Can we have a cooking thread?

Can we have a cooking thread?

What are your go to seasonings?

What are your go to recipes?

Do you meal prep? What do you put in them? How do they taste at the end of the week?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EUzaw5_O9vY
youtube.com/watch?v=wpLJXHUyvyM
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uyG5KeIeH8LUqmlAkE2P6lUJ5N2Q31evuLr1lOy7Luc/edit?usp=sharing
budgetbytes.com/2010/09/naan/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Chicken thighs bone in skin in 400 degrees for 35 min. No seasoning. Done. Tasty and easy as fuck

>no seasoning
at least use salt and pepper nigga

rice, peas, carrots, onions, tomatoes, cheese and beef every night every day i love it

Seconding OP's requests. What are some meals for lazy fucks like me?

I've started regularly working out (4 times a week) for about 6 months now. Seeing good results, but my diet is holding me back. I'm trying to lose weight. The sticky is helpful but I'm not sure what to actually make. White meat chicken for instance, super healthy, but what do I do with it? I can find recipes that utilize white meat chicken, but how do I know they're healthy? Please help a retard.

I don't mind making the food all at once and then putting it in the fridge for th week. That sounds easy.

Top Ramen and Hypy Mud

youtube.com/watch?v=EUzaw5_O9vY

Is this a good guide?

youtube.com/watch?v=wpLJXHUyvyM

He seems like a cuck but it appears healthy.

Why is this guy putting coconut oil on everything?
And how is 150g chicken + rice and brocolli 3.5 dollars?

>No seasoning
Garbage opinion

20 minutes for 2-3 days of warm meals, depending on your diet.
300g dry rice (basmati/parboiled) put a decent amount of salt into the water while cooking it. A ricecooker is definetly worth its price if you're trying to eat well.
1kg of chicken breast filet. slice into somewhat even pieces of the size of your thumb. season with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and whatever you like.
take some matching veggies and chop them into small pieces. I usually take cherry tomatoes, carrots, bell pepper, and broccoli.
cook the well seasoned chicken in 2-3 tablespoons of (olive)oil. once the chicken is done run it through a sieve to keep the fat and juices in the pan.
now add the chopped veggies until they're slightly seared.
if you timed it well your rice should be done by now. you put the rice into the pan briefly so it soaks up the taste of the juiced of the veggies and chicken.

now put everything into a food container (I use 4l sized) and mix it up.

stats approximately:
2300 gram
2600 kcal
270g protein
280g carbohydrates
50g fat

I never understood why BB think their meal is healthy because they have added 4 pieces of broccoli to it.
Trash tier nutrition.

>chicken and rice and
>trash nutrion
what the fuck are you on about now?

Can someone just answer the fucking question instead of going max autism?

Thanks, I'll give this a shot too. Making a shopping list.

Is chicken and rice healthy? Yeah it is you fucking tard.
Could have figured that out with a simple google search or some basic nutritional knowledge.

>WHY IS HE PUTTING COCONUT OIL ON EVERYTHING?
It's a healthier alternative to cooking with butter or veg oil.
Jesus are you going to eat the spoon im feeding you off as well?

1:1:1 ratio of mincemeat, kidney beans and sliced mushroom

Go to spices are vegeta, paprika, garlic and onion, alternative is whatever takes my fancy at the fresh herbs place. Olives are great too. Really been in to hot sauce and chilli lately though.

Make a batch of this on a Sunday and freeze the lot in small tubs, eat it alongside bags and bags of thawed mixed veg.

All day, every day

Poorfag here. I have some recipes to share. My favourite is this:
>buy a whole chicken. Usually also buy in bulk when there are offers and just keep the extra in the freezer
>buy a fuckton of curry, paprika, cayen pepper.
>Learn to slice the chicken yourself. It did take me some time at first, but now I slice it, take the skin off and the fat in 10 minutes tops
>invest in an electric grill. I have one like in the pic, which I just keep in my kitchen, no need to have much room either. Plug it in, and you're good to go
>pour the curry, the paprika, the cayen pepper, regular pepper, salt and olive oil on the chicken. I like it spicy, so I go over the top with the cayen and the curry.
>give it a good ol' rub
>place it on the grill and let it there
>as it's grilling, get some lettuce, spinach, orange, nuts and cucumber
>chop em up in a nice salad
>when the chicken is aaaalmost ready, make some rice, it doesn't take more than 10 mins and it's cheap af too
combine them, lunch for days, and it's delicious too.
Also what I love doing sometimes, is get some mango. Then I spice up my chicken to the extreme, and eat bites of the sweet mango between the bites of the chicken. Shit's amazing. I have a few more recipes to share too though, hang on.

Do you really think that eating chicken with rice and broccoli 3 times a day ist healthy, balanced diet?

I'm 4000 calories a day bud. I eat chicken and rice like 4 times a day.
DO yourself a favor and look into macronutrients . Jesus.

STEMfag here, so time is limited, but I cook for lunch. Usually:

>meat
>one potato
>one pepper
>mini!tomatoes
>eggplant
>onions
>put some olive oil, pepper,himalayian salt& estragon
>put it in the oven

And for dinner, usually boilled broccoli and potatoes.

Let me guess, we need salad, and fruits! Oh lots of fruits! They cure cancer! and lots of green vegetables! And carbs are bad! and glutens are bad too!
Fuck that. Supplement with multivitamins and powdered greens and make sure you hit your macros.

>that nu-male
I can't take it seriously.

