Closing in on 3/4/5, only thing left is 5pl8 deadlift. How many times should I be able to rep 405 before attempting 495...

Closing in on 3/4/5, only thing left is 5pl8 deadlift. How many times should I be able to rep 405 before attempting 495? Currently can pull 6-7 clean reps and my max is 475

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XIbxBpMYifc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're close, another month or so depending how u program.

Are you rack pulling 5/6 plates yet?

I find it's good to have touched the weight before you touch it nah mean cracka?

I've rack pulled 5 from just slightly above the knee for a few reps, that was several months ago

how have you gotten to nearly 5pl8 without knowing about 1rm calculators

>slightly above the knee
why would you pull from above the knee?

Also for comparison OP, I've pulled 405 for 8, rack pulled 585 for a triple followed by a 630 single from below the knee and my actual deadlift max is 475lbs.

lel, why don'y you move up instead of repping 90 pounds less and hoping you can pull 495?

>implying
I've used them plenty in the past, in fact I wrote my own for android. But they aren't perfect, and with the deadlift specifically I feel the calculations are skewed.
I'm strong off the floor, lockout is my weak point

It's called submaximal training faggo

sounds more like being a submaximal faggot who can't into periodization

>with the deadlift specifically I feel the calculations are skewed.
yeah I found this at first, but then I found that you can pull roughly the calculated 1rm's if you try really really fucking hard. maxing out on deadlift aint easy. but my 1rm is 205kg (about 450) so you're further ahead than me

>I'm strong off the floor, lockout is my weak point
Don't rack pull high then, do cheating, explosive rows with the weight you bench press.

I could slam 315lbs into the bottom of my sternum from the floor three times when I first deadlifted 475.

>my training method is the only one that works

I think I saw a video on this a hwhile back, I'll have to give it a go. Do you pull sumo or conventional?

Can't pull sumo, I have giant, birthgiving hips at 6'1" so pulling sumo either puts my feet under the plates or puts enough strain on my hip joints that even 4pl8 is pain.
Also my fingers get crushed between the bar and my thighs.

U bench 3pl8 but cant diddly 5?

Nigga, I've benched 330lbs, squatted 460 and OHP'ed 210 and I still can't claim a legit 495 deadlift. I've done 505 on a 25kg trap bar with straps, I've done 495 with giant 50kg plates which put the bar halfway up my shin, but the most I've done with a normal bar was 475, on two diffrent ocasion, once mid-bulk, at 240 and recently during maintnence at 228.

425/335/475 specifically
Some of us are just built differently, user

People who are actually strong tend not to be nerds

>Veeky Forums
We're all nerds

>tfw estimated 1RM for deadlift is 480 but bench is 225
JUST. Rippetoe claims another victim

youtube.com/watch?v=XIbxBpMYifc

skip to about 2 minutes to skip the intros and other promotional bs

I started adding some of this to my training and after about 2 months I had upped my max by 45lbs to 455.

>lockout is weak point
GLUTES FOR THE SLOOTS
do barbell hip thrusts
make sure you put a fucking pad on the bar unless you want to die. Also put a pad behind your scapula on the floor if youre doing 4pl8+ because all the weight will go there

t. back was bleeding by fucking a 525 barbell

I have a similar squat but 285 bench and 525 dl approx. Probably rip 10-12 with 405

>People who are actually strong
have to be nerds or roiding to the gills
i know one guy who's blatantly roiding, skin of a 50 year old at 25, looks twice my side and can double my bench, but can barely do half my squats and deads

my friend who's in IT also roided with him, and now has out done him in less than a year from being a fucking nerd as well as on roids.

Roids are a +10, but being a nerd is at least a plus 5 as well

If you have 405 for 8 you've got 495. Try hitting 455 for a beltless single and if you have that, you can do 500.
My current max is 515 with conventional and hook grip.

lmao my diddly is stupid strong compared to my other lifts. wish i had numbers like yours instead
orm: bench 260, squat 380, dead lift 515