/FAST/ General FAT FASTING IS SUPERIOR

/FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

>HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis

WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14412187
cristivlad.com/total-starvation-382-days-without-food-study/
youtube.com/watch?v=bB-5IJZLeVM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for avocados are shit and turn you gay

Keto/fast ? Why if glucose is our main source of energy?

GET OUT

Fuck, this guy is pathetic. Mentally too weak to fast. Does atkins instead of fasting, but still posts hundreds of replies in /fast/ per day. Go create an /atkins/ general instead.

(((glucose)))

ARE YOU IMPLYING I AM BREAKING YOUR /FAST/

GET IT?

it's not tho. It's just more efficient. It never became our main source since it was not that common in nature.
We have very little capacity to store it, instead fat is the most reliable energy source, even if its not optimal for high intensity training.

Reminder that "fat fasting" is fucking scam

1) its not fasting when you are eating
2) the pics that he posts as his "proof" were done by literally 1 person who is trying to sell you their supplements

Dont fall for retarded shilling

>too lazy to work hard to get my weight down

>i'll just starve and feel like shit and lose weight for free loll haha

Glucose didn't become commonplace until the first civilizations when we started to domesticate grain. Before that it was all fat, meat and the occasional nuts and berries. That was 5000 years ago.

It's not that being on carbs is necessarily bad, if you live a sedentary life and eat a surplus of refined carbs and never do the occasional fast you will get fat and unhealthy.

>Feel like shit
This is what CICO tards actually believe

>too pussy to fast and work out
>guess I will just eat like a little bitch haha I dont mind inferior results not eating is just too hard

>feel like shit

confirmed for never having actually fasted

You have been incredibly misinforned on that glucose thing pal.
I don't believe CICO :) I believe real results
Not physically possible to work out your hardest unless you have fuel in your blood, sorry to burst your bubble with basic science kiddo.

I have fasted and IF all the time. But you kids really bought into this fucking bonkers idea that working out fasted, and going a full day without eating is somehow going to produce results better than going to the gym on a full stomach and ripping your shit apart. It's fucking mind boggling the soyboy mentality of people who do this.

I'm not pretty sure this guy has some sort of investment in avocado sales.

Seriously you're on a pointless crusade. Eating avocados is not fasting. You're annoying everyone with your faggot avocado fetish.

I hope you choke to death on avocados, or die from internal trauma from inserting avocados up your rectum.

strawpoll.me/14412187
strawpoll.me/14412187
strawpoll.me/14412187
strawpoll.me/14412187

>no kys option

>release energy for 24 hours straight with physical activity without eating to replace spent energy

>gain muscle somehow

This is what these people actually, literally believe.

>But you kids really bought into this fucking bonkers idea that working out fasted, and going a full day without eating is somehow going to produce results better than going to the gym on a full stomach

If your goal is weight loss then it mathematically will produce better results.
People have enough glucose on their muscles even after a day or 2 of fasting and can perfectly do any workout while reaping the benefits of having no calories in that day.

You do understand that the people here are trying to lose weight, right?

Morons like you never cease to amaze me.

The goal is weightloss while maintaining muscle mass.
If you are bulking you can do that with IF as well as long as you get enough calories.

Fasting is the best way to stick to a diet for many of us where traditional advice fails every time. It is EASIER to not eat anything at all than to eat like a little girl all day long.

Personaly I just eat one big meal a day and fast for the rest of it. Cutting has been perfect.

This avocado dude reminds me of the tripfags of old Veeky Forums

He's ok in my book, keeping the traditions alive.

Actually you are the idiot, take it from someone who was chubby and is now has his actual goal body.

>Eat healthy to satiety and make physical, mental, and spiritual gains with a balanced exercise routine
>Lose fat + gain muscle at steady pace
>live happy life

or

>starve to lose the fat slightly faster
>achieve no positive effects on physique whatsoever

hmm

>a full day
WOW WE GOT A REAL TOUGH HERE.
I BET YOU EVEN FASTED FOR A WHOLE 48 HOURS.

i have fasted for 9 days and just finished a workout. sure i was weaker then normal but thats to be expected. when i start eating again i go right back to my regular strength because these workouts make my keep my muscle loss to a bare minimum.

NOBODY HERE IS THINKING THEY GAIN MUSCLE ON A FAST YOU RETARD.
if you eat one meal a day and go above what your body needs yes you can easily build muscle. thats not fasting thats IF

>starve to lose the fat slightly faster

If you are so weak willed that you cant even go a day without eating you have made no such mental gains. Its not like its hard.

>achieve no positive effects on physique whatsoever

You mean besides 8%bf and keeping most of the lean body mass that people lose on a regular diet due to increased hgh production.
Or you mean the improved insulin response? Or the superior lipid profile?

