Question fit/ does this hexagon work just as good as a regular bar...

Question fit/ does this hexagon work just as good as a regular bar? I just recently started working out and the fucking bar stresses my shoulders too much but with this it feels better. I don't care if it looks retarded. Do I still get the same results as a regular bar?

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/trap-bar-deadlifts/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no

If you never do any conventional deadlifts but always do low handle trap bar deadlifts until you can do 700lbs with it, by the time you try conventional deadlift for the first time, do you think you will only be able to pull 405? Or possibly some weight close to 700lbs?

If you place the weight across where your base of support is, then it's more of a squatting pattern than a dead lifting one (I.e. more knee dominant than hip dominant). The lower body movement is similar to a regular DL if you keep the center of the bar slightly in front of you as you would a DL, but that's very difficult to do consistently.

No, you do not get the same results.

The trap / hex bar "deadlift" is basically a 1/4 squat with a load limited by grip strength.

In other words, it is retarded.

Wtf, is that a manlet standing inside a tricep bar?

I have knee and back issues when I squat even 135 but can trap bar lift 3pl8 no problem
Do you think I can replace squats with trap bars deadlier? I'll still do regular deadlifts

They're like training wheels for bikes, you're supposed to move onto deadlifts with a bar after you feel comfortable with squatting and your form has improved. I used it for a month and then moved onto a bar two days ago. My whole lowerbody and traps are still fucking sore, that hexagon is easy mode mate.

Don't listen to these dipshits OP, trap bar is as good as if not better than regular deadlifts. These people have just had the notion that barbells are the best for everything drilled into them and can't realize sometimes other things are just as good.
strongerbyscience.com/trap-bar-deadlifts/

Elite level athletes frequently use these. Fit hates them, but fit is mostly skinnyfat dyels who are meme'd into lifting for strength.
I work out at the 7th SFG gym (dad is a green beret). I've seen more special forces guys doing trap bar than conventional.

Lastly, if one feels better and is more comfortable, do that one. No reason to hurt your shoulders on a meme lift.

Your wrong, but entertain us with your reasoning.

The same elite level athletes who are now suffering an increased rate of non-contact snapped ligaments?

S&C coaching is a joke on every level, ESPECIALLY the pros, and the trap bar is proof of that.

Not him, but read the article, dipshit

I just finished it and it was very convincing. I've been considering doing only trap bar anyways since it's more comfortable.

I literally linked an entire stronger by science article arguing for the trap bar deadlift. Is reading that fucking hard?

Not that guy, but for developing athletic strength quickly, it is a significantly easier movement technique wise to teach. After a certain point with conventional, you have actually have a technique, and sumo is very technical. I work in S&C for a major d1 college, and we bring in athletes who have horrible conventional form at 225, and don't train it since it hurts their low back. We can generally have them hex bar DL 225 that day, and add 150-200lbs within three or four sessions.
We have 120lb female sprinters with 450+ hex bar DL (straps)
They are crazy helpful for developing leg strength. They do have marked differences in developing low back strength, as there is much less of a hip hinge. I hope this reasoning was entertaining.

They do them because they're easier to do, they're easier to teach, and most people use the high handles so they can use more weight for their ego.

t. some user on Veeky Forums

I asked for YOUR reasoning, dipshit. The study is bullshit. An exercise that uses a smaller load through a smaller range of motion can not be superior in any sense.

nigger what? then who really knows how to strength train athletes? people other than the coaches who have trench experience for decades? That is such a wild and unfounded statement. You are not taking into account a ridiculous amount of factors when it comes to coaching athletes. You're being silly.

>The study is bullshit.
Your [sic] wrong, but entertain us with your reasoning.

This just in: Veeky Forums users more knowledgeable than career S&C coaches

LOL

Read the article retarded faggot. There's multiple reasons given.
>Easier to learn form, much much easier
>Prevents back hyperextension at lockout
>Neutral grip
>More options (low vs high handles)
>doesn't scrape shins

I swear you rippetoe lovers are hilarious.
>IT MUUUST BE A CONVENTIONAL DEADLIFT AND SKQUAT OR ELSE UR CHEATING

I gave it. It is a relatively short sentence. Why don't YOU learn how to read.

nah its retarded and for dyels
anyone who says otherwise is an elite athlete using it because they need to or a retarded dyel whose ego wont let him switch to the real thing

Trap bar deadlifts work the glutes more than a conventional deadlift, which is more intensive on the lower back.

So what you're saying is that weak people with horrible form can do a lot of weight with it, and therefore it is better? Makes sense, you're right it is equivalent if not better than a dead lift, consider me proven WRONG. In the future I shall refrain from barbell use entirely and stick with machines.

i mean that conventional deadlifts work the back more

This just in. An anonymous Veeky Forums user who doesn't know who the fuck he is talking to trusts people who are little more than personal trainers.

This just in, an anonymous retard om Veeky Forums with zero credentials knows better than everyone and has flawless BULLETPROOF reasoning of "Ur a pussy if u dont conventional deadlift because I said SO"

Thank you. These tards don't get it.

Unless you're doing competitive lifting, trap bar is superior. Leave the barbell deadlifts and discussion to the arched back faggots on here who constantly complain about back pain and going to snap city. Trap bar has all the positives with none of the negatives, stick your conventional shit up your ass.

Weird. I don't remember calling anybody a pussy, nor did I say "because I said so". In fact, My simple sentence explained it pretty simply. Maybe you missed it: "An exercise that uses a smaller load through a smaller range of motion can not be superior in any sense."

If that doesn't make sense to you, you should go back and get your GED.

If you use the low handles it is literally the same ROM as regular barbell deadlifts.

I would say around 500lbs deadlift.

No
I doubt you have both KNEE and BACK issues.
Just squat lower and stretch.

What retarded reasoning. If they use the high handles, they use a larger load. If they use the low handles, it's the same range of motion as the conventional deadlift. You're also ignoring the other benefits, such as being easier to learn, having neutral grip, easier on your back, no hyper-extension at lockout.

>They're like training wheels for bikes
No it's not, it's a completely different movement. The trap bar is way more quad dominant like a behind the back or sumo dead, conventional dead is way more hip dominant.

>Smaller ROM

Implying trap bar DL refers to high handle trap bar DL only, excluding low handle trap bar DL

Low handle trap bar deadlift is actually more rom than conventional since the handles are wider.

>>Prevents back hyperextension at lockout
what sort of a retard does that.

Not nearly as quad dominant as a sumo, it's still primarily hinge. Not to mention, you still have the freedom when using the trap bar to make it more hinge-based.
Tons of people. You've never seen someone go past standing straight at the top of a deadlift?

Only about a high percentage of people....

Seriously it feels like 99% of the arguments against the trapbar are vs the high handles. If you tell them about flipping it over and using the low handles and how it's the exact same height as a barbell deadlift they shut the fuck up

shutup faggot

Why not do both?

if you have never done conventional deadlifts before, you won't be able to lift your actual 1RM, since your form won't be ideal.

Hex bar deadlift is a squat from the ground. Could be good for avoiding deadlift injuries to lower back.

No you retard, athletes who have limited time can greatly overload their quads and glutes using it, rather than taking the time to learn a very technical conventional deadlift. Tools have their uses, if you're not a competing powerlifter, and you want to get the most bang for your buck, hex bars are a great idea. Your logic is shitty and I have a feeling you're trolling. Also, they aren't weak people, they're athletes who do actual sports outside of lifting for girls or fatman powerlifting, and I bet 99% of them are stronger than you.

That's like saying push press has no value because a strict press better because it's harder to learn. Retard.

no moment, no rom, no grip, no gains