I read recently that you're not suppose to wash your hair daily, or even wash your whole body daily for that matter...

I read recently that you're not suppose to wash your hair daily, or even wash your whole body daily for that matter. Supposedly washing your hair with shampoo daily drys out your hair and kills all the natural oils in it, and showering daily kills bacteria on your skin that prevents skin cancer.

How is this suppose to work if you're athletic and sweat a lot every day?

you do know what conditioner is right?

>How is this suppose to work if you're athletic and sweat a lot every day?

Do not use cosmetics, wash your body with non-glycerine bar soap daily. Wash hair every second or third day. If you need more just rinse your body with hot and then with cold water. Don't use alcohol-based antiperspirant

I do. And replacing your hair's natural oils with the artificial chemical based ones in conditioners is supposedly bad for your hair as well.

massage baby powder into your head to get rid of grease

Use dry shampoo and deodorant.

This seems like a pretty legit answer. Thanks for the info, user.

>cosmetics
I mean body wash or other shower cosmetics, just the least invasive shampoo and non-glycerine bar soap. If you have dry scalp just use hair oils as a conditioner

You're welcome

You can still shower each day you sperg, just don't use shampoo every day. sweat is easily washed out with just water.

Shower with water. Most of daily life will wash off with just that. Use soap for smelly parts if required.

I literally shower and also shampoo/wash my hair 2 times a day for years.

How fucked am I?

Full blown AIDS is around the corner

maybe i should wash myself without shampoo

but i feel its part of the shower and being clean

If I skip a day of showering with shampoo in the morning, by midday easily my hair feels disgusting. Maybe there are a bunch of dryboys here but I CAN'T FUCKING STAND greasy hair. On me or other people. It is the most disgusting thing. Protip your hair is probably greasy you non-showering fuck.

I only wash butt/benis/armpit areas with gentle girly shampoo

Wash my hair once every other day, just run water through it the days I don't use shampoo and conditioner

Moisturizer afterwards

Don't shower at all and NEET it up if I don't need to be anywhere, even if I get gross

Just shower with water only for the hair. It's fucking phenomenal - trust me. You're probably fine with showering daily for your skin though, just make sure to eat a lot of foods high in antioxidants and shit and you'll be fine.

I tried showering water only and after a week strands of my 4-5 inch curly hair started to frequently fall out even by just brushing my hand over it. Started using conditioner again and it's better.

washing your body and hair every day is fine.

now conditioning, slathering your hair in product and shampooing it every day not so much. the body is fine to scrub every day, get those dead cells and attempting to colonizie bacteria off.

supposed

Baby powder or dry shampoo will fix that

I live in Madison, Wisconsin and the water is so fucking chlorinated that I can go a week without washing my hair and it still won't even be remotely greasy. Shit fucks with your skin and hair's natural moisture content in a bad way.

after doing nopoo for a while your hair adjusts and doesnt get greasy as easily

Kek. You're me, except I don't use moisturiser.

I put coconut oil in my hair like 20 mins before I get in the shower as conditioner.

You sound like my sister, she creates a lot of excess oil and looks disgusting in the same timeframe as you while I can make it til evening of day 3 without a rinse before mine looks gross. Over shampooing can make your scalp create excess oil but the only real way to fix it is to be gross for a while.

How do you guys use hair product and not shampoo daily?
Even if I don't use product my hair gets super greasy very quick even if I use a anti grease nature cosmetics shampoo

Kek I do the coconut oil thing too

Tbh I just rinse off when I shower, haven't used soap or deodorant in almost 2 years. Put Coconut Oil on my pits, asshole and in my hair sometimes

>hair product
>Guy
Pick one and only one

I never use any form of conditioner, mosturizer or shampoo, I just wash my hair thoroughly. Am i FUCKED?

Good skin and hair 101:

Shower 2-4 times a week depending on lifestyle, use natural bar soap (Grandpa's for example) as face/body wash. Exfoliate face/body once a week. Wash hair once a week using a natural soap that suits your scalp type. For conditioner you can use ACV, some kind of oil, some kind of natural conditioner, or just water - again dependent on scalp type.