If you dont want to do it then that is fine. Just dont pretend like you know anything about fasting.

god you are dumb.
just leave this thread please.

kek, guaranteed replies.

you come to appreciate retarded posts like these because they keep the threads alive.

>If you are so weak willed that you cant even go a day without eating you have made no such mental gains. Its not like its hard.

I have done full day fasts, now address my point instead of being a child.

>and keeping most of the lean body mass that people lose on a regular diet due to increased hgh production.

An actual lie, again, point to one (1) study that shows this credibly. You can't.

And done, you now have my permission to have the last word. :)

>He thinks losing weight is the only benefit to fasting

>FULL DAY FASTS

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW SO TOOOOUUUUGH

you are pathetic just leave.

>Im too stupid to read the OP and check it's links, the post

>Fasting is good for mental clarity and calmness etc

Oh wait, so does...

>Working out often
>Healthy satiating diet with all vitamins + minerals
>hiking
>reading
>yoga, breathing exercises
>playing with a dog

You. Are. Mentally. Ill.

Stop falling for this shit

>I let myself get fat

>lol other people are stupid

So is your retarded argument that you can;t do any of those things while fasting?

Because if it is, then you are beyond helping.

we do all that shit. while fasting.

too obvious

>Not physically possible to work out your hardest unless you have fuel in your blood, sorry to burst your bubble with basic science kiddo.

Nice source. Also why do you care? You dont even lift

>tortured himself for month to lose 2kg
>could fast instead and lose 20kg in a month

woah

i'm 300+ and losing weight with a calorie deficit and exercise. carbs taste too good and are in too many things to give up completely, for me. i guess this fasting is really for people who are much lower weight, where its harder to lose it?

cristivlad.com/total-starvation-382-days-without-food-study/

fuck off

a single study, from 4 decades ago dude. surely you have a better source

how about all the links in the op you didnt read?

Reposting
youtube.com/watch?v=bB-5IJZLeVM

What do we think of Mr Fast's part 2 on how to lose weight?

I've been doing OMAD for a month now and my body is starting to retain water.

I drink 3L of water a day (more than the recommended amount for my weight/height) yet I pee very little proportionally.

If I pinch my fat it's very squishy and doesn't feel like it usually does. My weight has also gotten higher even though I eat exactly the same.

I also can't shit for 4 days straight and when I do it's solid as fuck.

How do I stop the water retention?

COLD SHOWERS ARE FOR PUSSIES.

TAKE A FUCKING COLD BATH

>tfw bad gerd prevents me from fasting

If I don't eat, there is a volcano in my stomach.

>that amount a bro-science in a single post
>"POTENTIALLY BURN 1000 CALORIES IN AN HOUR"
>people will still try it

>mfw reading this

>bro science
Then again I cant blame you. I dont think you had physics at school yet

That you Cole? 1000 calorie burn in an hour is not possible unless you are a fucking jet engine.

Just read up on what happens when you shiver. 1000 calories an hour is a reach but there is definitely a measurable and significant reaction

OMAD is just a 24 hour fast, Right? Could you survive on 500 calories worth of fruit every day, or would you die from lack of vitamins? Or is it better sticking to 5:2?

i have not eaten for 8 days and i will see if i stop after 2 weeks in total or go for 21 days.

i feel fine

just take your salts

>THINGS FAT MAKES YOU FAT...

THE BURGER WOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER PICK

Alternate day OMAD is working very well for me. Progressing in my lifts and have lost over 14 lbs of body weight in 10 days. I'm 192 morning weight and should be at my goal of 170 in a month.

no he does not post here and do you have any proofs?

That pic made me want to laugh but I didn't because I'm dead inside.

Due to fasting.

It's not fasting when you consume food. Fuck off back to your jungle, avocado nigger.

Almost identical story here: Was stalling on my lifts. Switched to 20-4 IF then OMAD (also switched up my routine). Lifts started progressing again.

194 @ 6'0''

170 in a month would be incredible. race you there.

>lose fat+gain muscle

sure thing buddy

What do you mean by alternate day OMAD, btw. I () do OMAD with carbs on lift days and carb free rest days

another 30 minutes cold bath at 11 degrees celsium.I can feel the fat melting already

>I can feel the bro-science failing me

FTFY

>does not know how energy works

AVOCADOFAG
WHEN ARE YOU DOING A FAT FAST PASTEBIN? YOU SPEND SO MUCH TIME HERE ANSWERING THE SAME QUESTIONS OVER AND OVER, JUST MAKE A PASTEBIN AND PUT ON OP.

no

his broscience and shilling to no place here.

HE IS JUST TRYING TO MAKE YOU BUY RETARDED PRODUCTS

Every single of his sources sells some of their shit

I know you don't dipshit.

