Knee joint pain

I run a lot and lately I have been experiencing severe knee joint pain. Any tips on how to elevate the pain?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Cambivo-Compression-Arthritis-Meniscus-Recovery/dp/B073R7TK7N/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510890778&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=knee sleeve combivo
runningwritings.com/p/the-injury-series.html
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2095254617300285
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*alleviate

Listen to Mark Bell's powercast ft Stan Efferding on Knee, elbow and pack pain.
You're welcome.

Try running faster and wearing a weighted vest

when you start out do you warm up?

I warm up for something like 1.5k just go slow and shorten your stride until your joints are nice and warm.

If you're already doing that, might want to think about talking to a physiotherapist as they can tell you about how your muscular system -
including feet - may be in some sort of imbalance.

asshole lol

boipussy

i just stopped running altogether because of this. After lifting, forget about it

Swim instead.

Go to a sports doctor and get checked for an underdeveloped VMO. They'll hopefully check it with a sunrise x ray. It could be of course many other things but I tend to find this to be common for young athletes that are otherwise healthy. Assuming you are as such.

are you landing on your heels?

I have a torn meniscus from baskeball. It never really heals fully. Compression wraps and proper stretching help a lot for me.

Does heel striking hurt knees? I'm pretty sure I walk like that and just started getting knee pains. Not OP BTW.

I started running two weeks ago and after a week my knees feel like hell. Now walking is painful. I have flat feet and shit running shoes. Would resting more, strengthening my arches, and buying good running shoes solve it?

amazon.com/Cambivo-Compression-Arthritis-Meniscus-Recovery/dp/B073R7TK7N/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510890778&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=knee sleeve combivo

Wear a knee sleeve when you run a lot and it will help immensly. Don't use it all the time, only when they begin to hurt to help them rest.

Absolutely. Never strike with your heels, walking or running.

i run with my forefoot is that good?

Foam roll and correct muscle imbalances if you have any. Running can result in overactive quads and tight hip flexors which may strain the knee. May just be runner's knee though.

The knee is a big place, and there are lots of things in it that can hurt. Some of them are discussed (pretty well imo) here: runningwritings.com/p/the-injury-series.html

M E M E

see for instance sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2095254617300285

does it hurt?
if no, probably
if yes, probably not

On a related note, is it true that the leg extension machine is bad for your knees?

>Walking heel strike is bad.
What the shit.

hmm when I went to physical therapy was always told to run on my toes, is this wrong?

It's an ok cue. Most people are so used to heel-striking, that telling people to run on their toes will probably still lead to midfoot strikes.