How strong must I be in order to physically lift myself up?

How strong must I be in order to physically lift myself up?

you mean jump?

No no, as in pulling the bag up so that I am off the ground

that is not possible user

Is that because as I get stronger, I will get heavier, thus requiring me to get even stronger, and that'll cause a never ending loop of strength required? I mean, I can lift my dad up at this point

Aw shit get a load of this jabrony

this is good OP, very well done.

well considering the movement involved in those bag races and the position you must have your arms in, I'd say you should focus entirely on doing dips.
Aim to do around 70 dips x 3.

you are using force to pull yourself up and while doing that you are also pushing yourself into the ground. those two forces add up to zero and nothing happens

how am i pushing myself into the ground
the only force im producing is pulling myself up
it cant be gravity pushing me down because i can pull a chair off the ground

You still need to jump, user.
It's like a power clean.

by trying to push yourself off the ground you are also pushing yourself into it. its like sitting on a chair and trying to lift the chair up while you are sitting on it

>by trying to push yourself off the ground you are also pushing yourself into it
lmao that makes no sense
>by trying to do one thing you are also doing the opposite
like, what?

But surely there’s a point where I can be so strong that I don’t need to jump - just sheer force of will and musculature.

The problem is you never lean out. You'd probably have to be at sub-2% body fat to lift yourself up, assuming you don't lose strength. Don't quote me tho, I'm not an Olympic lifter or anything

because you have nothing to exert force into, cant push off the ground so impossible xddd

>its like sitting on a chair and trying to lift the chair up while you are sitting on it
You literally can stand up while holding the chair

imagine sitting on a chair and gripping the seat and trying to lift the chair up while sitting on it. you are trying to lift it up but at the same time you are pushing yourself into it by doing that.

Yeah you're right but it's like a more extream version of pull ups. Just focus on dips while losing as much weight as possible

you pull up down when you're try to bring yourself up but that won't because down and you up down jump to much

serious question. why cant i just keep jumping and eventually start flying?

But your lats can lift your bodyweight up pretty easily. Your lats aren't pushing off anything.
Logically you should be able to lay on a bench and just row it into the air. As long as you can keep a steady beat you should be able to keep yourself in the air.

The question is, why can't this happen? Has no one tried?

the earths core is a magnet and you have iron in your blood so the earth core magnet is drawing the iron in your blood back down

This fucking thread

What would this exercise be called? Bodyweight Deadlifts?

>just row it into the air. As long as you can keep a steady beat you should be able to keep yourself in the air.
Yeah this would demand quite a lot of strength. Hence why no one has been able to do it. I'd say concentrate a lot on barbell rows and dips, but still, don't count on it. Don't worry about it user and concentrate on other stuff.

Why couldn't Cailer Woolam do it though? Is it because he never tried?

>you are trying to lift it up but at the same time you are pushing yourself into it by doing that.

equal and opposite reaction. what are you supporting our weight with? as you pull with your arms, the weight will push to your point of contact with the ground.

>american education

It's a pull exercise, not a push exercise

wew lad

I still refuse to believe you can't fly in yr air by lifting yourself. What if you jump and then lift yourself? Then you can't possibly be pulling yourself to the ground because there's no contact and you should be able to fly that way

Train lats more. There's a trainer at my gym who managed to nail this last year. Now there's dents in the ceiling tiles in the changing room from when he has pulled on his pants too hard.