You need to be over 18 to post here

>tfw 5 days since i broke my 42 day fast
>tfw eating really heathily, meals are basically chicken breast/veggies/freshly made soups, cant even enjoy crisps or sweets anymore, too sweet or salty, tried a cookie my mum was eating and thought about the calories it had in it and threw it away.
>tfw averaging 1300kcal a day since im still a 5'9 203lb fatass
>tfw miss the increase in energy I had during fasting

why the fuck cant i fast forever lads, did i give myself a eating disorder?

describe your meals in an average week.

nice, how much weight did you lose? nah you can fast again in a few months. and yeah being more aware of what you eat after fasting is normal. are you doing any kind of IF now?

>Eat a high fat breakfast
>Feel like shit
Ah yes... the so-called "keto"
Shant be taking this meme any further

you shouldn't eat breakfast at all you faggot

No?
Should I be OMADing or permafasting?

i went from 262lb to 198lb.

once i started eating again, i've gone up like to like 203-205, fluctuating sometimes more based on water intake etc.

atm I'm eating daily with no fasting to sorta restore my digestive system/intestines back to normal (also taking a probiotic drink every day) but i've been limiting my carb intake which might add a few more pounds, same as salt intake which may add another couple pounds of water weight.

After like a week though, i'm gonna either do IF or alternate day fasting, because i wanna prevent loose skin if im gonna keep dropping weight.

I miss the hunters high from fasting though, and i see food in a different light now, like 3-4 chunks of dairy milk chocolate that my brother would eat is like two bowls of watermelon.

just like holy fuck, pre-fast i used to hoover up all this chocolate and crisps and shit alongside 3 shitty meals.

Go fast if you are still fat. Dont stop when yout job is only half finished

Ketoniggers are pathetic, even european paleolithic man ate a bunch of carbs, stop larping as fucking cartoon cavemen.

i was basically forced to break it by my parents though, i mean i could move out but im saving a ton of money atm.

but once i hit the 35-40 day mark, literally every time i saw them, they were asking when i was gonna break my fast.

> 5'9"
Found the problem. Your body just wasn't built to function beyond 50% as you fall under the average height range (6'4" to 6'7") for a western male (with Asian males being slightly lower at 6'1" to 6'4").

I'd suggest weaning yourself off your fast with soy based products and moving on to a soy based diet from there.

>mfw fatties shame me for getting skinnier
>"You are starving yourself" "You look to skinny" "Real women have curves" "Only dogs like bones"
>Using broscience against me like "YOU HAVE TO EAT 6 MEALS A DAY" "YOU CAN'T EAT LESS THAN 2000 CALORIES" "OMG YOU ARE SO IGNORANT"

Really, nigger?

I've come to the conclusion these people only want you to be fat like they are so they can feel better about themselves.

Literal trash human beings. Makes me want to hate every fatty I come across.

I lift every other day and have 1 meal after that. Usually just a lb of fatty meat with some brown bread

Bet your parents are also fat disgusting cunts

nah they're both pretty thin, they just don't see how a human body can go 42 days without food.

what did snake guy do when he wants to go from a low bodyfat percentage (10%) to a ripped bf?

there was a pic somewhere.

People are crabs in a bucket, especially true for women.

They didn't understand it when you explained the science?

fuk u lanklet fuck.

BARUK KHAZAD, KHAZAD AI MENU! day of the rope is coming.

i linked them studies and figures, even some jason fung videos but they were mostly worried about the long term effects of water fasting, e.g. years down the line getting osteoporeosis from doing this fad diet now because of lack of vit d/calcium even though its mostly nonsense.

I supplemented these minerals/vitamins during my fast anyways, I took electrolyte pills/multivitamin/b complex/ vitamin d/biotin

there's a certain kind of fat piece of shit that will make any excuse. just look at this cretin

>day of the rope is coming.
and how do you propose to hang me little one? my feet touch the floor with the noose on and you can't reach my neck.

When will Ketofags fuck off an die of heart disease already? Stop shitting up fasting threads with your pseudoscience maymay "diet"

I fucked up, I'm intermittent fasting and have been doing great for a month.

I went yesterday to a friends house and ate doritos in my fasting period, my whole scheduled is fucked up now. Woke up and drank some milk becaue I felt like shit so I fucked it up x2.

How do I fix this?

>Makes me want to hate every fatty I come across.
Why not though? At the very least they deserve disdain.

>ruining a 42 day fast with meat trash

stop eating meat you stupid fuck

Stop being retarded?

just restart the fast retard

the taller they are, the harder they fall.

>chicken breast
>meat trash

wut

>fixes his body with fasting
>ruins it again with meat

Enjoy those cholesterol gains and heart disease gains.

Dont have it saved on my phone sorry

you realise dietary cholestrol is almost meaningless right and its about how much trans and saturated fats you eat?

There is such a thing as healthy fats lol.