>"I've produced no D1 athletes but D1 athletes should do what I say"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=26D1gpL30TI#t=11m06s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Powerlifting isn't a college sport

Weight training is only used so much in high school sports

College football programs spend up to three hours a day in the weight room
What are you even saying user

D1 athletes have loads of natural talent and don't need someone like rip to get strong

Yeah, but they don't do SS.

Rip is like Matt Furey: Fat, out of shape, questionable methods, but rolls in dough thanks to retarded nerds believing the internet hype.

Why are you jealous of a fat man on some website go do something with your life

SS is for new lifters not d1 linebackers.

Many strength and conditioning coaches suck tho. Its more a who you know than what you know. And complexity markets better to coaches and athletic directors than simplicity. At d1 top 25 football schools you are dealing with naturally gifted athletes and what they do shouldn't be blanketed to general populace.

I don't fanboy everything ripp says, but for couch potatoes who want to get started and stronger SS is fine.

SS does what it was built to do really efficiently. I'm just not sure who's supposed to be excited by it. Who starts lifting with the intention of being a power lifter? People start this shit for self improvement or aesthetics.

not to mention that it's awful even for beginner powerlifters

ez pass to weak bench city

>SS is for new lifters
>low volume
>high intensity too quick
>low exercise selection
>no conditioning and/or cardio
Shittiest program for beginner

According to Rip and his accolades college conditioning coaches don’t actaully train athletes, they only take them through drills and other bull shit. According to novice progression many top tier college foot ball players are still beginners. Why? Becusse they still have the ability to adapt to loads in a 48hr time frame.

well it worked great for me, before ss i did all kinds of meme brosplits, was at sub 2 plate bench, a bit beyond 2 plate squat and never deadlifted before, never did ohp either, couldn't even do 5 chin ups. After ss i was at 3.5 plate squat, 2.5 bench, 150lb ohp and went above 3 plate on diddlies on 3 months. I can finally go beyond 10 chin ups for the first time in my life. Sure that are probably better strength routines out there, but that doesn't mean ss doesn't work.

There are good conditioning coaches out there, but they’re far and few inbetween. You may say “rips program is shit and college conditioning coaches know more”. But that’s just plain wrong, and creme of the crop athletes will be good at anything they do, not matter how they train.

>SS is for new lifters
It’s for anyone who wants to get to the intermediate stage of lifting asap
>low volume
3x5 ? Really because you don’t need Much more that to progress
>high intensity too quick
That’s why the volume is low
>low exercise selection
How? Have you read the book? You can add dips and chin-ups and other fluff work as long as it’s not dentrimental to your main lifts
>no conditioning and/or cardio
Ok add a little cardio after each session?

I was skinny guy and SS did nothing for me.

>getting stronger won't improve your throw or tackle
>45 warm up drills will

You probably did it wromg

Did you eat? Or even read the book?

>D1 athletes have loads of natural talent and don't need someone like rip to get strong
Not according to youtube.com/watch?v=26D1gpL30TI#t=11m06s
A ton of that time is wasted. See above 12:45

>questionable methods,
Lol what? His program works, every damn time on every person that does it from age 5 to 100. The fuck is you talking about?

Now tell me sensei which is the best program for beginners?

More importantly, did he buy the book?

More importantly, fuck off back to /r/fitness