/FAST/ Fasting General

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

>HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis

WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

Other urls found in this thread:

derangedphysiology.com/main/required-reading/endocrinology-metabolism-and-nutrition/Chapter 3.1.8/physiological-adaptation-prolonged-starvation
theglobeandmail.com/life/health-and-fitness/health/what-you-should-know-before-going-on-a-fast/article8461083/
youtube.com/watch?v=XEEasR7hVhA
youtube.com/watch?v=uDPvDQS19PQ
youtube.com/watch?v=i97OkCXwotE
youtube.com/watch?v=Rthl_O4_G2o
youtube.com/watch?v=_o8Qqfu1pwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Bwi5SJG3K5M
l-nutra.com/prolon/
youtube.com/watch?v=jrIfx5pfKfk
youtube.com/watch?v=68ug8VCgUxQ
blog.bulletproof.com/rapid-fat-loss-protocol/
youtube.com/watch?v=eREuZEdMAVo
youtube.com/watch?v=cYnKiyVNWx8
sci-fit.net/2017/450-weight-loss-studies/
blog.bulletproof.com/coffee/?utm_source=post&utm_medium=blog&utm_campaign=bulletproof-rapid-fat
bulletproof.com/coffee
bulletproof.com/brain-octane-oil-16-oz?utm_source=post&utm_medium=blog&utm_campaign=bulletproof-rapid-fat
youtube.com/watch?v=SEE-oU8_NSU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for avocado and fat fasting breaks autophagy and will leave you with loose skin. Water with salts is objectively superior and is easier as you will have less ghrelin.

2nd for FUCK avacado poster

Day 17 of fast.

Going 40 days

Lost 30 lbs so far.

>qt lost 50 lbs in less than 8 months
>fasted 3 days a week

Pretty good results 2bh family.

Good job, bruh. I've only done 5-day fasts and 6-day fasts, but I really want to try a longer, extended fast.

DAILY REMINDER FUNGS "STUDY" WAS A COMPUTER MODEL OF FASTING NOT A HUMAN STUDY.

>PIC RELATED OF AN ACTUAL STUDY OF FASTING

DAILY REMINDER IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR KETONES ELEVATED WITH FAT FASTING YOU WILL LOSE YOUR MUSCLE TISSUE.
>When hepatic ketone body production is at a high level, total glucose production (entirely from gluconeogenesis) is at a low level

>Then, in the first 24-48 hours there is increased gluconeogenesis from amino acids and glycerol.
>Subsequently, ketogenesis takes over, and much of the body metabolic needs are met by ketone bodies and free fatty acids.
derangedphysiology.com/main/required-reading/endocrinology-metabolism-and-nutrition/Chapter 3.1.8/physiological-adaptation-prolonged-starvation

There's one problem with the rationale behind fasting diets, according to David Lau, an obesity researcher, professor and chair of the diabetes and endocrine research group at the University of Calgary. When glycogen stores in the liver are depleted, the body doesn't burn fat: It breaks down protein. Lau said starvation will only burn fat as fuel after about a week of starvation.

"Muscle protein breakdown occurs in the first 24 hours of starvation," he said. "Muscle protein breakdown [is] not healthy."

His concern is that many people are fasting without realizing they may be losing crucial muscle mass. The danger is that as protein in the body breaks down, it could lead to other unwanted side effects, such as altered immunity. In order to fight infections, the body needs to produce antibodies, a type of protein. But when the body is breaking down protein for fuel, it may not send the right signal to make antibodies, Lau said.
theglobeandmail.com/life/health-and-fitness/health/what-you-should-know-before-going-on-a-fast/article8461083/

>fibre slows the absorption of nutrients, and is therefore an anti-nutrient
>fibre promotes good health by providing nutrients to beneficial gut bacteria

WHAT DO

fuck off bitch nigga get your shitty avocado ass up outta here

>HOURLY REMINDER SLIPKNOT IS A GOOD BAND
youtube.com/watch?v=XEEasR7hVhA

How bad would carbs fuck me on OMAD?
Specifically, I'm seeing my family soon and they're planning on ordering pizza. I don't want them to worry about me having an eating disorder or some shit, so I'm planning on making a few slices my one meal.
This will be my first time in a month having junk food and I'm paranoid about how much damage it's going to do.

