Trust me, if you do an honest 20 rep program, at some point Jesus will talk to you. On the last day of the program...

>Trust me, if you do an honest 20 rep program, at some point Jesus will talk to you. On the last day of the program, he asked if he could work in - Mark Rippetoe

Why haven't YOU done a 20 rep squat program yet, Veeky Forums?

>it's only 6 weeks, how bad could it be?

Because I don't give a single shit about legs

I did. The final week was 1x20@70% of your 1RM.

Did that shit too.

because 5/3/1 5x10 BBB is vastly superior

>turning legs and knees out to make quads look bigger
They don't call bodybuilding an illusion for nothing but holy fuck dude, try harder with your b8

t 1pl8 squat

interesting, i don't really like the leg pres machine, i'm using it 8x8
how many sets of 20 rep squats doyou do?

Shut ur cunt mouth

Link to a good program? I always hear people talking about this but I've never actually seen a complete program based around it

I'm sure you can add it to any split program on leg day

Hahaha
Wrong

Can some autist figure out the angle of his legs in each pic and then adjust the side by side pic comparison to the same scale?

one
google it

wrong

are you talking about super squats?
oi lads (so this is kinda unrelated but still to do with squats) what should I do if training legs doesn't interest me anymore? Like squats, deadlifts whatever aren't fun or fulfilling to do. Also my knees and hips are weird and squats never feel 'right' anymore. I've always have pretty reasonable looking legs without even training. I'm turning into a legit curlbro - all I want to do is bench, curl and do other upper body stuff. Honestly just considering maintaining what I've built. Can't be fucked anymore.

>what should I do if training legs doesn't interest me anymore?
Basically you should do whatever the hell you want

But depending on what's available in your gym, you could try some other exercises e.g. high pulls or Olympic lifts, plyometrics and bodyweight stuff (pistol squats basically), farmer's walks, or just pump out a few sets in the leg extension and hamstring curl machines once a week and leave it at that

Cheers brah

>or just pump out a few sets in the leg extension and hamstring curl machines once a week and leave it at that
Got a homegym but otherwise this is pretty much what I was considering. I was thinking maybe just keep leg stuff to things like cleans, nordic curls, goblet squats etc. Plyometrics is a good idea - thanks. I've been getting into lots of sprinting recently, I'll give that a shot too.

No

depends on your goals.

if you are at a point where you dont care what others say, then don't hit legs.

if you are at a point where you still care what others might say or think, then hit legs for that principle.

but really, you should hit legs for the main reason being muscular balance throughout your body. this goes for symmetry and/or relative strength. you kind of remind me of newbies right now, how they say their legs are already strong/big, and so they don't train them. you end up robbing yourself in the long run.

>but really, you should hit legs for the main reason being muscular balance throughout your body. this goes for symmetry and/or relative strength. you kind of remind me of newbies right now, how they say their legs are already strong/big, and so they don't train them. you end up robbing yourself in the long run.

Yeah I am fairly new (1 year or so). I know that people say they have naturally big legs that so often that it doesn't really mean anything. I honestly do have pretty big legs without training though - for reference my legs looked like the before photo in OP's image before I even squatted with a barbell (much smaller adductors though). I'll keep training them - I'm just going to switch up the exercises since ordinary squats are getting stale.

i believe shape and definition is just as if not more important than size. excluding strength here.

my legs are somewhat cut. you can see striations and veins everywhere. people always comment on my calves when i wear shorts and i barely hit them with weights. they got big from bicycling and boxing. my legs are clearly proportioned to the rest of my body in size as well as definition/shape. but truth is what became more important was taking this and applying it to sports i do. if all i did was lift i'd probably have bigger legs but not have the ability outside of lifting i have right now. so my mentality becomes about looks more than movement pertaining to other sports.

where you are at with things i'd say keep hitting your whole body. you have barely tapped into what your development looks and feels like. ask yourself this, do you really lose anything if you hit legs hard for the next year?

I personally really prefer low reps and explosiveness for legs, however the 20 rep scheme seems very good for someone who wants to switch it up

wat if they took your principle but did 20 rep sets with less weight? is this worse than those two?

i'm not sure if i understood you correctly, could you give me more context?

did you mean you push hard when you lift?
if so i meant what if you did like 2 or 3 sets of 20 reps going slow then pushing off hard? i said with lighter weight cause it would be much harder to do this with heavier weight.

that could work, however i'm a firm believer in mixing your training scheme frequently because the body is very quick to accomodate (your body learns quickly), so it wouldn't be smart to do 20 rep squats forever

what about half reps or partial reps? or are you an atg full rep person?

w-will it make my butt bigger too?