Shave after a shower with a sharp razor and rich cream. Use a brush to apply. Rinse with cold water when done and apply a face moisturizer.

I work in a business environment and have a regular combover
What do you have? Buzz cut because you're balding?

Anyone here use an eye cream for dark circles?

You must not pull top tier pussy. Hair product is an extra edge that many guys have not been using. Get a haircut like this faggot and start using product

It's a pretty recent habit in human history. If you actually smell after 1-2 days without showering, it's 100% your diet.

The main Veeky Forums reason you shouldn't shower so much is because chloride inhibits testicles test production when in contact with your ballsack. Of course that's assuming you wash yourself with baking soda (extremely efficient antibacterial) and not some commercial bodywash with many xenoestrogens.

I wash myself with a bowl of filtered water (no chloride) and baking soda, and take 1 shower weekly with swim shorts.

Holy shit I immediately straightened by posture after looking at your pic

all the xenoestrogen in the world couldn't make you more of a faggot than you already are

LMAO

OP, I train submission wrestling 6 days a week in addition to lifting.
It's not washing or showering that is a problem, it's the soap.
I shower usually twice a day, but I only use soap on my body maybe once or twice a week. I never smell bad and my hair is never greasy. I've never gotten skin viruses or ring worm and shit despite rubbing men everyday and not using soap.

That's because you use shampoo every day so your head is always pumping out grease working in overdrive to try and makeup for the oil you're killing with shampoo every day.

I can go a week before my hair starts looking greasy without shampoo

i haven't used shampoo in about a month and my hair is doing just fine

You've gone too far. Your scalp produces excess oil to make up for all the oil you wash away.

wean off the shampoo from twice a day to maybe every other day then gradually to every other week.

You probably just don't notice that you smell like ass all the time.

I shower once per day except on gym days when I shower twice. I only soap my groin and ass crack and shampoo my hair once every week or two. I just rinse everywhere else. Smell fine.

I have this theory that BO from your armpits is a side-effect of using soap on them. Not sure why. Must have to do with the soap washing away some good bacteria or natural oils that prevent the smell, or something.

Anyway, if you just stop soaping your armpits you're going to have bad BO from all the soap you've been using up to now. The trick to avoid this is to stop using soap there and then after your shower lightly dust your armpits with baking soda. Do this for a week or so and then you should be good to go. The baking soda will neutralize the odor while your skin recovers from the soap abuse you've been giving it. After that you can stop applying the backing soda and you should smell fine with just a good rinse.

I stopped using shampoo all together, only water. My hair looks better and is easier to handle, as product I use styling powder. It eliminates the greasy look. It really is a perfect combo

would rather have dry hair than be my greasy wop self desu

I used to wash my hair with shampoo everyday like a low tier pleb. Then I stopped using shampoo for a whole month. Now I wash it everyday with water and maybe once per week with shampoo. Never looked better.

My hair is curly so if any kind of shampoo goes anywhere near it it just turns into a huge afro and takes a few days before it looks normal again.

I haven't used shampoo in nearly 2 years and my hair looks great and never smells.

Back when I was using biotin as well as not washing my hair it looked even better, but the biotin gave me acne so I stopped using it

I conditioned myself to wash my hair with shampoo every third day when I was living in China last year. started doing it every fifth day when I was in Thailand afterwards. it's hard at the beginning but you get used to it. After Thailand I was able to do it after 7 days and my hair didn't even produce as much oil as it did before, it was pretty nice. Now, I am back to about 3-5 days. I only use soap for washing my pits and crotch area every day

>non-glycerine bar soap
Why?

It's a meme, you dip

I shower 6 times a week, I skip on Saturdays because I don't go out. It's nice to feel all smelly and to be wearing the clothes from yesterday

As long as you shower every day it's fine. Never met someone with good hair who shampoos every single day.