Why do people feel the need to push the “functional meme”?

Why do people feel the need to push the “functional meme”?

>pic fucking related

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BbC4uIYFxUJ/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what's the point of "strength" if you can't use it?

Same reason they use bumper plates. To hide their strength level. If you can only squat 1pl8, meme squats will make you look better.

A friend of mine did mobility training and posted it on instagram. The caption was "flexibility makes buildings stronger"

If you can't occasionally do fun shit, why bother?

because they're too insecure to admit they're insecure and admitting for aesthetic purposes

In my estimation, it's one of the oddest versions of "plummage" that people (mostly men) display. SOMEWHAT akin to girls going to do a "serious workout" but wearing some skimpy "look at me, look at me!!" attire. That is:

1.) Person develops or is born with high rates of mobility
2.) Person discovers not many people have this mobility
3.) Person begins pogo-sticking around the gym doing the "look at me, look at me!!" workout.

Please note, powerlifter-types also do this type of nonsense when they get significantly strong, so it must be human nature, I suppose.

Nothing wrong with bumper plates if they're color coded

instagram.com/p/BbC4uIYFxUJ/

The cringe, it’s true this is like thots in the gym. “Look at me, look at me”

>no bad movements
>whatever the hell is going on in that pic

>weighted lateral ligament snappers

Because not everybody is some try-hard teenager or twenty-something who unironically believes that looking like a bodybuilder is going to magically solve all their social problems and get them a girlfriend and other stupid shit like that. Some people are actually wanting to be fit and healthy and strong for it's own sake, or to be better at a particular sport.

DELETE THIS
This makes my knees incredibly uncomfortable.

>the old liggy snippy

You can see they have coloured plates in the background in the first picture. So what's he using? 10kg?

Serious lifters don't do it because a lot of "functional" movements are terrible on your joints and ligaments. So repetition destroys your body quick fast and in a hurry.

My meniscus hurts just looking at that.

What is the point of risking serious damage for an increase in mobility? Unless he is a professional athlete, what is the point of this?

Instagram views and selling your secret “technique”

This never fails to piss me off.

Cheap thick shitty bumper plates cost half the price of thin competition colored plates; they're economy plates. Ignoring very heavy oly/pl lifts, they do exactly the same thing, and are more friendly to the floor than similarly priced iron plates.

They aren't manufactured so instagrammers can fool you.

Why do people hate on bumper plates? Theyre great for dropping deads or slamming down the bar after a clean and press. Any jackass who actually lifts can look at them and know how much they weigh even if they are thicker. I really wanna get some for my home gym because they are functional, not to instagram whore because im not a female.

People that do crossfit shit like this are mistakes that deserve their burnt out meniscus and destroyed lumbar.

>copy that guy gets into fad fitness

>says the guy with no functional strength who gets winded at the thought of cardio

>injection of morality onto movements

Nobody can be this stupid physics dont have morals. Nobody says this.

because they don't have the dedication to grind the same lifts week after week to achieve something great

>mfw
Looks 10kg to me. My gym (cheapest around + a chain) uses similar bumper plates and those look like the 10kg ones, maybe 15kg.

#MONSTER #MUSCLELEAGUE #{[[[[[====]]]]]} #athlete #gym #igdaily #themarines #gym #inspiration #live_love_lift #inspirational #trainhard #monstertrain #trainmonster #monstergym #gymmonster #eatcleantraindirty #idoitfortheratchets #IDOITFORTHERATCHETS #GYM #INEEDATTENTION #isanybodylistening #hello #imlonely #justendme

>snap city express

>Some people are actually wanting to be fit and healthy and strong for it's own sake, or to be better at a particular sport.
also follow my instagram pls

wtf is he doing?

>Because not everybody is some try-hard teenager or twenty-something who unironically believes that looking like a bodybuilder is going to magically solve all their social problems and get them a girlfriend and other stupid shit like that.

KEK

why the fuck would you take the unnecessary risk of balancing on dumbells? it'll be nobody's fault but your own when you lose your balance, fall, and have your sternum caved in, when one or both of those plates come crashing down on your chest

#plsrespond #someone

hahahaha