Air Force officer questions

Didn't know what board to post this to but it wanting to join the Air Force, but as an officer. I'm about to graduate right now.. only problem is my gpa is pretty shit. I'm not dumb , just dumb enough to fuck up on classes I just have no motivation for . Apathetic more like it. Either way I've turned it around recently but I'm still just gonna have to deal with the shit gpa . Anyway I know it's hard to get into the Air Force. Especially as an officer I've heard. So I was thinking there was a position I could try in reserves? Or maybe just something as an officer that isn't particularly demanding, or that is in demand I could go into at the moment. Can any military bros help out? Will having great asvab (or whatever the test is) help me out?

Thanks

Check out /k/'s /meg/--you'll get more replies. Good luck and check 'em.

Checked

Checked

As a current Air Force fag if your not sure what you want to do stop immedietly. Unless you have a solid idea of what you want to do you are going to endup as enlisted filler in some shit career field. Start looking at the requirements for the academy if you want to be an officer and take a good long look at every job and career the Air Force has. Start there and once again do not just jump into this shit.

Checked and rec'd

Officer here, (butterbar tho).

The Air Force gives a massive fuck about your GPA. If you were a sophomore or younger, going the ROTC route would have been your best bet. However, you'll have to compete for OTS unless somehow you can add 3 more years onto your degree (if your GPA is shit it might be worth a shot). OTS is the most selective next to the academy. ROTC is the easiest to get in, but the hardest to get a cool job (pilot, spooky bois, etc.).

It is possible to get into a reserve or guard unit, you will just have to ask.

The Air Force doesn't give a fuck about your ASVAB score.

AMA.

Officerfag again, I cannot second what this user said enough. When you say you don't know what you want to do, to recruiters that means "Needs of the Air Force" which basically means they'll stick you anywhere they can get you. For non-rated officers this means they'll stick you in a missile silo, if you're wanting to go rated they'll put you flying drones.

What branch cares about ASVAB and ignores GPA?
>t. 96 asvab 2.3 gpa skinnyfat

I was in the army for 6 years got a BA in marketing and want to go to OCS, studying for the AFOQT.
How demanding are the physical trainings and are gyms available during training so I keep my grunt body

if you're going officer you don't need asvab, that's for enlisted. Airforce is a pussy branch and they accept everyone

Do you get PT waivers?

Whatever you do, don;t go enlisted. If you wash out of OTS you get to be enlisted. What about ROTC on campus, have you talked to anyone there? 2.0 gpa for non scholarship rotc. 3.0 for OTS but I think certain harder to qualify for positions have a lower gpa requirement (sounds weird but I guess they don't care about pilot or medical grades).

>Airforce is a pussy branch and they accept everyone

You are so stupid it actually hurts.
The air force is the most selective branch of the military, next to the navy.

The army is the one that lets any brute join.

What's your degree and GPA? For officers the test is the AFOQT (Air Force Officer Qualification Test I think).

Not trying to steer this thread off course, but I'm shipping in 10 days. Will basic ruin my bulk or will it help with how often they feed you?

If you are apathetic about things 'you dont care about' Officer isn't for you.

Coast Guard is actually the most selective. There are almost no slots to begin with and they have high standards. There is unironically a wait list years long for the coast guard

would i be a laughing stock if i had a 2.4 gpa with a bba in cyber security? im retarded and enlisted with a degree. Now that I want to be an officer do you think i have a chance? i'm only about 1 year into my first contract.

Air Force relies mainly on intellect than strength, if you want a beach that’s physically demanding then marines it is, honestly though I would go for navy cause it’s a good blend of both

>officer
>my gpa is pretty shit.
>I'm apathetic
Let me clue you in on a few things:

1) Officers are hired for their intellect and pre-existing skillset. If you think they're gonna be pounding down your door to join the Air Force as an officer rating when you've demonstrated clearly that education and dedication to that education isn't something you care about, then you're wasting your time.

2) While all the military branches begin your contract with boot camps and schools that destroy your ego and teach you your assigned tasks so that you perform it to their standards...it's not that they are doing it so you CAN perform those tasks, it's so that you WILL. Unquestionably, in any circumstance, under any pressure, with responsibilities crushing you and personnel depending on you and you absolutely will perform your task. Every day. Failure at any point, ever, results in your ass being destroyed and all results 'til the end of your contract just got indelible varnish. What I'm saying is, you think any part of you is "apathetic" then you are NOT officer material. You're hardly military material. Even though apathy is not an option or tolerated, what the Hell do you think it's going to be like meeting that standard of performance every single day when you don't want to and have a hard time doing it in the first place?

3) The best chances you have in gaining an officer position is taking an officer's role in a field absolutely NOBODY wants to do, and becoming a complete professional EXPERT at it before even applying to it. Years or perfecting this shit job. And then, MAYBE you'll get a contract, but honestly there are way way more other guys out there outperforming you intellectually and reportedly that were forced by their recruiter to make "general" field positions a desired job choice. "Needs of the Air Force comes first." In other words, even those brilliant guys who probably deserve great contract get SHIT because being pilot is not what the AF needed.

Dude, you're not gonna have time to worry about your delts getting separation, bra.

Have you not looked super super super super heavily into what you're going to be arriving at? I don't think you understand that "how you feel" is completely laughable.

But sure. You'll get enough food. You won't get enough sleep, enough time to rest, stress will be non-stop and the exercise is gonna be cardiocardiocardiocardiocardio hey better do some more cardio!

>would i be a laughing stock if i had a 2.4 gpa with a bba in cyber security?
Yes.

>Now that I want to be an officer do you think i have a chance?
No.

Bumping out of interest. Was thinking of joining the Navy as a logistics officer because of my master's in econ.

Why the air force? It's saturated because it's a bullshit job that's easy and you get the same benefits as actual military service. If you're looking for something to challenge you and do something awesome, look at any of the other branches. If you're just looking for the bennies and pay, you don't join the military. You go straight civilian world because you'll make much more there.

But considering you couldn't even go to the designated board for military stuff, and you're asking about easy jobs, you sound like the perfect supply officer: A lazy piece of shit that even when you try, you fuck it up.

Chair force are fags and don't deserve any more respect than a civilian.

Other than that, it's a good job.

>coast guard
>branch

this

Agreed
Unless you have bullets flying at you you don't deserve any respect.

Can't stand that behind the front line mechanics, paper pushers, and bullshit like that get thanked for thier service. It was a job. No better than me who also has a job.

>The air force is the most selective branch of the military, next to the navy.
The Air Force likes to push this, but there's a lot of nutjobs, idiots, and undisciplined people that slip through the cracks, most of them are women. During my time I never met an officer that I admired. Most of the ones I encountered were completely out of touch with their own flight or squadron and made things more convoluted than they need to be just for a stupid OPR bullet. One good example is the transition from the threatcon system to the "force protection conditions".

Fuck officers.

Any RPA Sensor Operators here? If I end up enlisting then is this one of the better careers? I know it's a lot of waiting but drone control seems better than making ammunition.