Anyone here have experience with MRSA?

anyone here have experience with MRSA?
it keeps coming back got another bump on my back this is the third one.
been on bactrim for 4 days not much improvement yet.
How do I kill this nasty shit for good

Mrsa is resistant to most common antibiotics. Keep taking what your doctor gives you. How'd you get it and why the fuck are you asking for advice on Veeky Forums?

Med student here.

Take the Bactrim for the full course it was prescribed. If it's still there, go back to your doctor and he might put you on doxycycline or clindamycin. Skin infections can take up to a couple weeks.

he obviously needs IV vanco u retard

Vanco, you dumbfuck. First line DOC for MRSA.

You're getting samefagged by a troll here OP. You dont need to be hospitalized and put on an IV for this shit. Just drained and PO antibiotics

I actually only posted the IV vanco comment to fuck with you. First line if its bactrim, clinda, doxy outpatient, so yeah you're completely right. Just trying to spice things up, fellow medfag

I struggled with staph infections for ten years until I started drinking red wine, one glass a day and I'm almost 12 months without an infection.

Second vanco poster here. Not a samefag.

DOC here would be oral vanco if the SMX/TMP doesn't clear it up, not IV vanco. I didn't post IV, he clearly does not need to be in an inpatient setting. Outpatient would definitely suffice here.

PO vanc doesnt get absorbed brah. Only useful for C diff colitis

Another fellow medfag here.
He clearly needs IV cefa

bactrim/doxy can be used empirically and once ID'd, if those don't work then try clinda, if that doesn't work kill yourself

as he said PO vanco has no indication here

might as well throw in some zosyn and dilaudid

Strong indication for a skin graft in this case

Better idea just slap a fentanyl patch on the lesion.

OP has shit taste /thread

Well I'm gonna put you on a course of linezolid and piperacillin/tazobactam, check your labs in 2 days and get some cultures. Where is the infection?

good idea, put a heading pad on it too to help aid in absorption and healing of the MRSA. the heat will kill it

Thanks mom.

Just put honey on it i don't know if you have real honey in the US but you need it for the shit.

I dunno about IV vans straight away.

>T.Bong doc - No bully pls

what is it like to be bong doc? heard its meh

It is pretty meh
>Bureaucracy up the ass
>Giving up a lot of your own time out of hours
>Shitty pay
>Long af training

It's a pretty comfy & secure job, but nothing as extravagant as it is in Burgerland. Plan on leaving for Aus/New Zealand in a few years.

brit doc can you lend a helping hand, i fell off my bike and smashed my elbow like a tard about 6 months ago. It got infected but then all cleared up now, apart from scar tissue. I think it's called adhesion but not sure. Everytime I lift heavyish i start to develop chronic pain in it, I am at a complete loss over what I should be doing and would gladly kill another human being to be able to go back to lifting normally? Tell me what to do doc, cut back on lifting for ages? Lift light? any treatment or advice.

>t. in advance

I recall reading awhile back about some strike or something. Come to Burgerland and live it up.

>getting shot

>implying docs ain't strapped up

you won't ever catch me without the heater

>europoors actually believe media hype
If you're white you're not gonna get shot