def find someone

Alright, just graduated boot camp and made it to my tech school, I have a super busy schedule and am thinking about going for airmen leader core but I'm not sure if it will take too much time away from studying for my sec+ certification. Tbh I probably won't even have time to come back to this thread. That being said it is a lot of fun.

Haven't deadlifted in months after almost fucking up my entire back. BP, OHP and squats are coming along fine

Emotionally all my closest friends have moved on with their lives and I haven't spoken to any of them in a while. I'm just trying to get through these rough few months before I get shipped out in the Navy.

I dunno man... but what I do know is that you have tinder sluts lined up, waiting to teach you about dating. Go out with them and learn. Your oneitis doesn't sound like she's leaving

Why'd you join the military?

i'd say keep pursuing and try to escalate that shit