Your pleb music and avocados will be cast into the sea of /fat/ you false prophet

youtube.com/watch?v=uDPvDQS19PQ

what is /general/ ?
Basically it's when some bullshit is wrong so they just have to keep reposting it to appear legit

>WHY PROOF IS BULLSHIT
Because it disagrees with my retarded world view

WHY YOU SHOULD BE BUYING MY SHIT:
shill-link-fucko.com/isuckdicks

>any more fake "info"
Nah nobody else agrees lol

>Doesn't some regular logic apply here?
I'll just write this sentence which doesn't answer the question but if I do have something here, at a casual glance it will appear to have answered it so nobody will say anything

"Do not POST, do not post, do not reply, do NOT reply to this, I will just repost it again"

>attempt to tell priest at my own funeral about the pseudo faux benefits of fasting
>realize I am dead because I didn't eat anything because I was basically a food hipster

THAT IS NOT BAD BUT THESE SONGS ARE SUPERIOR
youtube.com/watch?v=i97OkCXwotE
youtube.com/watch?v=Rthl_O4_G2o

Fuck off and die avocado faggot

The demons are your fat and avocados.
OMAD water fasting and keto are the true way.

youtube.com/watch?v=_o8Qqfu1pwQ

>I KIND OF LIKE THAT ONE MELLOW

BUT I AM ON THIS METAL KICK FOR SOME REASON

youtube.com/watch?v=Bwi5SJG3K5M

So if cico is bullshit how do so many people lost weight using just that and/or iifym? Please advise genuinely interested in the answer. Not trying to argue or anything.

Why is it so much easier to not eat at all than to eat a little?

>arch enemy
disgusting

Eating nothing gets your mind off food because you set the expectation for never eating.
If you do OMAD or something, at least in the early stages, all you think about is that one meal all day.
This probably differs between people but that's my experience anyway.

you're literally retarded

>according to David Lau, an obesity researcher, professor and chair of the diabetes and endocrine research group at the University of Calgary. When glycogen stores in the liver are depleted, the body doesn't burn fat: It breaks down protein. Lau said starvation will only burn fat as fuel after about a week of starvation.

Yeah sure because body is totaly retarded and will burn the thing that is hard to get and you need it for survival (protein) instead of thing that is literally just stored energy (fat)

>trusting faggot gook canadian fat peddlers to cure your obesity for you instead of stealing your shekels

hes got avocado for brains user there is no saving the poor fuck

I know. He is always shilling websites that sell products for fucking FASTING something thats free and people are trying to milk people out of their money. Its ridiculous

His sources recommend this lol l-nutra.com/prolon/

avocado dude is a huge faggot but prolon donates all its money to charity

anyway, you dont need to buy it. prolon is basically very low calorie keto with limited protein to induce autophagy.

Daily reminder that avocadofag is still fast and has made zero progress "fat fasting." If anything he got a little fatter.

*Daily reminder that avocadofag is still fat ...

Currently eating at 2100 cal (184C,47F,236P), about a 600cal def.
I did my first 24h fast last Saturday and it worked well ( did IF for a long time). I ate on Friday 8pm and then on Saturday evening I ate Chicken with potatoes and then treated myself to oats with milk and nuts.
I went to bed with 400 cal remaining.
Should I have added those the next day (2500 cal)?
Should I have broken my fast with something lighter? - At the end I was really fucking hungry due to the meal prep. Up until then I was fine.
How do you hobby bodybuilders out there deal with your lost Macros?

This is literally what happens in human studies. Not in Fung's magical computer model study
This is literally what happen to Tim Ferris in his fast

the book Ferriss details his process for his 3 day fast that includes the use of exogenous ketones and C8 MCT Oil. MCT or Medium chain triglycerides are found in high concentrations (62-65%) in

>this is literally what happen to Jimmy Moore after fasting

youtube.com/watch?v=jrIfx5pfKfk

its like Jimmy's body just shredded through all the muscle and converted it to fat

that is an old study with poor data, poor control and done by a guy that literally no one ever heard about excep atkins and people promoting fat fasting

tim ferris is a snake oil salesman

jimmy moore is a fat fuck

Literally don't give a fuck about you pseudo bullshit m8 I'm down 40 pounds and will keep going until I make it and there is not a god damn thing you can do about it.

>jimmy moore is a fat fuck

>literally, fasting and doing keto

>1:00 am
>not sleepy but need to go to bed
>time passes, still can't sleep
>check time
>2:09 am
>immediately post because this is fucking bullshit that happens almost every night of fasting

HOW the fuck am I supposed to get some fucking sleep?

