How to lose fat while maintaining as much muscle as possible?

Ok so I've noticed that every time I make some good sizable gains and want to get shredded I always end up losing some amount of muscle, then I'm no longer satisfied with my progress.
Is there a way to lose the body fat I have without losing a considerable amount of muscle.
>mfw terrified of Cardio at this point so now I just squat really fast to get "cardio" in

NATTY
RIPPED
STRONG

You can only pick 2.

so you loss muscle while losing weight?!

Water fast

only spare muscle for fatty with no muscle to begin with .
slower cut , more protein , don't cut on carbs , don't fall for any kind of fasted cardio to burn fat meme , eat carbs before & after your cardio .

I'm on keto; on a calorie deficit and still get plenty of protein. Cardio is also the absolute best way to lose body fat without lowering your calorie intake. It won't "kill your gains".

Low calorie but high protein diet.

Last time I cut I switched my macros to even more protein than before, just a little bit less carbs, and a very small amount of fats. I lost 3kg in a month, while keeping the same lifts. Try something like that and avoid meme solutions.

Question on the same topic: I still haven't got a solid answer as for how you should lift during a cut. What's better for preserving muscle - volume or intensity?

Restrict calories but eat all the protons
Do HIIT, keep medium-intensity cardio to 10-15 minute warm-ups and cool downs
Lift as much as you can

Intensity triggers the anabolic response more than volume, which should mean that it will motivate preservation of muscle better

natty and ripped. that was easy

so much stupidity in 1 post
>im on keto, on a calorie deficit and still get plenty of protein
you don't say you mongrel, its nowhere near being an exploit, its the basis of keto
>Cardio is also the absolute best way to lose body fat without lowering your calorie intake. It won't "kill your gains"
absolute broscience, cardio burns calories, the bodyfat/muscle loss ratio is mostuly up to nutrition and conservation training

i hope english isn't your first language.

Cool. So if my program consists of doing 3x5 of the main compounds, and than accessory work in the 8-12 rep range, should I keep both, or add intensity to the latter?

What is "Conservation Training"

positive nitrogen balance

It’s impossible to not lose some muscle on a caloric deficit if you’re not on gear, but if you cut slowly like 200-300 calories a day and keep your macros intact it minimizes muscle loss, it’s just a long and arduous process.

Rowing or swimming at least three times a week you disgusting blob

higher intensity on the latter should do the trick, maybe lower the rep amount to make sure you're going high enough on the weights. Low calorie lifting is pretty excruciating, you have to do your absolute best. There's also a thin line between set-complete form weights and those that actually get you going to failure.

Decent supplements like BCAA can help as well, for me it's the difference between full body pump and a shit half-assed session

B R O S I E N C E

Okay, I'll remember that next time I cut. Thanks!

none of the above except maybe for

Just do your cardio pussy
Cardio kills gains is a meme

Cardio increases circulation, which increases the flow of cells from your digestive system to your muscles. More blood cells = more protein synthesis. Cardio doesn't kill your gains. It amplifies them.

>not doing cardio
Enjoy your early death

>Be noob
>strength train at slightly below maintenence caloric intake
>become stronger and lose weight
>get a couple injuries
>do slow-speed and high-reps with lighter weight to improve form and recover
>lose 2-3lbs per week
>gain visible muscle
>mfw I can do pull-ups now
>mfw "muh shred" bodybuilder faggots can't get their shit right
enjoy fucking your body up with 'roids for the stupidest possible reasons

Anyway, my advice is to keep doing your strength stuff, keep eating at your current maintenence, and do more cardio to put yourself in a mild caloric deficit. The goal is to make your body feel like it's in maintenence mode while actually having slightly more calories out than in.

>Cardio doesn't kill your gains. It amplifies them.
it kills your "swole" by removing excess fluid from the muscles, however. But this also prevents DOMS.

There is a guy who goes to my gym who's in his late 40's. He's pretty big and strong and I see him doing cardio all the fucking time. Like, every day and he never gets any smaller.

A lot of the time I'll see him doing cardio for an hour, maybe lifting for 20-30 min and then leaving