I can't even bring the bar to my shins deadlifting, starting over midfoot

I can't even bring the bar to my shins deadlifting, starting over midfoot

So your feet won’t fit under the bar? Your a big boi

It's likely that your form is the issue and not the weight

I have very poor ankle mobility. My ankles barely move. Can I just do deadlifts with higher hips and more horizontal back?
Pic related is similar to my position

I don’t get what you are on about. That bar is touching her shin. Just drop your hips

Then should I just start with the bar touching my shins? Dropping hips involves ankle dorsiflexion. I have just enough to walk normally and no more, at least in my left foot (right is better)

Bump. What do if my ankle mobility is so poor it doesn't allow to bring my shins to the bar when setting up with bar over midfoot. And it can't be changed more than marginally since it's most likely bones (had surgeries). Set up the bar so that it touches my shin? Try to sit back using hips and not ankles? Use weightlifting shoes? Can I even deadlift with horizontal back/little knee bent (more than in SLDL though) or is it dangerous?

sumo

deadlift is not a do or die lift, sure, it's fucking fantastic and considered backbone to any program but that doesn't mean you HAVE to do it. Just do something else that cover similar bases.

Dude it's not the same, nothing beats the feeling of increasing your max weight on deadlifts, things like glute isolation exercises wouldn't cut it. Besides it's not that I can't deadlift at all, I just do it with my back so it's closer to stiff legged I guess. Ill make a form video next time, ask instructors, try sitting back with my hips and buy weightlifting shoes (I need them for squats anyway, my squat form is obviously bad too). If it won't cut it I'll try sumo I guess.

>nothing beats the feeling of increasing your max weight on deadlifts
STOP
EGO
LIFTING
lifting is a discipline, not hur dur i lift so much. Respect your body and accept your strength and weaknesses. People often forget success to lifting is consistency above all else.

>It's not about succeeding once, it's about never failing a single time

If your body is telling you not to do deadlifts, stop fucking doing deadlifts. Eventually when you get stronger, you will realize lots of exercises become available including DL, everyone's born in different places on earth it's only natural everyone start with different exercises.

fuck this, I can't squat and now I can't deadlift either

I want to do them despite my limitations, I'm not just ognna stop, might as well kill myself on the fucking spot

bump

If you don't have the ankle mobility to pull conventional I'd like to see your gait. You must walk like a retard.

kek hello fellow Veeky Forumsnissman

here
fuck you

bump

post vid showing your ankle mobility please

op is literally fucking retarded

you are not supposed to squat to bar
you are actually supposed to lean back, using the bar as counterweight and then pull BACK

do you mean walking or just a test? My ankle mobility is very poor, just enough for walking normally but I can't even touch the wall with my left foot when the toes are pressed against it. It didn't really limit me in life since I simply raised my heels when squatting down to pick something up etc. Trained martial arts too. My ankle bones were tinkered with during the surgeries I had for club feet as an infant so I think ankle mobility exercises are futile. I never see any results. However perhaps weightlifting shoes would give me just enough dorsiflexion to get into a proper position.

>raised heels when squatting
breh

It's not like I had a choice, is it?

Why are you in a public toilet?

>counting the bar

bump

>*memelift

Please someone help me
I really don't want to stop deadlifts like this guy
says
It's my most enjoyable lift and I want to gain strength in a measurable way like everyone else. I've seen video of people with my condition squat several plates to full depth so deadlifting is certainly not impossible. I don't wanna just give up on another fucking thing in my lfie. Should I just ask the gym instructors for help with my form?

>Should I just ask the gym instructors for help with my form?
yes

Just fucking google ankle mobility exercises, stretch and be consistent and don’t ego lift in the mean time. It’s not rocket science my dude

I think he knows that, but he’s saying his mobility is so shit either in his hams or ankles that he can’t do the lean back part

I said they don't do anything because the bones were messed with. My best bet is to compensate with an excellent hip mobility (right now it's decent I guess).
Yes, but it's only my ankles. I can easily touch my toes with straight legs so I think I have good hamstring flexibility