Went to gym for first time today and got a membership...

Went to gym for first time today and got a membership. Been meaning to go for long time now but just had anxiety and a mental block. Was Really not bad Veeky Forums.

I lost 80 pounds over 3 months due to serious drug and alcohol abuse around 6 months ago, but have been sober from the drugs since.
Gained 8lbs since then so now sitting at 188.
I have a 9/10 girl n dont wanna lose her to being a fat fuck faggot.

I did pretty hard workout for 30 mins today, is that long enough? Lifted till i physically couldnt any more n did mild cardio, heart rate hit 185 n i ended up stopping n leaving.

According to sticky if im 190 lbs n TDEE IS 2700 I should be eating 280g of protein a day? That seems insane.

Help me pls fit this shit is like foreign language to me

Machines were super intimidating and offered little instruction.
Felt like a creep watching people n trying to copy them.
>at one point tried to use row machine backwards
>mfw

>9/10 gf
Post her or gtfo

>280g of protein a day

That's way too much nigga. Anything over 150g is useless and only contributes to braps imo

Sticky says 1.5x lb of body weight for cutting.
I tjought that was high too

Wait so if I start brapping does that mean I'm getting too many protons?

You're starting just now, your protein requirements are not going to be that high. I would also think twice if you want to straight cut or rather do body recomp. Depends a lot on your body type and how well you carry the extra fat.

Depends a lot on the other thing you eating. Do you get enough fiber in your diet?

I eat a bowl of oatmeal with about a cup of fruit in it, sometimes rice with dinner, wheat toast, usually a small bowl of cereal before the oatmeal. I probably need to get more veggies in my diet.

Not so well

For a month go round to all the machines and do 5 sets of 10 reps with 30-45 seconds rest in between.
After that start SS

You should my man, i wasn't much into veggies either, but i grew to absolutely love spinach and tuna salad. Fried cauliflower or pattypan ain't half bad either.

Could be much worse, still, the cut is a good idea. Your body will look better as you lift and your upper body gets more pronounced. I think you could start lean bulk in like 2-3 months.

Ss?
Thanks brother.

Should i immediately jump into mark rippetoes lifting thing? I just winged it today.

SS is a fucking meme, don't od it unless you want to look like pic related.

I would recommend either StrongLifts + accessory work, /reddit/ PPL or Greyskull LP. Read a bit about them and then decide yourself.

cant believe no one has told op to read the sticky yet
OP read the sticky

I am.

Whats a rep?

Is it implied a squat is with weight added?

>I did pretty hard workout for 30 mins today, is that long enough? Lifted till i physically couldnt any more n did mild cardio, heart rate hit 185 n i ended up stopping n leaving.
do an actual routine or stay dyel forever m8.

>whats a rep
its short for reputation, which means your current standing with the local gym factions, every gym shares a few common ones;
>the manlets
short, ugly, usually compensating by lifting too much weight with poor form. often suffer from invisible lat syndrome.

>the bros
the guys who look like an upside down pyramid, every day is upper body day. usually in the gym every day.

>the pajeets
could also be arabs or asians depending on where you live, they share a few common behaviours though: Loud, annoying, always in groups of 2 or more, dyel as fuck

>the cardiobunnies
girls who dont want to get too bulky and are just at the gym to tone up, their routine consists of treadmill/elliptical and a few sets of ip abductors and squatting in the smith machine with 1/8th rom.

there's also the autists but theyre not really a faction, more like scattered nomads who wears hoodies and keeps looking at people in the mirror but never talk to anyone. most of Veeky Forums belongs to this group.

anyway, if your routine says 5x5 set x reps, that means doing 5 sets will net you 25 total reputation, because you gain 5 rep per set to whatever faction is witnessing you doing the lift.

Read the book fag.

>there's also the autists but theyre not really a faction, more like scattered nomads who wears hoodies and keeps looking at people in the mirror but never talk to anyone. most of Veeky Forums belongs to this group.
this.

>SS is a fucking meme, dont do it

>do stronglifts