>that is an old study with poor data, poor control and done by a guy that literally no one ever heard about excep atkins and people promoting fat fasting

lmao you can actually listen to jimmy complain about being a hungry fuck

then the host says he lost all his fat "FAT FASTING" and says Atkins was a genius then goes on some stupid rant of bullshit.

@29:50
youtube.com/watch?v=68ug8VCgUxQ

HE WAS FAT FASTING TOPKEK

No one cares about your fat fuck of an example or your avocados just fuck off already.

HOLY SHIT, GOOK FAGGOT IS TELLING THE MOORE FASTING IS GOING TO CURE HIS LARD

HOST SAYS LOST ALL HIS FAT BY FAT FASTING

JIMMY IGNORES ITS

JIMMY GOES ON TO SUPER LONG FAST THINKING LE FUNG IS MIRACLE

ENDS UP HERE STILL LARD ASS

THIS IS TOO FUNNY

can i get a rundown on the current autistic /fast/ drama?

>dave asprey
>saying his client lost 75lbs of fat in 75 days

look at the comments on his page talking about this diet

blog.bulletproof.com/rapid-fat-loss-protocol/

shit doesnt work for anyone lol

Avocado is literally retarded. He can't read a study or interpret science to save his life. Half of people know this, the other half do not.

The end.

PERHAPS BUT FAT FASTING WORKED FOR THE HOST AND ATKINS WAS A GENIUS

@37:34

@20:30

WRONG VIDEO
>@37:34
youtube.com/watch?v=cYnKiyVNWx8

Because it's not bullshit.
sci-fit.net/2017/450-weight-loss-studies/

Nice "study" citing fucking Atkins diet book like 10 times. I bet its not biased at all

>This protocol isn’t low-calorie

THE FUCKING POINT OF FAT FASTING IS LOW CALORIES RAISE KETONE LEVELS

IF YOU DON'T LOWER YOUR CALORIES YOUR LIVER CAN CONVERT THE FAT TO GLYCOGEN

AND ALL THOSE FUCKING SUPPLEMENTS WHAT THE FUCK

HE TOOK ATKINS SHIT AND FUCKED IT ALL UPFAMILIAMIA

you were the one who sent his video you dumb fuck

Reminder that water fasting boosts HGH which preserves muscle mass unlike other types of fast

>Nice "study" citing fucking Atkins diet book like 10 times. I bet its not biased at all

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

LONGO'S DIET IS FAT FASTING WITH PLANTS AND YOU KNOW THEY GOT SIMILAR RESULTS

>his video

WERE HE SAID HE FOLLOWED ATKIN'S FAT FASTING PROTOCOL NOT HIS OWN PROTOCOL

>blog.bulletproof.com/rapid-fat-loss-protocol/

and ofcourse he is selling his branded shit.

Hey goyim buy my Upgraded Bulletproof Coffee™ for just 59$ or you will never lose weight !

blog.bulletproof.com/coffee/?utm_source=post&utm_medium=blog&utm_campaign=bulletproof-rapid-fat

bulletproof.com/coffee

You will also need this. Only 24$ goy !

bulletproof.com/brain-octane-oil-16-oz?utm_source=post&utm_medium=blog&utm_campaign=bulletproof-rapid-fat

What the fuck.
I used to have massive scars all over my tongue from getting burned when I was a kid. Looked really ugly.
I just noticed while brushing my teeth that they're gone.

It seems weird that a fast would fix this, but I can't think of anything else.

3 consecutive days or like MWF?

autophagy bro.
Some of my scars are almost gone and so are my stretch marks

forgot to ask : how long you fasted?

YEAH, HE IS A FUCKING SCAM ARTIST

BUT THE WHOLE POINT TO FAT FASTING IS YOU LOWER YOUR CALORIES TO GET ELEVATED KETONE LEVELS

@24:49
youtube.com/watch?v=SEE-oU8_NSU

Please respond

OMAD, not even keto.
It's why I'm surprised that this actually happened.

It will kick you out of ketosis and you will retain some water if you were doing keto before. Nothing that more fasting wont solve. You could also tell them that you are sick/not hungry but whatever. Enjoy your pizza

What's the best way to do fasting if I DON'T want to gain muscle?

