What is the best type of cardio to do for general fitness that will compliment lifting?

What is the best type of cardio to do for general fitness that will compliment lifting?

Rowing is awesome

Going on the ellliptical
>easy on joints
>doesn't promote tight hip flexors and hamstrings like bicycles
>no chemicals unlike swimming

hill sprints

>it's gay

Came here to post this.

Not a valid argument

If possible, swimming it is

This. Swimming doesn't grind down your joints so its compliments lifting by default.

Is running 5-10k Veeky Forums approved or will that fuck my joints up eventually

Hill prints are shit. Intensity is so high that it interferes with the recovery from lifting (unless done in the end of squat session). Hill sprint cardio is also so short lasting that it doesn't promote the same benefits that low intensity longer cardio sessions (heart stroke volume, fat usage as an energy source, general muscle efficiency etc.).

60-90 min slow heart rate run/cycle/row best.

Skipping

Came here to post this

Will get you sick chest/shoulders, cardio gains, and won't fuck your joints.

On a side note, is that pic real? kek

it's fine if you aren't a fatass

I've had a real problem running lately so I have been doing elliptical and if you do the built-in routines (adjusting height/resistance as necessary) it can be a really good workout.

Did a sort of standard "weight loss" routine last night and with slightly adjusted settings. Got my HR up to 168 at the peak but that was at a pretty serious incline. On the lower parts, I upped the resistance slightly. Ended up with a soaked shirt that went down into my shorts.

Beyond that, Rowing and Swimming are fantastic exercises. Watch your form with rowing and add resistance when it feels too easy. Swimming is naturally great because the faster you swim the more resistance you encounter and have to output more to overcome it.

Literally pathetic and bad for you. Promotes weak joints. Weak foot muscles. Disproportionately works leg muscles. Destabilizes hips.

It's a meme. Its a joke.

my gym has some of these curved treadmills. are they meme shit or are they good?

hill walking/sprints

why not just increase the inline on a normal one?

The Jose is shopped but i fear its really her.

i do both rowing and treadmill. but i do intervals so it is more like HIIT than cardio really. i think bike / cross-trainer etc are def less effective than the two i mentioned. swimming and cross-country skiing are also great if possible.

Theyre meme
It doesnt even have the small benefits of real walking because of the moving ground.

Swimming>Rowing>Cycling>Hiking>Ball Games>Walking

oh god i love these pics so much