How do i stay motivated Veeky Forums? every time i work out i do good for a week or two and then sputter out for a month

how do i stay motivated Veeky Forums? every time i work out i do good for a week or two and then sputter out for a month

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_fmcYPZRiaU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Do less. Stop every workout before you want to.

idk
I like working out, its relaxing.

Motivation is entirely up to you bro, no number of gay ass quotes over sunsets in going to actually motivate you. You have to look inside yourself, why are you the way you are? How do you want to be? Why do you want it? You are the only person who's you bro, you have to go on a journey inside yourself to find out how you work.

guess your just not meant to make it bra
i look forward everytime i go to the gym

I dont lose motivation because I never really had motivation to begin with. I would force myself to workout 6 days a week for 3 months or so then quit because I missed a few days and never felt like was making progress. It really sucks being a perfectionist I guess but I'll have to suck it up and start over.

yeah guess not

Do a real LP program to see numbers go up. If that doesn't motivate you then kys

I'd say start with finding out what makes your "sputter out" in the first place. My guess is you'll find your solution somewhere in there. Is it because you're bored already? Mix up your routine a little. Don't enjoy the pain? Rationalize that it is the currency you pay for admission into the tone zone. Think you'll never make it? Decide if you want to be weak willed for the rest of your life or actually believe in yourself for once.

There is a lot of things you can do to stop the sputtering out dead in its tracks. You don't need motivation so much as a better understanding of your own physique and what makes you tick.

help fit, I'm afraid I'm becoming a bitch mentally after adding running and swimming to my training plan

> gone from skelly 6'0 130lbs to 190 lbs in 2,5 years of lifting
> changing career back to military so add swimming and running between my PPL
> going great for 3 months, stamina increasing rapidly, lifts still going up
> suddenly have trouble sleeping, waking up from nightmares
> strength decreasing fast, not able to run half the distance I did the week before

So I took a rest week

> back at the gym, strength was ok, same as a couple weeks ago
> running HIIT is super difficult
> feel like I'm not getting enough oxygen
> I know my body could've kept going further but I feel mentally weak
> brain is telling me to stop constantly, managed to run 10 mins yesterday at 9mph
> Need to be able to do 12 mins @ that speed for best grade
> other tests I already have best grade in, pull ups, distance jump and medicinal ball throw
> always tired, sleep badly still
> gained 4lbs during rest week

Could it be that my strength and weight gain is actually inhibiting my running performance?
Do those two really not go together? I need to be in great shape in both strength and cardio next summer, halp fit any pro tips?

*sips beer*
ty user. Needed this realistic approach to keep me goin...for tomorrow morning

>not smoking

right, user? Other than that, It sounds like you're not getting enough sleep. If my sleep schedule gets fucked up, the my entire regime and performance is fucked as a result.

At least 7 hour sleep, at least 70 oz water.

Just keep going user. You're def. not a bitch...for now.

Yeah mate, not smoking either

Thanks, I will have to sleep more. I've been aiming for 7,5 hours a night, but with waking up 3-5 times each night and also have trouble falling asleep I must be lacking sleep. Sadly I can't control my dreams, they keep fucking me up

Sometimes nightmares are caused by stress or unresolved problems in your life. Is there something you've been worrying about?

Well the state of western society of course, but nothing more than usual. I've started to hate my regular job more and more, but I've decided to switch back to the military next summer as mentioned, and that has improved my mood during the day time at least.

I am of course worried that I won't get into the service I'm aiming for, but if I get called into try outs I know I will be the most fit there and they'll have to take me. But I might not even get called in for tryouts, and that worries me somewhat, but not too bad.

sleep user, that's it. You may think it's not a big deal, but it can have tremendous effects. Try meditating, I know sounds retarded but it has helped me immensely. Just be completely alone, sit in a comfortable position, and breath in through nose, out through mouth. 2 seconds between, and add seconds after every breath until up top 20 seconds a piece.

you'll forget about everything except your breathing. once focused on breathing, slowly lay yourself into a comfortable position, and drift away, while focusing on your breathing. Doesn't work? Idk? drugs?

Get a divorce, it'll be the only thing that will cure your general anxiety disorder and sleep deprivation.

thanks mate, I just have so many things I want to do each day and not enough time. I love gaming with my friends, cooking great meals and training every day. combined with 9 hour work days, there just isn't enough hours in the day for me to do all, so I end up taking from my sleep.

I have started meditating actually, am on week 2 now and increasing to 10 mins per session. So far I haven't had any "results" in mental power, but I'll keep going. I hope it can help in harsh times during military service. I have some trouble clearing my mind but hopefully I will get good soon

You just have to make it into a routine. If you miss once, it's a lot easier to skip a second time. Force yourself to go every time so the habit forms

your program is probably complete shit

Make it so that working out doesn't require motivation.

You gotta basically trick yourself into going. Read “Mini Habits” by Stephen Guise..but the gist of it is that you set a goal for yourself so small that you don’t need motivation and very little willpower to do it. For example, you set your goal to be to just drive to the gym and that’s it. Just drive to the gym and you’ll most likely say to yourself “might as well work out since I’m here” but if you don’t work out it’s ok because at least you accomplished your mini goal of getting there in the first place. You just slowly build your habit from there.

youtube.com/watch?v=_fmcYPZRiaU

>how do i stay motivated Veeky Forums?
you don't you just gotta do it anyway brother
everytime i'm about to go to the gym i want to kms, everytime i'm on my way home i feel like i'm on top of the world because i went to the gym

This. If you’re having trouble starting & keeping going, something like this helps a lot. As well as doing exercises you actually enjoy and are making progress on.