I'm in a situation where I have to lose weight. My BMI is 19.5 so I'm already skinny but I need to get lower numbers on the scale.

Since muscle weights even more than fat, I don't want to gain any muscle. Also, muscle isn't desired for my objetive as well. The ideal would be skinny fat.

I'm already sedentary for that purpose. I just can't use exercise to lose weight faster.

How can I do it?

>The ideal would be skinny fat.
why

Anyway just do water fast. Wont gain muscle on that and do cardio to be sure

Modelling job in a country where muscles aren't seen as attractive.

Thanks for the reply. I'll fast for as long as I can and if I go over 3 days I will take some electrolytes.

35 hours into my dry fast. Is this how immortality feels like?

>mfw
>eating clean and healthy isn't a problem for me so after fast plans are set
>want fat loss plus other benefits of water fasting
>been trying for like 5 months
>longest I've gone water fasting is like 2 1/2 days
>i am so mentally fucking weak and give in
>can't even do a week when goal is 2 weeks

how to stop and fight through the craving?

I just lifted on an empty stomach and it's 2pm. I'm on OMAD.

Should I eat now or can I wait until before bed?

Looooooong walks at a New York City pace.

I distract myself as much as possible. I have a lot of hobbies to keep myself occupied such as reading, piano and videogays

I also have a small plate of pink salt crystals near me which I suckle on to keep me even more distracted.

you need less sleep while fasting.

When was the last time you ate yesterday? Eat at that time again today.

9 pm. K will do.

If I was doing OMAD I would always have my meals after workout. Makes most sense to me

Lost 4lb on my first day of dry fast lads

thats only 1lb of fat at the very most.

you can start trusting your weight loss after like 3-4 days, before that most of the loss will be water weight

I was already fasting for 2 weeks tho

Is fasting done in order to lose soke weight? How about making a fast now and then for muscle gains? Doesn't eating with such a big pause mean the body is missing on energy and protein, making you catabolic?

The anabolic window is 24-48 hrs. If you eat within the window and have plenty of fat to burn you can at the very least do a recomp while fasting for several days.

You will, however, look deflated when not eating obv

yeah. but after your fast is over you will get like 3-5 kg back over the week (which is not fat but water weight)
just saying that loosing a shitton the first week doesnt mean anything it will still only be like 2 kg of fat at most

>anabolic window
>this guy gives you advice on Veeky Forums

It's a well established term in the fasting community. Try doing some googling. I recommend Leangains, Lyle Macdonald and Mark's Daily Apple

I know that Im just saying its week 3

>fasting community
Yeah, try broscience community next time

>lean gains and lyle
kek, when I was new I though those guys were the shit too, not gonna blame you for taking buying their bait

Research shows that natties don't gain new muscle from a workout post 48 hrs.

Thank you Avocado, i save the pic, will be my Profil Pic for the next 3 years

after workout is good, before bed is not optimal. Give your Body the rest time it Needs and dont make it digest while you sleep!

requesting the pic that says what snakeman does to get ripped (he fasts to like 10% but then switches it up)

Avacado is like the cancer cell that keeps shilling in /fast/ threads. We literally have no clue what his stances are, but we know he's autistic. Uses old data, keeps capitalizes everything, dumb pictures ect

Been fasting for over 24 hours. My hands and toes are ice cold. Will this ever stop?

I can’t keep fasting if I can’t use my hands and function like a normal human being. I got shit to do damn.

it will pass. Add some cayenne pepper to your snake juice to make it better

This.

Also, Avocado is still very fat. His before and after pictures from following the plan he shills show that he has lost almost zero fat. He's a confirmed food addict who has to stuff his face every few hours

At what day though? How many hours do I need to be fasted until my body starts warming back up?

you could wear gloves. its what i do sometimes. (also wear 2 pair of socks)

I thought tea was safe.
Read later that only green tea.
I've had black tea with no sugars. Did I break the fast?

What if I don’t want to look like a total freakin autist?

be glad you ae cold because you spend more calories?

Get some hand warmer packets

pic?

I can't believe this is working. OMAD and 15Ibs down in one month? I'm not even doing anything special. I'm still eating whataburger, fries, burritos, Hershey bars, etc., but in maybe a 30 minute time frame. This boggles my mind. Why doesn't everyone do this? It's super easy

>YOU NEED 6 MEALS A DAY OR YOUR METABOLISM SLOWS DOWN