Homegym general!

Homegym general!
I've built a power rack which is working pretty sweet. Deadlifts, bench, squats and pull-ups etc. Need som more weights for the barbells etc..

But what should I add more? Space and cost are obviously an factor, what's your must haves for a gym?

Also post pics of your homegym and gym slogan!

Is that conduit for your safety bars? Not the best dimensional wood rack i've seen but good job on it

>twistlock dbs
my bane. takes fucking forever and a half. wish dbs werent $4000

You should probably add flooring on the right side of the rack.

Something something local man decapitation light weight baby

>around freezing point in my gym now for the next few month.
Well at least I wont sweat.

that looks really nice, but the safety bars look like they would snap in an instant

Not sure what conduit is, it's r15 metal pipes.

Yeah the wood dried quite a lot compare to when being stored in the garage. And desu, I half-assed the measurements.. Surprisingly sturdy though!

i like your wooden ceiling

I love lifting in my garage in the winter. Makes me feel like a fucking viking.

Looks great dude

>tfw you will never be home gym master race because you live in a 2r appartment

1970s house.. It's in every single room...

Homegym mustard rice

> (OP) (You)
>that looks really nice, but the safety bars look like they would snap in an instant

I saw the buff dudes tutorial at jewtube and they use 3/4" pipe as safety. This is r15 which is 21mm that's more than 3/4".. Doesn't flex when loaded with 100kg 225pounds? But I'm keeping an eye on it

>in recent news, a young man was killed when lifting in his homemade exercise machine he built in his parents basement.
>Stayed tuned for the weather report with (insert hot weather chick).

Sweet! Metal racks are more metal for sure, got any more equipment than what's on the Pic?

>metal racks are more metal for sure
amen.

So how much weight do you think that rack can reliably support? I bet the moment you slap 2pl8+ on that it's gonna come crashing down on your dyel neck

BLACK FRIDAY IN ONE WEEK
FREE SHIPPING ON THIS BABY AND A BENCH
DAD IS GETTING ME A B&R BARBELL

HHHNNNNGGGGGHH THE WAIT IS KILLING ME

already got (and deodorized) my horse stall mats from tractor supply, theyre so fuckin dense

> (OP) (You)
>So how much weight do you think that rack can reliably support? I bet the moment you slap 2pl8+ on that it's gonna come crashing down on your dyel neck

Not sure, based on what other load up on similar designs it shouldn't be a problem. I only got 130kg and that works

>tfw poverty gym
been capped at 300lbs for dl and squat. bar is damaged from just 300lbs and i can't afford a new bar or more plates. will probably get stall mats next purchase because these $20 amazon ones are falling apart

Also:

if anyone ITT has or is thinking about a garage gym, but your garage is horribly insulated, do what I'm doing: get an outlet timer like pic related, plug a space heater into it (just make sure the timer can handle the wattage), and set it up in your rack

set the timer to turn on like half an hour or an hour before your scheduled lifting time. BOOM. by the time you start lifting, comfy area and no ice-cold bar.

you'll want a buddy to help you move the stall mats, they are an unbelievable fucking bitch to move.

get a pair of c-clamps, roll the mat up as best you can, and clamp it rolled on either end. then you can use the clamps as carrying handles.

i did not do any of these things. i spent twenty minutes looking like a fucking retard in the parking lot of tractor suppy wrestling my two mats into the back of my tiny shitbox because "surely, they can't be THAT hard to move"

I bought reburbished 1square meter from Eleiko for 50$ each.. Not cheap by any means but they are great, 2" thick and dense as a motherfucker

Are you using that pulley system?

yep. was using it for pulldowns until I could do pullups. I use it for floor rows, face pulls, tricep extension/pushdowns, cable curls and some meme lifts. would love to have one of these stack cable systems in the future. they're like $2500-$4000

yeah dang that's pricy

these mats were $40 each for a 4'x6' section, and about 0.72" thick. I really didnt want too thick of matting because i knew i'd just have them on either side of the rack, and i didnt want to have to bother with bringing up a center platform to be level with them

and you'll deffo want to use Simple Green or ZAM or some kind of degreaser/cleaner and scrub the mats down when you get them home, and hose them off to air out outside. Mine thankfully barely smell at all, but many folks complain that it takes a WHILE for the industrial rubber smell to dissipate and not flood your whole work area.