Fish soup

you'll need:
>1-2 big fish
>2-3 potatoes
>3 carrots
>1 onion
>a lil bit of cellery (optional)
If you like some other veggie that's tasty when being boiled, feel free to add it too, just be careful to add it at the right time. (e.g. if you want to add broccoli, don't add it when you add the potatoes and the carrots because it will get too soft)

How to:
>pour water in a pot, preferably a big one. I usually go 3/4 of the pot filled with water
>let the water boil, then put the fish in
>when they're nice and cooked, remove them, but don't throw away the water (you can tell fish are ready if their spine can be removed easily from the flesh)
>have the veggies ready and peeled, and put them in the water and let them boil too
>when they're ready, get half of the potatoes and the carrots,the cellery and the whole onion and put them in the blender.Put some of the soup water in there too
>throw the containments of the blender back into the pot and mix well with the rest of the water
and that's it. Add the fish in your plate and the veggies you didn't mash too.

the following link contains a bunch of recipes that can be changed individually.
the sheet calculates the stats for each meal and their parts simply by changing "amounts" or adding new lines. every formula can be easiely copied. (keep in mind to extend the =SUM(X:X) when adding a new ingredient to a recipe)

the ingredients are listed on the second sheet, pretty selfexplanatory.
if you want to add an ingredient just add another row to the very right and follow the consutrct. the calc formulas for portion sizes can just be dragged to the right.

enjoy.

feedback would be appreciated

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uyG5KeIeH8LUqmlAkE2P6lUJ5N2Q31evuLr1lOy7Luc/edit?usp=sharing

>Can we have a cooking thread?
Yes
>What are your go to seasonings?
Hot sauce / sweet soja sauce / salt&pepper w/ olive oil
>What are your go to recipes?
During the week i'll make rather standardized meals so that i can cook quickly without having to think about the macros : Rice or mix of rice/lentils w/ source of protein (Chicken breast/ground beef/fish) and a bunch of fresh or frozen veggies. Apart from the protein i steam my food to preserve the nutrients
>Do you meal prep? What do you put in them
Not really, I'm a student and live on campus so I have time to cook every day (but keep it to a minimum with standardized meals, just put everything in the steamer/pan and forget for 10 min)
see my explanations for quick and easy meals with godlike macros (you have to calculate the proportions beforehand but just 1 time)
this guy gets it, mirin simplicity

Long af way to say chicken and rice, senpai.

For BULKING:
you'll need
>chicken breast, or any other meat you can slice up in cubes
>2-3 onions
>a lil bit of olive oil
>condensed coconut cream
>LOTS of curry
>salt and pepper

what you'll do:
>put the oil in the pot and let it get nice and warm
>have your onions chopped up as thinly as possible. I usually just use by blender till they become paste tier
>put onions in the oil and sautee them till they have a golden colour
>put the meat that is in cubes and the curry. Again, I like it spicy, so I use about 30g of curry for one chicken breast, but you can use less.
>stir a lot
>when the meat is kinda ready, pour the coconut cream in till it covers everything
>lower the temperature and let it boil real slow
>stir from time to time, and make sure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pot
>it's ready when the meat is nice and soft
I also make some naan along with this and dip it in.

Buying a slow cooker was the best gains based decision I ever made. Potatoes, carrots, leeks, chicken, turkey, swede, parsnip, etc chop it thick and throw it in before work in evening distribute tasty stews

What's the healthier chicken, left or right?

the differences aren't big enough to actually matter.

but right looks ->>>>>>>>>>>very slightly

>stemfag

What do you mean by this?

Gotcha, thanks. It was a bitch finding greek yogurt that wasn't full of bullshit so I assumed chicken was the same way.

>Super healthy greek yogurt come on guys buy it :^)
>15+ grams of sugar
fuck off with that bullshit

Sounds delicious.
I really need to make curry sometime. How do you do the naan?

>White meat chicken for instance, super healthy, but what do I do with it?

I've found egg white omelettes to be really good, just shred a bunch of precooked chicken breast into a pan with some spinach, mushrooms, spring onion or whatever else you want and then pour in egg white (I usually add 1 full egg for some flavour), when it's pretty much cooked sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top and flip it.

Genuinely tastes really good and feels like you are eating a lot but is actually really low in calories and high in protein.

Studying something STEM-Related at Uni, in my case Physics.

Gotcha. I was thinking it was some sort of diet. Silly me.

also for sth sweet and nice in between.
1,5kg of lowfat curd (godtier stats)
stir up with 200ml of milk until it's nice and creamy.
add canned fruit, I usually use 2 cans of mandarines.
add some brown sugar on top.

almost 200g of protein, ~80grams of sugar, less than 20g fat.

perfect dessert or snack

>no chopped tomatoes
>no chicken stock

D R O P P E D

>Sounds delicious.
it is ever more delicious than it sounds, trust me. And the more you let it boil in low heat, the better. The meat just "melts" in your mouth, it's 10/10

>How do you do the naan?
I followed a recipe i found online. Can't seem to find the same one right now, but I found almost the same here budgetbytes.com/2010/09/naan/
The difference is that I don't use sugar and I just put them in the over instead of pan. I do make sure they are well oiled though.

I've tried it with tomatoes and it was shit desu. Chicken stock sounds good though, I'll try it next time.

Fuck broccoli

bout to pimp my kitchen next friday with these $10 deals from Target

When the skin is on and it's dark meat you don't need anything unless you have jaded pallets from eating overly seasoned shit food.
I win this internet argument.