Veeky Forums I'm freaking out right now, I went to get my blood tested a week ago because i felt groggy...

Veeky Forums I'm freaking out right now, I went to get my blood tested a week ago because i felt groggy, shitty ever since my diet changed to high carb meals for bulking season. I got the results in and my FUCKING TESTOSTERONE DROPPED TO 47 ng/dl FROM 391 SINCE APRIL. my doctor's jaw literally dropped when he saw this.

Apparently my A1C is high reaching prediabetic levels (6.0) and considering I have family history of diabetes He said I am most likely insulin resistant.

Fuck me, is my life of gains over now? I decided to take another blood test because I've been water fasting for 2 days and I feel much better.

What the fuck is happening to me.

nice gyno faggot

>prediabetic
>insulin resistance
>sudden testosterone crash

speaking from experience: all that shit is reversible

switch to keto combined with intermittent fasting (the one day fast, one day feast version); you can reintroduce carbs once you've unfucked your insulin resistance, but sucrose/fructose is officially off limits from now on

do that, then get another blood test in a month

What the fuck did you eat?

Pure sugar?

no gyno, im actually 144.4lb, sub 14-15% bodyfat.

I am doing water fast right now, started 2 days ago, and so far I feel a lot clearer headed, and less acne on my face. Everytime i indulge in carbs my acne flares up.

post fast I am going to eat keto foods, more fat, moderate proteins (fatty meats like beef and less chicken) and very low carbs like 50g less.

I ate sweet potatoes mostly but introduced white rice when i started bulking. majority of my carbs were from white rice at the time.

also I stopped taking BCAA because that raised my insulin crazy too.

btw what diet do you do for bulking up? do you always do IF and Keto? what's your staple food? help a brother out

>Minimal fibre

why dont you listen to your doctor's advice? This all deals with endocrine system which the doctor would know more about.
Also, what is insulin resistant? Does that mean your body has stopped producing insulin?

Insulin resistant means your cells aren't responding to insulin like they used to

I dont think cells respond at all to insulin....... I thought their job was to just move glucose inside of cells. Maybe you mean your body is treating insulin as an antigen and possibly breaking it down before it can do its job?

>144.4lb
you must be a little ball of fat or something

How old are you?

Pancreatic beta cells respond to your blood glucose levels by releasing insulin. A big meal resulting in high blood glucose levels will cause the pancreas to release a lot of insulin into the blood. Cells like your adipose, muscle, and liver cells respond to insulin by increasing their uptake of insulin, which in turn lowers your blood glucose level. It's all an elaborate feedback system.

t. Medfag

Sorry I mistyped because phone poster. Cells respond to insulin by increasing the uptake of glucose

So is insulin lipid soluble? I always just imagined it only making it to the membrane surface and just losing its bind to glucose.

i'm 26.

Does switching to keto diet help reverse or reduce insulin resistance? Or does it actually make it worse? I heard that latter on some discussions.

I just looked it up myself and its not. I don't think this medfag is actually a medfag. More likely an undergrad premedfag.

Cells that respond to insulin have an insulin receptor, insulin is just a ligand that initiates a signal transduction pathway causing the cells to uptake and store more glucose. Insulin doesn't actually enter the target cells at all, it just initiates the pathway.

There's no legit medical research into it, and doctors can't in full faith suggest it. Just a bunch of anecdotes and a large community online.

Are you fit at all? I'm the same age, just wondering how this happened to you.

Just eat in moderation, don't bulk on carbs, that shit will give you mass, but only because you're giving your body a ton of glucose and it has to put it somewhere. This happens because working out upregulates GLUT 4 on muscle tissue, which allows more glucose uptake into muscles. That gets turned into glycogen. These "gains" if you can call them that come easy, but it's not clean gains man. Main thing that carbs are good for, IMO, is to provide energy for cardio. That way the cardio doesn't cut into actual gains.

But yea, cut down on the carbs, eat more fats and protein, and do some light cardio so you don't become diabetic. Get your A1C rechecked in 3months. If it goes down, keep doing what ever changes you make.

How about you eat like a normal fucking human?

>beta cells
The virgin pancreas, the chad testes

Kill yourself.

Sorry I was away for a bit. If you're pre-diabetic and showing signs of insulin resistance, then keto diet is amazing for decreasing that insulin resistance. Intuitively this makes sense because insulin resistance is the result of a positive feedback loop where your pancreas is making more and more insulin to keep up with your cells responding less and less effectively to insulin. If you're showing signs of insulin resistance, your doctor will recommend cutting down your carb intake anyways. Switching your diet to include significantly less carbs (such as keto) is a great way to combat insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes.

>Does switching to keto diet help reverse or reduce insulin resistance?
Yes, if you just recently became pre diabetic or if you are even full mode for up to 5 years, keto can reverse it fully.
If you are type 1 or your pancreas is full fucking shot you will go into a coma and die.

Im skinny but have a family history of beetus should i switch up some of my white rice for some sweet grass fed butter? What do you think

I recently started working out a lot, pic related is when I did body recomp, this was done by following ultimate diet 2.0, where I would have very low carbs 4 days working out to deplete my glycogen and have 1 or 2 days of high carb refeed. It worked for me as you can see and the carbs taken on refeed days hasn't affected me the same way it does now (which is making me feel bloated and shitty). This was evident when comparing from before, my refeeds felt good, my body temperature was high, my muscle felt FULLER (harder), but nowadays my consistent daily high carb intake cause me to feel very different. Also carbs felt better when I take them after exercising while fasted.

thanks, I will keep that in mind, I just bought myself MCT oil and will be using this and adding it to my green smoothie to break the fast.

Yea, you look healthy. But get that A1C below 5.5. Personally, I think that the high carbs isn't a good idea. Short term yea, it can help put on mass. But diabetes will fuck you up.

God damnit you are so fucking retarded, you obviously don't know shit for dick about any of this, why the fuck are you even sharing your stupid fucking opinion?

FUCK

the fuk why did your nipples shrink

he a witch
kill him

You think someone would do that? Go on the Internet and tell lies?

So eat better, sleep better, don't eat sugar and start taking some mineral supplements. Don't neglect eating your fucking vegetables. Your body can heal itself if it is being rejuvenated with the proper nutrients.

Adrenal fatigue?

You stress out easily user? Do you hold fat around your belly button? Do you always wake up tired in the morning?