>benched 225 in his prime
>destroys Post-Modernism with his intellect
>cleans rooms and saves fathers from bellies of whales

He truly is /ourguy/

Other urls found in this thread:

macleans.ca/opinion/is-jordan-peterson-the-stupid-mans-smart-person/amp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

love this dude

sorry bro. i read pynchon and now i'm a beta leftist tranny sjw.

>destroys Post-Modernism with his intellect
i like him but he doesn't

who else are some quasi-intellectual speakers that appeal to people who think they're really smart but aren't?

>Only 225
Lol wtf I’m a tranny now

A BOY'S BEST FRIEND IS HIS MOTHER, CLEARLY! OF COURSE YOU'RE MISERABLE; IT IS OUR ZEITGEIST. BUT, YOU KNOW, EVERYTHING'S NOT SO BAD, ALL THINGS CONSIDERED. IN GULAG, MAN, THOSE WERE SOME PRETTY ROUGH LIVES! AND RIGHTLY SO. IT'S A DAMN MIRACLE YOU'RE ALL IN THIS ROOM. AND THE LIGHTS ARE ON. JESUS CHRIST, HOW LUCKY CAN YOU BE? THE STATE OF UNIVERSITIES TODAY IS BEYOND BELIEF! BUT DESPITE THE FACT THAT LIFE IS SUFFERING, LIFE IS HORRIBLE, YES, YOUR LIFE SUCKS, THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN'T SUPPORT ME ON PATREON

HELL, YOU MIGHT BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT YOUR MONEY - WHO KNOWS?

10/10 post my dude

What's wrong with supporting someone who is doing good work?

yeah he is really intellectual giant taking down low hanging fruit like post modernism and SJWs

>being such a turbo brainlet you missed the entire point of the post

red pill weirdos, pickup artists and atheists, race science, and Nazis and entrepreneurs and health cranks are all grouped together

No way this guy benched 225

I dunno user post the ones you watch to get us going

macleans.ca/opinion/is-jordan-peterson-the-stupid-mans-smart-person/amp/

>giving your neetbux to a grifter
>alt-right tai lopez

lmao
lmaooooooo

He's mentioned before about one of the things he used to do to take his mind of his obsession with evil and totalitarianism was weight lifting.

Mate, that "article" literally said nothing of value. It was just snarky, pseudo-intellectual shitposting, written either by a tumblrina landwhale, or a bearded, bespectacled skinny-fat baldy.

He's a good entry-level Psychologist. A lot of what he talks about is based on Jung, but he encourages people to go out and do further reading themselves...he gets a pass imo

Not even memeing, 225 isn't all that impressive for 1 rep.

>people are upset someone makes more money than them by helping people
not gonna make it

Shit, scratch that, the author is a White, middle class, skinny middle aged cat lady.

white is good. you sound like a nigger

you forgot to say "bloody" but 9/10 otherwise

>alt-right
sort yourself bucko, your lack of observational skills puts you on the bottom of the social hierarchy

Ayn Rand, Sam Harris, Joe Rogan, Penn & Teller.

>he's MENTIONED before

oh well that proves he did it

he seems to put a lot of emphasis on telling the truth. its not like hes a total soyboy now, i could believe it

think for a moment about why you know of him. is it because of his work? no. it's because he vaguely resisted Bill C-16 like 15 years later. Nobody gave a fuck about Maps of Meaning before that.

You're also a dumbass if you think post modernism exists because of the Left. All that Po-Mo SJW bullshit is permitted by the elite precisely because it isn't transgressive and doesn't actually challenge systems of power. he's arguing against nothing.

>quasi-intellectual
You haven't watched his videos. You might disagree with him, but there is nothing almost-intellectual about Peterson.
I don't know why you resent him

hahah

>he seems to put a lot of emphasis on telling the truth

for the life of me I don't know what it is about this guy that engenders this level of uncritical obedience. so he made a couple decent points about self-reliance. just take that and move on. don't follow him like he's a sage. he's just another asshole.

why the fuck would he lie
You think lifting is some kind of special achievement? It's just exercise, fuck

>i havent watched any of his content but i like to be contrarian- the post

>he's just another asshole.
Why?
You're just on the other end of the spectrum, Irrationally disregarding him instead of blindly worshiping him. Why?
Peterson isn't malignant

lol you know I'm right. everyone on this dumbass board hates SJWs and post modernism because they're the cultural face of liberalism. but that's all they are. neither has any serious power.

I think he's on point studying the psychology behind violence and ideology

but he knows nothing really about philosophy so I dont get why people see him as a spokesperson against "post-modernism" or "cultural marxism" or all these alt right boogeymen terms

I was using that generally, not like he's a particularly bad person. I'm saying intellectual figures should not be held up that highly. They need to be treated extremely critically, even more critically than you treat the average person.

the fact that this guy's posted on here all the time like he's "our guy" is stupid.

Not in the context of being a middle aged man hating harpy thinking that being snarky and dismissive means she's intelligent and attractive.

Seriously, have you been under a rock for the last sixty years or so?

