"Longer rest periods promote greater increases in muscle strength and hypertrophy"

How long do you rest between sets? According to thisstudy, you should rest not less than 3 minutes. How do I do it guys? What do I do for those 3 minutes?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26605807

Take a sip of water and try not to look ultra autistic

I usually only wait a minute between sets. Working out takes ages and is boring is fuck if you wait 3 minutes between each set bro.

I'm not gonna read all of that
Quick rundown?

I usually wait 1-2 mins, might give this a shot

2 minutes, mostly because if I rest much more my workouts take fuckin ages, those minutes add up pretty easily to become an extra 15 or even 20 on your time spent in the gym

these days I spend a while in the gym every time I go anyway, so that can make quite a lot of difference

Op literally gives a quick rundown

Do less sets of more reps then, problem solved
You DO want to get big, right?

read the abstract that's literally the fucking point of an abstract

I already do a hypertrophy routine breh
I do 3x10 or 3x12 depending on the exercise and day, I find it more effective than 3x5 stuff

Superset antagonist movements and stop wasting your time resting

ie. In between heavy bench sets I rest 1 min, do a set of cable rows, rest another min, then do my next bench set

I wait a whole fortnight in between sets. I operate on another level.

a few seconds on warmups, 3-5 minutes on normal work sets, 10-15 minutes on real hard sets. it's more about hyping myself up than actually needing that much time.

I wait somewhere between 1 and 2 minutes between sets. 3 minutes is just way too long.

But I don't really time it. I'll start a set at the beginning of a song, do another set towards the end of the current song and then a third set about when the next song gets going.

Most songs are 3-4 minutes so it kinda works out.

5minutes

I wait around 5 between heavy sets on squats and deadlift , and I work with about 93% on those . On accessories I just go faster and get it done with but ehh it's okay I guess but it always makes me tired af after the workouts

Superset obviously. If you're doing a single exercise at a time you're just wasting time at the gym.

good thread op, will try this out. majority of my songs are 3 minutes so this should be interesting

The long group worked out longer and had more energy for their lifts, wtf did they think was gonna happen lmao? The short group would’ve got better results than the long group had the workout time for each group been the same. What a stupid study.

>that guy who uses more than one piece of equipment at a time

You do one excercise directly after the other during a super set. I forgot what its called what your doing

Just use dumbbells you moron. Even then people can just work in with you.