QTDDTOT

Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Haven't seen one of these in a while. Go ahead lads, what is your question?

how gay and insecure do you have to be before you take steroids?

>Haven't seen one of these in a while
theres literally one at the top of the catalog bud.

You have to be gay before steroids.....am I using them wrong?

Do I need to train muscles differently if I am 80 lbs of fat overweight or just do hypertrophy type weight training?

My bro has a small tear in rotator cuff, says shoulders popping and killing him, but he doesn't dumbell OHP and says he got it from benching. It's definitely not surgery worthy but its still sore as hell after a week, any recommendations to get him back to the gym by the end of the month?

Hey, i haven't been in the gym since exactly one year. Feels bad.

I am too insecure to start lifting again. I am so scared of the gym for some reason. I don't know why, i always had fun while lifting, but for some reason i am afraid of going to the gym.

How do I pick a good personal trainer?
I want to be able to perform olympic lifts at a normal weight and bodybuilding with very high reps and low weight.

how do i see his qualifications/how safe he is to work with,so on.
>on a side note,CAN you do both olympic lifts and powerlifting,and strongman-style or could something very nasty happen?

Is boxing actually good for fitness, or is it just a meme?

Sorry in advance for the noob questions.
Is this image accurate? How many push ups should a beginner aim for? I can do 8 to 10 reps several times a day. I aim to do at least 50 a day. Does it matter how long you seperate each set? Because I seperate them often many hours
apart. How many weeks until I see/feel the difference? I do a lot of walking (20km daily for years) so my lower body is developed, but I've got no upper body strength. So upper body exercises are new to me. How long will I start noticing I can push out more reps than 8-10?

No, that sounds like something a faggot would say

Male human semen is the best natural steroid, but a) your own doesn't work, and b) you need to get it straight from the source or it decays. You do the math.

I'm about to start the Reg Park’s Beginner’s Routine but I have a lower back injury that my doctor said I shouldn't do DL on. Googling online it says that RDL put less stress on your lower back so I was thinking about doing those are just going easy on them and stopping at the first sign of pain. Will that be good enough?

How exactly does deadlifts work your traps/lats?

Rippetoe plays trumpet? I think I like him a little more now.

Weighted stretching and isometric contractions

Which is a better warm up 10 minute jog or 20 minute stationary bike

>That position
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I really hope he was just looking at the sheets in a particular way because he couldn’t see

When I bench, deadlift, do any other lift basically, I can rep out a few and then start to struggle on the last two or so. When I squat though, I feel like I could fail any rep and I never really know if I can do another one or not. I hope that makes sense. Basically, I don't know when to stop squatting without failing because almost every time I do a rep with my working weight it feels like I just barely make it. I failed a rep today and had to drop the bar, and I don't want it to keep happening. Is this normal? Any suggestions?

Should you still try to get as much protein on non lifting days? Like on cardio days?

yes. And on rest days and cheat days

Thanks

If you keep failing deload or change your programming.

As for having the feel for a lift it's only a thing that comes with time and doing shitloads of squats. There is no other way around it i'm afraid.
>My doc said
>Putting less stress on an injury is a good thing.
If you're a noob and never done lifting just go physiotherapist alongside your reg parks. RDLs will still have a lower back component and if you're a retard newbie you will most likely have a cat back doing them in first couple of times, just do rack pulls and keep decreasing the rack height also Sumo deads aren't bad on lower back.

Ppl routine guides/advice?

Asked in the last thread, but it's ded now

Forced to take a lot of time off of working out (several months). Unintentionally lost about 20 lbs in the process. Should be able to get back to lifting in a couple weeks and was planning on doing a 4-day style SS routine. If I spent the whole month of December on a dream bulk, how likely would I be at my precious strength levels if I was at the low end of intermediate when I had to stop?

lost gains are lost gains
while you'll have a slight advantage in re-gaining previously held gains, you're still going to need to work your ass off to make any progress

Also bulking is a meme, just eat proper at a small surplus lad

is OHP completely necessary to get strong & big? For whatever reason my ohp just will not go up. I can't even hit 80 lbs for 3x5 yet, after just over a year of lifting.

Also are pull ups a good replacement for lat pull downs? they never feel right for me and I don't feel like i progress with them at all

The dream bulk is a doctor's order. I've got health problems that have some dependence on weight and when I lose a significant amount of it (essentially 15% of my bodyweight in 6 weeks), it negatively impacts me.

