My dad just retired, getting him a home-gym for his retirement present

My dad just retired, getting him a home-gym for his retirement present.

Will this be fine?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JOy7D5LaoXw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Best retirement gift ever dude

Whats the conversion rate from aussie monopoly money to real money? That shit seems expensive.

No adjustable dumbbells. Most of this can be bought vastly cheaper. I don't see the point in spending 561 dollars on a barbell if you don't go above 3 pl8. There are Olympic barbells for sale

>20kg plates
>qty - 3
For what reason?

3 pairs

Does he even lift though?
If not I suppose it would still be a nice self serving gift

1 aussie dollar = .76 USD

so $3,000 aussie is less than $3,000 USD but not by that much

Its not as simple as that. Ive been to Australia before, you pay like $40 for Mcdonalds that you could get for

>rogue
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HE FELL FOR THE MEME

minimum wage is 21 bucks an hour in Australia, manual labour jobs are plentiful and pay well I hear

if your dad is retiring he's probably in at least his 60s and unless he's very jacked for his age 3 pairs of 20s is overkill
you can probably do this cheaper and get him some dumbbells as well

>implying

rogue is literally the best quality lifting equipment you can buy outside of elekio

the $500 rogue power bar is very close to the $1500+ elekio bars out there

You've never actually bought gym equipment have you?

If you did you'd know buying cheap shit is how you end up buying twice.

Cheap barbells are fucking HORRIBLE. There's a reason so many of you faggots need straps and shit to deadlift, because your barbells are fucking shit, non-existent knurling and bar rolling.

youtube.com/watch?v=JOy7D5LaoXw

no doubt there are some crap products on the market but if it has good reviews why not ? How much can a cheap lifting bar handle? (ans >700kg). There are bars for under 200 au$ that are rated for 350kg, I find it hard to believe these would break on 3pl8. Really even the prices I listed are overkill . If you are prepared to build your own rack and buy second hand, most lifting equipment will last pretty much forever if properly stored.

>There's a reason so many of you faggots need straps and shit to deadlift, because your barbells are fucking shit, non-existent knurling and bar rolling.

Nice projection faggot , I double overhand only.

Every generic 7ft oly bar is rated for 1000lbs, that doesn't change the fact they all have horrible knurling and shitty bushings.

Those bars are absolute shit and have a massive diameter

Your bench/OHP will literally go down by 10% using those.

Matt Chan bar >>> Power bar

just my opinion

I'm not sure what you are talking about , these are with standard 1 or 1.25 inch diameter shafts.
You don't need an advanced knurling pattern to pick up 140kg. That's the fitness equivalent of macbook fb machines.

Those bars are usually 32mm, a proper bar is 28-29mm.

It makes a huge difference.

Wow. Overkill, but I like. Is your dad into fitness? Is your dad Arnold?

Get at least 2 pairs of 1,25, 2,5 and iron 5 kg plates. Makes handling a lot easier. Also, a pair of iron 10s. And a bunch of half kilo plates. Give him only one pair of twenties, so you can give him more twenties on his birthday, when he's strong enough. Don't forget squat shoes.

>paying 3400 dingo dollars (which is probably around 1000 dollars in real money) for a home gym that the old faggot is gonna use to hang his clothes on and store random shit on
>not getting him a gym membership that will actually encourage him to get out and be social with others during his post retirement years

i'm sure he totally regrets having a short sighted, clueless moron who is shit with money as a "son". kill yourself you morbidly obese retard.

The minimum wage is around 18 ausbux an hour

i just retired