When someone cleans the weight up to OHP instead of using a rack

>when someone cleans the weight up to OHP instead of using a rack

Other urls found in this thread:

exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/PressStandards.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Im doing this.
And I have no idea how to clean and have garbage form.

But it gives me a lot of pretension for the OHP which just feels right. So Ill keep doing my weird cleans.

t.guy that curls in the rack

Cleaning your OHP should be effortless, you are the retard here OP.

>what is a squat rack

why dont people just OHP and curl in the squat rack instead of wasting energy on your legs to clean them

>t. 135 lb ohp

There are never any fucking power racks available so I pretty much have no choice. You should be grateful

Why don't you go fuck yourself?

>tfw 95lb OHP so cleaning isn't so bad

I'll do this if there's no rack available but like fuck am I leaving one empty just to be a tryhard.

I'll do cleans on legs and/or back day tyvm.

not if you OHP any meaningful weight you OHPlet

you mean not if you push press/cheat like a faggot
there's no way a guy who can strict OHP 80kg can't clean that easily, well maybe if he has no legs whatsoever

Unless you're OHPing like 80 pounds or actively train the clean this is patently false. Most people don't even know how to do the clean effectively enough to put up any novice OHP weight, and even then most people don't train the clean so they're not gonna be able to clean any intermediate weight.

I do 140 for reps and I can't even clean more than ~75-85lbs. It's not a matter of having no legs (squat 355), it's a matter of not training cleans.

I would use a rack if it were available. Its always taken. I use the decline press since no one ever uses it.

lol you think 140lbs is "meaningful weight"

not that guy but i'm at 120lb 1rep for ohp. what do you think is meaningful? I assume around 245?

If I can't clean 140 I can't clean whatever you deem as meaningful weight anyway

Its agreed that 185 for 5 strict reps for a press is considered meaningful. There is no man on this planet who presses that much but cant clean it.

Most people don't even know how to clean...

if you OHP 185 and can't clean that you're fucking pathetic

Even moreso if you can't clean 135 pounds, hahahahaha

I lift for aesthetics, no reason to learn the clean

Thanks for showing you're insecure in your masculinity though. Must really validate you to do an exercise most people don't do

245 is elite. 140 is atleast intermediate no matter how people meme (unless you are a short armed hypermanlet)

just pick the bar up very fast

Then why would you give a shit about "OHPing significant weight" if it's already established you revel in being insignificant?

exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/PressStandards.html

I'm not even the initial person who posted the part about meaningful weight you retard

At least you're consistent with your smallness, buddy

Insecure teenager

>have strong enough shoulders to press 185 once
>too weak to regularly row up 145 for a working set

Even if you can't clean properly the weight is so light that it'd be fine. I doubt any person on this board can strict press more than 2 plate for a single rep and if they could there's a good chance they could shrug/row at least 185 to get the weight in position.

uh? the press was always cleaned, racks are for fags

I actually think suffering from manletism plays a much bigger role in bench than ohp, might be because it's in relation to your height rather than the bench.
t.salty lanklet with a decent ohp but lacking bench

Don't know a single person who cleans for OHP, everybody uses a rack.
Granted, my school has two gyms, and each has ~10 racks, so there is literally never any competition to find a rack.

>not zercherlifting your OHP

I 100% got bigger gains from doing OHP without a rack

>t. 140lb clean

not being able to clean more than 75-85lb is ridiculously weak, not trying to meme on you. I did that when I had gym fuckarounditis at 15 years old.

I own my own power cage - but all the same, suck my balls.