Repeated cycles of scrubbing (i've got like a broom-handled scrub brush) or mopping followed by airing out is apparently what it takes

Thing is that from what I can find, Stallmats are even more expensive.. So compared to what I could have payed it still somewhat decent.

Yup, if I ever find myself In a situation with a couple of grand to spare I'd probably get something like that!

Do you have dip-bar or something?

have you gone to tractor supply in person, rather than looking online? i recall the online price being absurd

I live in a country where tractor supply does not exist.

So no I haven't visited it in person.

I don't like home gyms

The gym is the only time I interact with other humans

ah, well, yes then they'll be quite expensive :^)

Nigga stand on that shit and jump. There's no fucking with safety - literally the only time when the bars will be loaded are when the probability that you'll fail will be the highest.

I love it because i dont have to deal with others. Its so ugly there, just me and my setup to focus better

I dont have any spaces left. Can i make it without squat stand?

Have tons more equipment
Homemade

What's the outside diameter of the pipe and the wall thickness? Genuinely concerned cause that shit could cave.

>Have tons more equipment
>Homemade
Sweet! Welded it yourself? I don't have access to any metal workshop so I'm shit out of luck there! Whole garage filled with homemade stuff?
> (You)
>What's the outside diameter of the pipe and the wall thickness? Genuinely concerned cause that shit could cave.
> (You)
>What's the outside diameter of the pipe and the wall thickness? Genuinely concerned cause that shit could cave.
21mm 2.65mm thick

Pray that you never need to relay on these plastic safties man

>tfw want a home gym but don't even have a proper home let alone the gym

been wanting to get a home gym but i live in an apartment. tell me about building one in a storage unit

Get gymnastics rings on length adjustable webbing. Tons of exercises you c an do with them.

>21mm 2.65mm thick
That makes me nervous. I'd go back and bore it out to 1" OD with say 3.125mm (10swg) thick walls.

I could sit down and do the math, but that's what my gut says. Even 1" makes me nervous, I'd only really be happy with 1.5"/40mm.

>homemade
>it's not wood
nice
need a weight tree next lad

you da real mvp, I have a homegym setup but I'm using those shitty normie gym pads I got for free, I'm probably gonna replace them and following your instructions after I screen cap this. thanks m8

I'm moving soon into a smaller "shorter" basement, so I won't be able to OHP any longer, should I just start doing them seated? I used to do a set of OHP and a set of seated BTNP, if I end up doing a seated OHP, should I ditch the BTNP?

Pullup bar seems too close to the ceiling

> (You)
mm 2.65mm thick
>That makes me nervous. I'd go back and bore it out to 1" OD with say 3.125mm (10swg) thick walls.
>I could sit down and do the math, but that's what my gut says. Even 1" makes me nervous, I'd only really be happy with 1.5"/40mm.
Long time since I calculated yield strength so I might be wrong I'd appreciate if you did the math. Bigger is obviously better but I'm not sure it's necessary in this case. My math tells me 150kg is no problem on each pipe

> (OP) (You)
>Pullup bar seems too close to the ceiling
Bit close yeah but not really a showstopper. You are welcome to dig out my basement and lower the floor if you want

my 'gym' is a spare room that's quite small and pretty poverty. only last week replaced my standard set of weights by oly stuff and i got the rack with it for free. put double wood on floor with some mats (thin but also free), racks is supposed to be wall mounted, but instead i made cross beams from some wood and a frame on the back. Surprisingly stable now. I flip the bench to wall opposite side and then stand largely inside when didly/rowing.

Just gotta pick up a different bench (already bought, just need to pick it up) and i'm all good.