I'd like to get into MMA and Jiu Jitsu and all that shit, but I just hate Brazil and Brazilians so goddamn much...

I'd like to get into MMA and Jiu Jitsu and all that shit, but I just hate Brazil and Brazilians so goddamn much. How can I get into Martial Arts while also maintaining as little contact with Brazilians as possible?

Find a school that isn't run by Brazilian

Go away /pol/

Japanese jiu jitsu

what the fuck is your problem

Isn't Judo a different system though? From what I understand, in Japanese systems more emphasis is put on taking the opponent to the ground as opposed what happens when you get there.

You could try a martial art that doesn't literally have Brazilian in the name.

Also

Jesus my sides

You guys dont know about the bants lmao

Not OP but pls move to Miami before you make ignorant assessments like this. Brazil is the worst hell in the Americas

Judo. IDPA.

Japanese jujutsu =/= judo =/= Brazilian jiujitsu but they're are all of a common lineage

Basically way back when a bunch of samurai had their own "how to kill people" schools, the unarmed porion of which was called jutjutsu. They kept these schools separate from everyone outside the clan so the samurai over the hill didn't know how they'd try to kill them. After the mini restoraton the samurai are all dead and interest and martial arts are dieing so this guy who learned a couple different jujutsu styles to get back at his bullies at school makes a new system that compresses the techniques adds a bunch of gay philosophy shit and creates a sport out of it. The old school guys don't like this especially because I turns out being able to spar regularly without maiming eachother is better for your development as a fighter than not doing that. Jap jujuts schools are still around but way less popular than judo because it's objectively not as good. Sometime after judo surpasses traditional jujutsu but before judo becomes the more popular nomenclature a judoka goes and teaches the gracie and maeda family judo but only refers to it as jujutsu. Helio gracie sucks ass at stand up but it's kind of ok at ground fighting so instead of practicing he decides to throw all the throws down the shitter and just practice ground stuff. As a result a judoka named kimura kicks the shit out of him both standing and on the ground and breaks his arm. Gracie's claim moral victory for some reason and market the shit out of their martial art in america.

Tl;Dr if you want uber traditional kata look for jap jujutsu if you want to throw and sometimes do ground stuff do judo if you want to do ground stuff and only ever learn how to pull guard and kinda do a double leg train bjj. Ignore the spelling errors, I'm drunk.

Just because it has the word "Brazil" doesn't mean it is 100% ran by Brazilians.

>yfw a Gracie was BTFO by a strongman in less than a minute this decade.

I've trained at 5 schools in 3 states over the years and I think I've mayyyybe rolled with like 2 Brazilians?

hey, no homo but wouldn't rolling around with guys feel gay as fuck? i'd like to maybe do it but the thought of holding onto another guy the whole time does not seem pleasant

Yeah same, the only time I've ever done anything with a Brazilian was when I was atba boxing seminar

I'm pretty sure this thread is /pol/ cancer post jacking off

I mean, unless you're looking to get into actual professional class MMA, you don't HAVE to take grappling. If you're looking for a way to get in shape and maybe give yourself an edge in street scenario, there are plenty of legit striking styles you could focus on that aren't quite so homoerotic.

he's worried about popping a boner when he has some dude's taint near his mouth. That's all this is.

I think Royler having his ass handed to him by an actual retarded person like Eddie Bravo not once but TWICE is more than enough to demystify the Gracie clan. They're great at what they do, but they're not superhuman.

Just train you bitch

Legit info. All jujitsu's are the same. Just different focus.

If your legit trying to kill someone with weapons. Jap jujitsu does have merrit.

Judo kicks its ass because it is unarmed 100%, And more training time, going all out. As your less likey to get injured.

haha found the closet case. afraid of popping a boner, huh?

you guys still around? any youtube recommendations? Only MA related channel I watch is that win chuck channel by wong or something

>Eddie Bravo
>Retarded

Eddie Bravo is a fucking genius mate, just look into Tower 7.

Jap grappling was done with the intention that both parties would be heavily armoured, and thus traditional striking doesn't work.

Imo grappling is fucking gay. Why throw somebody when you can just punch them till they stop?
Plus if shit goes South or his friends she up you can just run. if you are in the ground grappling it would be harder to run.

As such, for me personally the only martial art I do is boxing.
It's full contact, no bullshit, there's like only 6 moves meaning you get good instead of knowing 2 dozen half assed moves.

Having said that, judo or bjj is good for overall muscle development, as one can roll full force.

Ft. Lauddybro, reporting in. Brazilians are literally the worst Latin Americans, hands down. Cubans aren't far behind them. Argentines think they live in Europe. The Venezuelans and Colombians who've moved to Florida are top tier though.

you should never punch in a street fight, unless you aim for solar/kidneys
you aim for head, you hit skull and your fist goes byebye

Not exactly.

Eyes, nose, jaw, temples are all fair game.

Solar plexus, liver, ribs are all also fair game.

The only hit that fucks up your hands are to the forehead.

>Eyes, nose, jaw, temples are all fair game
that is what I said, you miss and hit skull = your hands are fucked

Well, autistic maybe, not retarded.