Would the extra sessions be helpful, though? I mean that's 1/3 more lifting sessions than just standard SS so I should be able to get through those really early noob gains quicker, right?

see any other noob program, break up into push/pull/legs, add a shit ton of questionably useful accessory work because you don't know what yoy're doing and the primary lift volume is too low.

do pullups every other day for progress, incremental increases
IE:
one week do 3x5, then 6/5/5, then 6/6/5, etc.

no clue for OHP, my shoulders are fucked from an accident and I can't do anything overhead

only thing I know is the key to mass is volume
I do an upper/lower split 5-6 days a week hitting whatever is available.

you'll get back fast. you'll make strength gains a lot faster this time around. don't be afraid to up the weight from work set to work set if shit feels too light I'd be surprised if you weren't back to pretty close to where you were before when january rolls around.

When doing curls I am unable to feel anything in the biceps. Everything goes to my forearms. I watched a video last night from athlean x that recommended heavy barbell cheat curls. Does anyone have some other recommendations?

>pull ups aren't overhead

k

Do preacher ezbar curls and SQUEEZE that shit at the top, then let the bar down slowly at a temp of 4-8

>can't do overhead extension exercises
>"lmao what about pullups XD downvote haha"
brainlet detected

I've been doing SL 5x5 for a while but am now looking for a new program. Is pic related any good?

I'm not worried about mass right now, I'm focusing on strength. I'll be lucky if I can squat my bodyweight (which is under lmao1pl8) when I get back at it

Would the 4 days be overkill if I was training like this? The plan was the core SS lifts (with rows instead of cleans until I can into pullups again) but with Greyskull programming

>doesn't know the diffrence between shoulder flexion and extension

ok word, I'm doing a PPL so i've only been doing pull ups twice a week, should I up it to every other day? I'm currently working towards 3x10 but only been getting 10/6/6 mostly.

no

nigger I don't know what your fucking deal is
I can do pullups but can't OHP due to the pain
whatever trip you're on about, have fun

10/6/6 is good, maybe try 8/8/8 and then increment from there. Seems you're wearing yourself out a bit on that first set
And yeah, doing them 3x a week is optimal

how could we possibly know? you've provided literally no useful detail about your goals, how you measure them, how you're progressing toward them, etc.

I sincerely doubt such minor bullshit will have a significant impact on your training.

Rehab it with different bands. Do mostly external rotation ones because internal rotation is almost always strong enough but the external rotation of the shoulder is very weak.

you're retarded is what's wrong. stop answering questions based on personal experience and learn and apply best practices to yourself first. you are what's wrong with lifting.

no.

see a physical therapist and do what he/she tells you

what do you think is at all wrong with my advice

literally everything. you just randomly spout arbitrary shit and use terms in ways that clearly demonstrate you don't undrstand them. it's like watching a retarded child stick a fork in an electrical socket.

lmao
>y-your posts are shit
>i-i-i don't need anything to support my mindless claims
guess how i know you're a skinnyfat virgin lad
go shitpost /b/ if you're this bored/misinformed

How did I do tonight? Slow cut/borderline recomp.

best way to naturally raise t levels?
>heavy lfting
>sleep
>fats
>red meat

anything else?

I'm thinking of moving from SL to SS?

I do 190c/200p/50f when slow cutting. As long as your lifts are not falling/increasing, you're looking better in the mirror and your scale is going down or staying similar I would say successful slow cut so keep doing what you do.
That's pretty much it lad, you can also get bloods to make sure you're not deficient in any vitamin and you're set. Outside of that you can start pinning.
Do it.

Should I be able to row more than I bench? I'm a complete beginner (>2mo) and I just rowed 1pl 3x10 easily which is the most I've ever attempted, but failed on the third rep thrice on bench. I feel like I should be able to bench more than I row. Is that incorrect?

I started skinnyfat, was ~74kg, 14.8% body fat, now I'm 69.5kg and I still don't have visible abs without flexing.

How much more am I supposed to cut? Will the end of the month suffice? I want to start bulking already, but I need to see them abs first.

Yes, if done strictly your back muscles are bigger than pecs. However work on your bench form as well, lots of guys don't know how to bench properly and just do a no leg drive almost flat non tight bench.
You have no muscle lad, I'm only a 3 year lifter and whenever I cut I start seeing upper abs at 18-17% bfat and at 14-15 usually fairly visible.
So you either cut down even further probably till sub 65 kg or more or you can bite the bullet and slowly bulk up while gaining muscle.

I use leg drive and vasalva and RETRACT THE FUCKING SCALPULA! I don't know why, but I thought my bench should be more.

All lifts also respond to bodyweight gain but upper lifts respond even more so maybe you're too light. I had to bulk up quite a bit before hitting 2pl8 bench in 6-7 months. So if you're not being a strength focus retard like me then just take it slow and expect slower increases.

