Who are the strongest pound-for-pound athletes, Veeky Forums? And why is it climbers?

Who are the strongest pound-for-pound athletes, Veeky Forums? And why is it climbers?

Other urls found in this thread:

powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/world
youtube.com/watch?v=DFojqoAfJ7g
youtube.com/watch?v=nF4o4YXQIjQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>pound for pound
probably climbers, swimmer or football players

powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/world
Try climbing under these weights, bitch.

you try, chubs

Ummm I believe the word you are looking for is weightlifters dumb shits

What about fucking gymnasts..

Rock climbing is reddit-tier.

gymnasts because theyre all manlets

>weightlifters
>athletes

oh shit true gymnasts would be up there too

also how tf is rock climbing reddit?

i dont know why but i want to punch this guy in the face

>also how tf is rock climbing reddit?
that's just 4chins-speak for "I can't do it/don't get it"

Its Chinese Olympic lifters. No contest.

powerlifters/weightlifters
you will never see a 100kg rock climber lifting 300kg of the ground

and you'll never see a powerlifter sending a v16; checkmate

Female gymnasts

How is rock climbing judged? Are there weight or height classes? Are they drug tested? Like what qualifies them as strength athletes?

A decent boxer could KO your powerlifters weightlifters rock climbers swimmers and football players in 20 sec. Let that sink in

No weight/height classes; some feds test, others don't (it's not seen as a huge problem yet in bouldering). It's a pretty true test of strength; if you're physically capable of getting to the top, you win

Came here to post this.

Boxers are top tier athletes.

what are leg kicks?

>muh boxers are handicappeded in the lower body

I love this meme

wrestlers

Martial Arts fighters could beat the shit out of your boxers

If they're in the same weight class, conform to the rules and have no fighting experience, sure.

speaking as someone who's trained in both boxing and KB, this is just true. why the fuck would you train kick defense as a boxer?

Yeah that's not a good metric for judging relative or absolute strength.

they are if they haven't had any training to prepare for lower body strikes or grappling. doesn't mean they have to use kicks but they should be able to check them and stuff takedowns.

How do you figure?

You misspelled wrestlers. It's okay. We know what you meant.

nah desu senpai a boxer will always find your chin and will do it quicker than a random dude and that's it game over desu

You climb a route no one else can. Or solo is when no one else can or will.

With big, hard, run out trad routes, mountaineering, or soloing you win by not dying.

Most of the big name mountaineers die or retire first.

When did the last roid monkey powerlifter summit K2 or Everest?

>strongest pound for pound athlete
>get BTFO by Kazakh

Kind of hard to hit me when I'm up here and you're pissing yourself in fear 30 feet off the deck mate.

I’d say it’s wrestlers

>climbers

always DYEL hippie fucks with disgustinf ass fingernails and hands

oly weightlifters are unquestionably the strongest per pound, since that's literally the definition of their sport. mountaineers have the biggest balls, though.

>20-something techbro who just sent his first V6 in the gym and thinks he's a badass detected

>also how tf is rock climbing reddit?
Take a look at every person you know who rock climbs, they are all hippy dumbasses that drive subarus and only validate their lives by shit they post on reddit

he's right you know

Im gomna be that guy and say if something makes you strong you're gonna have to define strength. All the top athletes in their class are the strongest in their discipline. Stop being a faggot and do the fitness equivalent of a console war

>muh kicks
I'm a muay Thai practitioner but lifting your leg off the ground In a street fight is fucking retarded

You're all wrong. Your average onion farmer is the strongest due to their exposure to onions.

>climbers
you're genuinely retarded if you believe this
the answer is gymnasts, and second place isn't even close.

to be quite frank

Wrestlers>>>>any others martial art/combat sport in a streetfight

I don't disagree with you but I've seen wrestlers get their shit pushed in by judoka/bjjfags. I just think boxing is the most fun to watch. The patrician combo is boxer/wrestler

This was, I assume, under bjj rules on a padded mat? A streetfight on concrete is not a place you want to get slammed or even pull guard. In bjj, also, there are many times when the guy who purports to have more skill or grit really just has physical advantages. Once you have a decent grasp of bjj basics, putting on ten pounds of muscle will do you more good than learning how to spin on your head and expose your balls on a mat. this is coming for someone who practiced bjj, not wrestling.Gymnastics measures a different type of strength. Though many elite climbers, both male and female, can rep out full extension one armed pullups, finger strength to bodyweight ratio is by far most important factor in climbing level.
1:30
youtube.com/watch?v=DFojqoAfJ7g
and
youtube.com/watch?v=nF4o4YXQIjQ
illustrate the type of strength required to be the best rock climber. They are not the best at every other type of strength.

Stupidest shit I've ever heard

.t kickboxing/jiu jitsu for 10 years

Do you perhaps not have a good grasp on timing? Do you also by chance have a difficult time learning your opponent? I've never had trouble picking guys apart.

>tfw go to a climbing gym for the oly platform
>everyone there is a chad who lives a happy active social life
>not a single mention of the internet ever
where do you faggots get these stereotypes?

>legs are almost 3-5 times as strong as arms on a typical male
>hurrdurr don't use legs in a fight

It all depends on the distance, close up use fists, at a distance you can do a shitton of damage with a good kick

i think gymnasts are probably p4p stronger. oly is just weight-classed like plenty of sports

Wrestling is required knowledge but not to be applied in a streetfight. Any street fight ive ever been in there were degenerates everywhere in sight and you dont want to be on the ground for that. Idk, you ever been in a fight with someone that was alone? Its rare

Im about to get climbing classes.
How much should you train before you climb an actual montain?

and for those not familiar what they are doing these finger tip front lever and one armed pullups on, it is called a beastmaker. it has no incut loops or divots to hook your finger in, only flat or sloping wood holes. it is many degrees harder than performing these feats using loops to put your finger through, as magnus mitdbo, the guy in op's pic does repetitions with. Magnus can, at least do the pinky front lever on this thing though. i have not seen him try the one one fingertip pullup on it, but i assume he could do one or two good ones.

Enjoy a grappler grabbing your leg and raping you

If you start doing shit in the ground in a street fight you'll either get kicked by everybody or stabbed like a pig.

>throwing a catchable kick
Weird plan, bud

>tfw Pajeet is paid in onions because his boss is cheap but he becomes a superhuman unstead and worshipped as new hindu god

You are gay.