I got fed up with all my lifts stalling at embarrassing weights after a year of training and only weighing 161 pounds...

I got fed up with all my lifts stalling at embarrassing weights after a year of training and only weighing 161 pounds at 6'2", so this past week or so I decided to just go Alan Thrall style and eat a lot of food. I don't do anything stupid, I just eat a lot of quality food in three or four meals a day. I've also tracked my calories loosely after eating (so I wouldn't subconsciously try to manipulate the calories/macros) and I've been consuming somewhere between 3400-4000 on a given day. I weighed myself this morning and I was 163.8 after eating this way for about a week. Am I just going to get fat in the long run if I keep doing this? My strength has shot up and I actually feel way healthier than when I tried the whole lean bulk thing, but I don't know if I can maintain this rate for very long without turning into a fatass.

Why are you taking advice from someone who can't bench 3 pl8?

Alan Thrall? Dude can lift some serious fucking weight.

>Alan Thrall
>Quality food
The dude eats bacon and eggs every day and recommends chicken thighs over breast
I love bacon and eggs and thighs over breast is a good idea to up the calories, but I don't kid myself that it's healthy
Post body with timestamp and/or lifting video, let's see your bench PR

If you gain 2 pounds per week you're gonna get fat after a while.

I don't do anything stupid like that; a typical breakfast for me these days is six eggs, a cup of oatmeal with strawberries or cinnamon, and one or two servings of fruit. I was just talking about how he eats a lot of calories and doesn't worry about weight gain.

Do you think it'll taper off? I figure maybe some of the weight was just from increased stomach content, water retention, and/or glycogen.

whats wrong with eggs?

6 whole eggs are too much brah, eat 3 whole and 3 whites

4k calories will blow you up for a long time prepare for fat

Don't a lot of bodybuilders and powerlifters eat 4K a day? Wouldn't it just balance out once I get to a certain weight?

In general, if you're under 30 and your form is good, and you're following your program consistently then you should be eating as much as you can shove down your throat and then some.

Yes, you're going to gain some fat, and it's going to fuck with your head because you're mentally retarded and you think you need abs. But if you're not a pussy you can easily lose that fat later once you actually have some muscle.

I say in general, because in my experience some dudes do just get flabby and their lifts don't go up. I dunno what it is. Low test or something... I guess if you had a single mom who raised you vegetarian then you're fucked for life? I dunno what the solution is in that case... get on HRT or something.

>Low weight, unknown age.
Guess you're young, so don't worry about becoming fat while bulking like a madman.

Sometimes it's needed to get into the proper anabolic state. (Sometimes doing a ketogenic diet for a month or two can help become more anabolic as you switch back after that.)

Go for it for a couple of months or until you can't fit into your trousers. Then start cutting.
With experience you will learn what composition of macros and surplus kcal is the best for you. (Presuming you keep some sort of diary and write up your progress.)

>6 whole eggs are too much brah, eat 3 whole and 3 whites
Eating only egg-whites is a huge waste of protein and important micro nutrients. Use protein powder if you're scared of yolk.

The yolk contain slightly more than half the protein, but what's more important - the amino acid profiles complements each other. So if you only eat the white, the protein is only 70% worth compared to close to perfect if you eat them together. So only eating whites = Discarding 2/3 of the protein.

Sat fat and cholesterol.

Nothing in moderation. This cunt advocates dozens per week.

My testosterone has been through the roof lately. I've been waking up with all kinds of morning wood and I haven't been before, and I attribute it to eggs. Free testosterone needs cholesterol to bind to.

I'm 19. I started at ~185, but spent too long trying to lose fat and trying to build muscle with a small calorie surplus.

You can eat a dozen of egg per day or more, np. (Watch total kcal intake though.)

The old dietary scare of cholesterol has been retracted since pretty much all of the life essential cholesterol in our bodies is produced by the liver and not eaten.

Proponents of vegetable fats still try and keep the scare on monosaturated fats from non-vegetable (canola/soy/palm etc), but pretty much all recent research fails to show any harm from the saturated fat from animals. (Again, total amounts of kcal and fat may be a problem.)

Keep tabs on it. Cut occasionally. You're fine.

Well that settles is, guess all those studies ran by doctors are hereby debunked.