Yeah. I'm lifting more for hypertrophy anyway. Thing is, I got my weights from Craigslist so I'm going to have to go buy some five and ten pounds plates. Was trying to make the jump from 100 to 135.

This is my current 6 day PPL split. Basically my idea is to do two basic, compound lifts, first in 'strength' range, second in 'hypertrophy' range, followed by an 'auxiliary' lift. I moved deadlift to legs day because (1) it will give legs and lower back 2 days to recover in between and (2) allows for more balanced routine overall. Of course it makes my legs day very taxing on the body, but I don't mind. For the first lift, after warm-up I always try a new 1RM, sometimes I fail (0), sometimes I manage to do 1 and sometimes even 2, depending on rest / stress / diet / other unknown factors I guess. After that I reduce some weight by each set (generally ~10% between 1st and 2nd, and then 5% for the rest). Final set is AMRAP. So far the results are pretty good, making good progress on all main lifts, my appearance is getting better too.

Push 1

Bench press 1x1 (0-2), 3x3-5, 1x5+
Overhead press 3x8-12
Incline bench press 3x8-12

Pull 1

Chin-ups 3x max
Barbell row 3x8-12
Dumbbell curl 3x8-12
Jack-knift sit up 3 x max

Legs 1

Squat 1x1 (0-2), 3x3-5, 1x5+
Deadlift 3x8-12
Front squat 3x8-12

Push 2

Overhead press 1x1 (0-2), 3x3-5, 1x5+
Bench press 3x8-12
Close grip bench press 3x8-12

Pull 2

Barbell row 5x5
Chin-ups 3x max
Dumbbell curl 3x8-12
Jack-knift sit up 3 x max

Legs 2

Deadlift (0-2), 3x3-5, 1x5+
Squat 3x8-12
Straight leg deadlift 3x8-12

What do you guys think? Are there still some flaws in my approach I should keep in mind?

You are most likely rowing with improper form.

Reposting from last thread:

Whenever I leave the gym (PPLxPPL), I'm tired, every set the last reps are like lifting a fucking house. The session takes about an hour, I'm tired, yet I'm not as sweaty as others in the gym. I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Also, for example, can I eat all of my macros and for dinner and after workout and then not eat until the next day? I'm not talking about IE, but I wont be able to prepare my meals later today.

so i cannot do bench press or overhead press (or any other pressing movement above the head) due to what i think is elbow tendinitis, so i had to change my workout, i was originally doing greyskull. Is this optimal for no bench/ohp? I put dips every day because they were the best thing i am able to do to replicate pressing, and added lat raises and shrugs as i cannot do ohp. Also, what do i do with tendinitis? See a doctor? Wait til it goes away? ice it? Massage it? I have had it for one and a half weeks and have taken time off working out. It literally only bothers me inside the gym when doing certain excercises.

A
Weighted Dips
Squat
Weighted Chinup/Row (alternate)
Lat raises
Cable Tricep pushdowns
Curls
B
Weighted Dips
Deadlift
Weighted crunches
Shrugs
C
Weighted Dips
Squat
Lat raises
Facepulls

I cant decide if i should bulk or cut, my upper body looks fine while lower (ass and thighs) looks like shit becouse i store fat there. Should i just bulk for another 2 months and then cut?

If you cant see your flacid penis when standing up and looking down, cut. If you can see it well still, bulk. Idk if that works but its what im doing. When i look at it shrunken in a cold shower i sometimes cut when i dont need to and vice versa in summer

Is lifting 6 times a week enough to consider yourself a "physically active person"?

I do PPLPPLx. Been thinking about doing some sports like soccer

bump

Can I do cable crunches every workout, or is that way too fucking much? pplxppl

22 yo college drop out that works from home. Im 5'5" and 170. Needless to say, I've gotten pretty fucking fat. Im living temporarily (next 4 months) with my friend who turned out to be a huge hoarder. I have no use of the entire kitchen, dishes and all. There is no drinking water at all, we have to use bottled water to drink (so i only usually drink about once every three days). I only leave the house to go get fast food, which is the majority of what I eat, considering I cant fucking cook. Right now I only eat about once a day, and just smoke weed hoping it doesnt get me hungry.
Considering dietd that either have me eating once every 4 days or just eating fruits. I dont know anything about diet, but ive done a little research and that seems to work for people.
Also any suggestions for incredibly cheap and healthy food that doesnt require a kitchen? Want to be able to exercise too.

What are some clothes you can wear that subtly show your muscles? I wear skinny jeans, so quads are always on display, but upper body is more complicated.