>a person that preaches discipline and mental congruity
>also lies about lifting mediocre weights for the luls
To be honest, I don't care if has lifted 225 or not. Just doesn't seem to be something worth lying about

Can we please stop labelling anyone we disagree with us a pseudo intellectual? The man is clearly extremely learned.

>think for a moment about why you know of him. is it because of his work? no. it's because he vaguely resisted Bill C-16 like 15 years later. Nobody gave a fuck about Maps of Meaning before that.
The fact that some of his "work" made him popular is somehow proof that the rest of it isn't worthwhile, despite the fact that when he did become "famous", people started listening to his old work, and his new.

There is a lot of anger in your post, seems to me. Maybe you should think on why you have such a aggressive dispostition towards him, because I want to bet that you haven't watched a lot of his content.

Peterson doesn't deserve your ire

No user, the only quasi-intellectual is you, since you resort to name-calling over reasoning.

So the problem you have with Peterson isn't Peterson at all, but his fanbase

>The man is clearly extremely learned

You mean he's learned alot. Your obviously not an intellectual lol

>Ayn Rand
>pseudo intellectual
whew lad, I bet you watch Rick and Morty too

Are you attempting to put us on the ruse cruise?

Bait

>All these people are only well learned, they arent REAL intellectuals like me.
>I would be smarter than all of them if I only applied myself

His a neoconservative who believes Hitler is "literally Hitler!"

What?

taking someone at face value when they mention what they used to lift many years ago isn't uncritical obedience.

Why would he lie about this
Why would he care enough

Exactly.

Oh, shit, I read your post wrong

It sounds like uncritical disobedience to even suggest that we're somehow cultlike just for believing a man about lifting things and putting them back down.

>Not understanding the post
Go away brainlet, watch Rick and Morty 3x5 and only come back IF you understand the subtleties in the show. I might be asking to much of you, but only once you have achieved this can you understand the complexity of user's post

Weak

Ayn Rand's works are not taken seriously in social or political theory, let alone philosophy. She can be considered a novelist at best, pseudo-intellectual in that she tried to explore social and moral philosophy through works of fiction in universes she herself created.

>225 being an impressive bench

maybe if he's 5'3 lol

>pseudo-intellectual in that she tried to explore social and moral philosophy through works of fiction in universes she herself created.
So, like Dostoyevsky?
You're going to call him pseudo-intellectual now, as well?
I mean, he obviously did it much better, but the act itself doesn't make her pseudo

Because honesty is a key facet of his rhetoric. Why would he make up a lie that could easily pull out the linchpin of his entire shtick. Because he wants people to think he did big boy lifts? you should watch some Peterson yourself. He has a lot of content regarding critical thinking and rational decision making from your comment I can tell that you're lacking substantially in those areas.

No, because he's actually a good writer and used his novels appropriately to explore not push ideas

>her works aren't taken seriously
>this makes her a pseudointellectual

I agree she appeals to the tfw to intelligent crowd like the other people you list. But justifying your claim that she's a pseudointellectual by saying "well a lot of people in the soft sciences don't take her seriously" is dumb.

The original list wasn't mine

I'm saying her works aren't considered academic nor philosophical by thinkers in those fields. AND that she's a pseudo-intellectual, not because of the previous statement.

Ayn Rand, the retarded Jew

Who plays with her poo

>intellectual figures should not be held up so highly
You realise this is a point Jordan Peterson himself has made? I mean I understand what you're getting at, but what you're basically saying is:
>This man wants you to think for yourself! Don't listen to a word he says!

Hes Canadian and talks like a faggot and has a bro tier understanding of philosophy (jungian archtypes). Its cringey as fuck how hard he gets jocked by 25 year old redpillers.

>not taken seriously by thinkers in that field

And? Is it supposed to sway anyone that people in the soft sciences don't take her seriously? Soft sciences are hardly respectable and are hardly sciences.

Its not bad for a casual lifter. At a guess that's more than 80% of men could bench from a random sample of the public.

Women are so shit at making a point, they can't even touch Peterson without completely dishonestly representing him. I bet you wouldn't have to correct her on but three facts before she lost her temper and started screaming at you in a debate.

More like 97% or so

i know you've watched at the most 10 minutes of peterson talking and then made a snap judgement so you could shitpost in ths thread

HIGH TIER

Oh, another big brother simulator.

>I'm supposed to know about some Canadian professor before he went viral

Ya. People really overestimate the average man.

>philosophy is a science
Anglo get out

goddamit I look like that. Am I gonna make it?

Proper philosophy is more like math than science. In game theory you use both math and science to get to a solution for example.

>mfw another brainlet falls for the analytical philosophy meme

I'm getting pretty sick of sort man myself at this point but this shit is painful to read. Just absolutely generic snotty putdowns

Not surprising. My father had about the same build, he did like 250 or so in high school while he played football. Quit lifting, now has an average dad bod going with like average everyday dude strength. People shrink up when they quit lifting bro.

So psuedo-intellectual=pushes what he knows is right
True intellectual=admits that he doesn't know everything and instead tries to analyze and explore the concept

>am I gonna make it
You're gonna make it hard.

I'd say you're definitely gonna make it lad, assuming "make" is code for "get my tight asshole split open by" and "it" is code for "big gay cocks"

>captcha: chinese signs