I have a bmi of 40 and would like to lose weight and build muscle. Any tips? There us too much confliction information

I have a bmi of 40 and would like to lose weight and build muscle. Any tips? There us too much confliction information.

Read the sticky.
Basically go in a 500 calorie deficit every day. Mine is 2500 so if I want to lose wait I'd only eat 2000 a day. Just start weight lifting and eating less. Maybe cardio as well but weight lifting worked enough for me

Tfw im finally overweight but im 7%~ bf
next goal is Obese and ripped

Can simple bodyweight exersizes work? i dont have much money.

Get thin first. Cut out all the junk food, lower calories, read the sticky, ect

Read the sticky. This isn't an insult, but the information on how to lose weight is there. The information is all correct.

Basically, you need to find out how many calories per day your body needs in order to maintain the weight you have. (not losing or gaining weight).

Then you subtract 500. Now you are by definition, eating less than your body needs to maintain it's current weight. Therefor you will lose weight.

Eventually as you lose weight, the original number will become lower. This is when you need to subtract a further 500. (Or 250, depending on circumstance/motivation)

Basically, losing weight is simple math.

Maintenance + some calories = Gain weight
Maintenance - some calories = Lose weight

Of course man. If you want it hard enough anything can work.
I used this workout before I had a gym membership. But remember that eating is the most important. So focus mostly on being in a caloric defecit.

Ibe read that losing a ton of weight without exersize will crash you metabolism causing you to gain it back. Is this true?

Thanks never have been able to find anything that wasnt eitjer exspensive or borderline insane. Thanks for the info

yea, most of my exercise comes from just getting active, I'm still heavy enough that can be a challenge.

You can still lift, but you have to keep your nutrition on point to make sure you get protein and still cut. It's possible to build some muscle, even on a 800kcal cut myself I've seen some improvements since I started lifting.

I'm also taking a lot of test so I may be a bit different.

You can do it, my bmi was in the retarded range when i started

No. People only relapse because they go back to eating massively.

Its literally as simple as energy in energy out.

It is not true.

That's just bullshit designed to make women magazine readers feel better. It's an excuse that let's them believe it's "too hard" to lose weight and that dieting is wrong. But actually they need to follow these "5 best kept secrets" about activated almonds or some shit.

You're going to want a lot of protein. The only way to build muscle and burn fat at the same time is to eat a lot of protein.

Any kind of exercise is going to help. A good resistance band will cost around $15. They're extremely versatile and will give a beginner plenty of resistance. If you can't do that then get a couple gallons of water or buy a bucket from the dollar store and fill it with dirt/ rocks.

Why don't you have much money? Do you have a job?

>38 BMI
>Look nothing like chart

BMI is bullshit if you have any more muscle than average. I'm fat, but not that large.

fucking kek.

45 BMI
bench 315
squat 435
DL 500
OHP 205
look overweight at worst

post pic

Idk what the fuck 40 bmi is but just start watching what you eat and lift weight to lose fat, cardio is a literal meme for fat loss.

Bodyweight exercises are an excellent starting point for exercise and strength gain. If you want a proper introduction on how to practice calisthenics (bodyweight training) look up "convict conditioning pdf" on Google and get reading :)

Have you tried puking on the survivors and summoning the horde?

>Any tips?

Eat less, run more.

Literally four words that could change your life, but you hide behind "It's complicated!"

You are your own worst enemy.