Does smart water give anyone else the shits?

how big do my pecs have to be to stick out more than the bottom of the ribcage?

anyone have stretch marks on their lower back, is it normal? ive never been overweight, it just looks like ive been clawed by an animal?

I have some on my side. But I'm pretty sure its from a quick gain, not necessarily bejng overweight.

you get stretch marks if your skin cant keep up with the growth
i got mine on middle-lower back during puberty when i was growing rapidly

>You have no muscle lad
You're probably right. This is how I look now. Should I cut ~2-3 kgs more? Am I gonna see visible abs by the end of the month?

cut?
top lel m8

I'm using my scapula and not my arms, bent almost to 90 with my head looking forward instead of down. Something I'm missing?

Yes, cut. I was skinnyfat, you obese fuck.

how big do i need to be before i stop wanting to die

How can I correct my anterior pelvic tilt?
I'm getting a lot of spinal pain following heavy squats that I believe may be caused by shear stress from compression of the tilted lower bit of my spine. Any other suggestions as to what causes that pain as well

Are chin ups considered high intensity or something?
Today is my first day lifting and I did some chin ups.
I managed to do 5 but what surprised me is that it was more difficult cardiovascularly than it was strength-wise.
When I was doing them I was involuntarily emitting these bizarre, video game, breathy grunts at the top, like it felt like I was exhaling my soul, and when I got done my heart was racing like I had just been sprinting. Am I going to die?

How do you reverse park without panicking about the people behind you judging you

What is volume, like 5x5 doesn't have enough volume? more reps?

Lie face down on the floor. Use your arms to push your chest off the floor while keeping your hips on the floor, so your spine bends backwards. Does this hurt? If yes: fix your pelvis position. If no: probably nothing to do with your pelvis position.

As for how to fix it, sorry but there is no cookie cutter approach. Most articles on the subject are not very complete. Mike Reinolds has a good video on it, if you can find that.

Volume is the total amount of work you do.

Some like to calculate it as sets x reps x weight. Others like to simply count the number of reasonably hard sets they do.

How much volume is appropriate depends on a million factors. It's very context specific. Veeky Forums likes to talk about the importance of volume a lot these days, but most people on here don't understand what they're talking about.

tl;dr 6x5 would be more volume than 5x5, but don't be so sure that you actually need more.

exercise at home for a while and the get your ass back to the gym

Just go to the gym. It won't be scary. Just go there. No excuses.

Thanks, no pain when I raise my chest with hips on the floor so mustn't be my pelvis position, my form is generally very good, however I know for certain I have a habit of locking my hips at the top of a squat which I imagine is putting a lot of weight on my lower spine. I should work on that

how do i lift 4 times a week do muay thai 2 a week while working shifts and commute to work?

Sleep less

How do I do these without my legs hurting too much to continue? I do them exactly as he does, but the part of my legs where the weight is always hurts before I can do too many.

How do you avoid this?

Heavy sets of squats will feel like every rep is a struggle. 100% normal. Don't bitch out, keep pushing.

Not fit related but can someone please post that picture of a white girl on a farm holding wheat with some animal behind her. Ive been looking for that picture for 2 days now and i cant find it anywhere.

I would like some relatively lazy no-prep bulking additions.

I get about 3000 calories a day of whole food but sometimes its not enough. I already spend nearly an hour in the afternoon between making lunch + dinner and cleaning up

Sup guys, gonna keep it short. Fat guy here, have been losing weight with cardio and diet. hit plateau. Adding weightlifting starting next week. Do I keep the caloric deficit until the fatness is gone or am I supposed to do something else with my diet?
Also thanks.

I'm moving into a house in a couple months where I'll be have room for a bench, squat rack, dip bar, weights, etc. For now I've just been doing push ups and sit ups along with hitting macros until I can do a full routine (really don't want to join a gym with my social anxiety until I get on meds at least)

Just wanna make sure this won't fuck me up in any way? I'm not working legs cause I dropped a lot of weight and my legs are disproportionately bigger than my upper body at the moment

What are the side effects of eating 200g of beef liver everyday?

diminished hunger

Is it possible to overdose on iron, vitamin A or B?
100g of liver, depending on which animal, gives you about 10-20x the RDA for those micros.

Why can't I feel any activation in my lats for the lat pulldown? I literally only feel my triceps. I've tried all the different handles, no difference.

All the times I see 1/2/3/4 or some variation of that, what does that mean?

I assume 1 plate overhead press, 2 bench, 3 squat, 4 deadlift?

peanut butter for fats
cereal for carbs
protein powders for protein

keep the deficit until you are no longer fat