Ran a new 1.5 mile PR 7 days ago

>Ran a new 1.5 mile PR 7 days ago
>Today ran 1.5 mile, 21 seconds slower and threw up near the end

Why did this happen? I forgot to eat breakfast but that doesn't explain blowing chunks does it?

Other urls found in this thread:

strava.com/clubs/fitizens
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Maybe you were more tired
Maybe your run wasn’t the same pace
Maybe you ate sugar before the first run
Maybe you didn’t eat well yesterday
Could be anything

you forgot to sacrifice a virgin before the run

you didn't believe in the me that believes in you

So it's not for sure that I'm in worse shape now?

some days are good days, some days are bad days. in fitness as in all things my friend.

Thank you sage user

is 3km in 14:16 respectable? If not, what is?

what the fuck is the point in running 3km?

run 5 km or bust

because around the block is exactly three, and I'm fairly shit at running. what's a respectable time for a 5k?

25 minutes is decent if running isn't your main sport

recommend you find somewhere with greater continuity than running around a block, it will be easier to get into your rhythm and find a comfortable and sustainable pace

I'd repespect less than 10

sub 10 for high school athletes.
nineish for college
8:00-8:45 is elite level

8:45 is elite? lol high schoolers have run sub 8

Fattie here, 83kg/184cm. I've been running for a few months yet this is the best I could do. How do I improve Veeky Forums? Yes I'm trying to lose weight as well, but apart from that is there something I could do? I want to sub 30mins in 5km.

run more

Nigger even I ran a 8:53 3k my junior year of Highschool, and I'm strictly a 5k & 10k college runner now. Highschool 3k record is 7:59.33, and elite is 7:20.67

83kg at 184cm doesn't seem fat. What B.F are you?

^ this
I'm 183 (FUCK OFF IM 6' WITH SHOES) and 85, gotten decent mires in CBTs and almost at 1/2/3/4. Think u might be skinneyfat brah D:

This is the closest we've had to a /run/ thread in a while, so I might as well link the Strava group:

Height/weight?
Body pics?

It is -15 and worse degrees here, I enjoy running and am looking to work up to a half marathon in may/june
Is it fine to run in weather this cold?

Post pic here too ty

I'm there with you buddy. As long as you put time into it, it'll get better.

My advice (as a beginner runner who has never ran for fun until like this month, cyclist is my main thing, have some medical background):

Perfect your breathing and form before doing anything more extreme. The steps taking per inhalation/exhalation should be like clockwork. They will be a metric for determining if your body is ready for a faster pace.,

Slowly integrate intervals/sprints into your training with days of just distance/endurance.

If fatigue is limiting your distance/speed - determine what kind of fatigue you're experiencing (muscle vs cardiovascular) and supplement your training with other exercises to minimize fatigue. If muscle fatigue: do weight lifting to maximize tissue oxygenation, glycogen uptake, land actic threshold. If cardiovascular: try biking. It develops your quads and core (which will be important for fast runs), is low impact, and is one of the best/fastest ways to improve cardio vascular health (you can stay in higher zones for longer periods of time vs other exercises).

Nutrition (correct me if im wrong in this one bros): carb loading the day/night before runs, ingest low glycemic index foods 3-4 hrs before a run, electrolyte loading before run

Just FYI, if you /run/ join us retards over on the fitizen strava. It's shit fun

16 minutes a mile, do you walk them?

Yeah I'm trying to

My BMI is 24.3 so I'm almost overweight. I used to be obese but I managed to lose close to 40kgs by dieting. Now that I've lost some weight I want to start exercising. Not sure what my BF is but I feel fat. My stomach is really flabby.

Thanks for the tips on the breathing technique. I found a good video and I'll try to follow it. I'm still not confident enough to go to the gym but I will keep in mind the muscle training etc in the future.

First time running in cold weather (traveling for work, am usually in sweltering tropical conditions). My times/distances have gone to dogshit and I feel a lot more prone to injury. Also I seem to have developed a consistent stitch/cramp on my left, thought it was due to eating beforehand but my last run was fasted and it still happened.

Also, any suggestions for a tendency to kick my ankles? It happens maybe 6 times over 8 km.

Yes, when I started I was walking them. I still walk like half to a 3 quarters of mile as a warmup (I'm walking to the running track).

5'11, 155 lbs. I think I have some pics of myself on my Strava (Briggs Wittlake).