Was the strategic bombing of Germany a war crime?

Was the strategic bombing of Germany a war crime?

Attached: bomber-harris.jpg (585x351, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=da05Nbnjnaw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The warcrime was not bombing more

Yes. War is crime against foreigners.

Attached: reap the whirlwind.jpg (850x400, 100K)

Start shit, get hit

No. There's not a significant amount of innocent civilians in a total war. Is it unfair and perhaps even cowardly? Sure, but who gives a fuck? Needed to be done.

Here's a good bit on what Germans think about Dresden today:

>Each year on Feb. 13, neo-Nazis march in the city to commemorate its destruction. In recent years, they have been blocked from entering the center by a human chain of more than 10,000 protesters.

Their message to the neo-Nazis could be summarized as the following: "Your predecessors caused the destruction of this city and we will protect it against you. Don't dare to abuse this day of commemoration for your racist goals."

That depends. Show me the laws of war that was broken

Also

DO IT AGAIN

This

I reckon Postdam and Dresden are still a thing nowadays

The only crime was not getting to nuke Berlin

Attached: bomberharris.jpg (468x420, 28K)

youtube.com/watch?v=da05Nbnjnaw

Attached: Dresden.png (1240x869, 1.08M)

GOTT STRAFE DRESDEN!!!

Attached: DcffmrB.jpg (498x498, 54K)

tfw he didn't have nuclear weapons

Attached: Bomb it.jpg (373x338, 47K)

What part of the Laws of Land Warfare do you claim were violated?

This is proof that we are in the dark timeline.

Yes, and a deserved one

Attached: 1520205486511.png (621x613, 647K)

>REEEEE WHY ARE THE OTHER SIDE ALLOWED TO FIGHT BACK?
Honestly he didn't go far enough

Bombing Germany wasn't a war crime, but intentionally burning women and children alive was a war crime and it did nothing positive for the war effort.

Post the Dresden hoax infographic.

Hippies think that anything that hurts their feelings is by default against the law.

The reality is, area bombing was totally legal under the treaties in effect under the time, which is why the Allies didn't try the Axis for Guernica, or Rotterdam, or the London Blitz, or any of the thousands of tiny raids the Japanese launched on the Chinese mainland for the sole purpose of terrorizing the civilian population.

only crime was letting G*rmans live

Oh i love those

Britain started bombing Germany first. And by the way, it's also Britain that declared war on Germany.

Attached: dresdenhoax.jpg (3500x5000, 3.92M)

If only the Nazis had been slightly more competant, no one would be able to claim the atomic bombings were racist.

>Critics of the bombing have claimed that Dresden was a cultural landmark of little or no strategic significance, and that the attacks were indiscriminate area bombing and not proportionate to the military gains.[9][10][11] Some in the German far-right refer to the bombing as a war crime and a "Holocaust".[12]
*inhales*
HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAH

Attached: 1520516769903.gif (500x374, 379K)

>under the treaties in effect under the time
So basically, following your logic, everything the Nazis did was legal as well.

>tfw we don't live in the timeline England produces the atomic bomb before anyone else and, by 1944, it has a legendary stack of nukes handed over to Based Harris, who proceeds to drop them all over the land of Germany until nothing is left but radioactive dust, and, just to spite the ghosts of the old, FDR gives that wasteland to France
I wanna cry, brothers!

After Germany bombed Warszawa to rubble and massacred civilians

Attached: Bundesarchiv_Bild_141-0763,_Warschau,_Brände.jpg (800x512, 70K)

Someone post the “germany needs X leader at a time like this” meme

>Far-right politicians in Germany have sparked a great deal of controversy by promoting the term "Bombenholocaust" ("holocaust by bomb") to describe the raids.[151] Der Spiegel writes that, for decades, the Communist government of East Germany promoted the bombing as an example of "Anglo-American terror," and now the same rhetoric is being used by the far right.[152] An example can be found in the extremist nationalist party Nationaldemokratische Partei Deutschlands (NPD). A party's representative, Jürgen Gansel, described the Dresden raids as "mass murder," and "Dresden's holocaust of bombs".[153] This provoked an outrage in the German parliament and triggered responses from the media. Prosecutors said that it was illegal to call the bombing a holocaust.[154] In 2010, several demonstrations by organizations opposing the far-right blocked a demonstration of far-right organizations.
MY FUCKING SIDES!

>guernica
>amsterdam
>warzaw

All direct military targets. These were cities that the Germans, or Spanish in the case of Guernica, were trying to take over. Civilian casualties were just a byproduct of that. Meanwhile, Britain was bombing German civilians years before they even got anywhere near Germany.

>In October 1943, emboldened by his success in Hamburg and increasingly irritated with Churchill's hesitance to endorse his tactics wholeheartedly, Harris urged the government to be honest with the public regarding the purpose of the bombing campaign:[44][45][46] "The aim of the Combined Bomber Offensive ... should be unambiguously stated [as] the destruction of German cities, the killing of German workers, and the disruption of civilised life throughout Germany ... the destruction of houses, public utilities, transport and lives, the creation of a refugee problem on an unprecedented scale, and the breakdown of morale both at home and at the battle fronts by fear of extended and intensified bombing, are accepted and intended aims of our bombing policy. They are not by-products of attempts to hit factories."

Attached: 934A403D-7CE2-4F0D-8167-14DACA1B4D39.png (800x1358, 884K)

quality containment thread

>only someone like Charles the V can fix modern germany

>only someone like Gustavus Adolphus can fix modern Germany.

I'm a British commie faggot and I know it was too far. Even Harris' peers were saying he went too far. But it wasn't really the biggest tragedy during the war and I don't really care about it much to be honest. The neo-nazis trying to paint it as on par with the holocaust are retards.

More like pest control

Attached: ww2air.png (1188x3100, 224K)

Yes, but so was the American firebombing of Tokyo and so was the Germans bombing London.

They should have persecuted there own men too

t. Dalek

Shouldn't the Brits have learned by now that bombing civilians don't win wars? I certainly think the nazis in a way deserved it since those fucks scorched the continent, but surely there are better targets for the bombers.

War crimes are a meme. Winning wars means making others suffer

>this is the board that claims to prove that the holohax happened to deniers on a regular basis
>happily remembers the bombing of dresden
I wonder (((who))) could be behind this board.

daily reminder that the holocaust never happened and that the terror bombing against germany were the greatest war crime of the war, and that the eternal anglo started dishonorably bombing in violation of previous accords.

Attached: anglo3.jpg (501x504, 106K)

The Nazis actually broke the Geneva conventions, which they were legally bound to obey.

wrong, the british had only kindly intentions and were morally spotless, they were pushed to such extreme measures by g*rmanic brutality

Attached: 2dark4u.jpg (450x532, 62K)

They didn't bomb them to win them over, they bombed Dresden because of the factories.

Didn't Hamburg get bombed more?

So did others, as they were just as legally bound then.