The Greeks and Romans were so much more impressive than anything since them...

The Greeks and Romans were so much more impressive than anything since them. So why does /pol/ LARP as christian or viking when the Greeco-Roman pill is the best redpill?

Attached: IMG_3837.jpg (1600x1200, 292K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h9httg-eYbw
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rump_states
metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/251532
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because paganism is satanic.

>worshipping demons/fallen angels instead of God Jehovah the LORD Creator

Romans were Christians longer than they were pagans.

>history board
>read stupid shit like this
Byzantine isn't Rome

>The Greeks and Romans were so much more impressive than anything since them
That's just your opinion

no. it's fact

Attached: socrates-2.jpg (900x750, 54K)

/pol/ LARPs as nupagans now, though
have so for a few years now

What about Egyptians?

Attached: Obama_Poster_Goauld.gif (350x437, 11K)

No it isn't. There is no way to objectively quantify how it is more impressive.
In what way do you propose it is more impressive?

All they had going for them is that they had a nice aesthetic

Stormfags changed tastes over time

>Protestant white trash learn that Jesus wasn’t white
>Wank to Celtic & Norse mythology for a while
>Skyrim comes out and people start laughing at them
>Learn about the crusades and ignore all the parts in the bible about peace, love, compassion, mercy, & egalitarianism
>Jerk off to knights for a while

Lately they seem to be going “Orthodox” because the Pope acting like an actual Christian pissed them off

>the Pope acting like an actual Christian

one of my favourite Bible story is the one where Jesus asks Rome to take refugees from far away conflicts

>Because paganism is satanic.

No - Abrahamic religion is devil worship like Jesus said.

youtube.com/watch?v=h9httg-eYbw

Attached: mosesbaal.png (1559x773, 1.38M)

>The Greeks and Romans were so much more impressive than anything since them. So why does /pol/ LARP as christian or viking when the Greeco-Roman pill is the best redpill?
Because they're contrarian faggots and the Greco-Roman ideal is submission to the rule of law and the glory of civilization and legal procedure over violence. In other words, they're exactly the kind of scum that Rome rounded up and fed to lions for public entertainment, at least they were able to squeeze some societal benefit from their miserable, pointless existence

Attached: f3868c1ad4074df35053efef15e57423.jpg (564x617, 81K)

Not that guy but could I get a quick rundown on why the Byzantines shouldn't be considered direct successors of the Roman empire and why they're so derided here?
I know very little about them.

>Lately they seem to be going “Orthodox”
Orthocucks are Russian shills and the easiest fucking morons in the world to outwit. A basic grasp of the facts is enough to trigger them into a frenzy of buzzwords and meme faggotry

Attached: 1511603521828.png (1212x1564, 1.68M)

>the jews are sowing the seeds of degeneracy!
>we need to look to the ancient, nordic romans and greeks as an examp-

Attached: 1522187552803.jpg (3376x1404, 2.39M)

>history board
>read stupid shit like this
Byzantine were Roman deal with it

What is happening here?

Attached: explain.jpg (172x376, 21K)

their empire lasted thousands of years

Even counting the Byzantines they were pagan for longer. From the formation of the Roman kingdom in 753 BC to 380 AD is 1,133 years.

>
>Not that guy but could I get a quick rundown on why the Byzantines shouldn't be considered direct successors of the Roman empire and why they're so derided here?
>I know very little about them.
Because they were a rump state that had nothing to do with the city of Rome itself, beyond inheriting a bunch of worthless property claims from families that no longer exist, and the true direct successor of the Roman empire was the actual part of its government to survive the fall, and continued to rule the western world from the seven hills all the way up to the modern day

Attached: the Roman Catholic Church.jpg (750x422, 96K)

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rump_states

Inb4 acktually.The Byzantine once captured the city of Rome from the Ostrogoths for a short period of time during Justinians rule.Call me a byzaboo all you want but these are facts

he's just having a laugh.

Attached: hb_24.97.104.jpg (1469x1500, 287K)

The city of Rome at the time was an impoverished backwater

metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/251532
>The representation shows a stage structure at the far right and the characters of a phlyax play, a type of farce favored in Southern Italy. A recent interpretation characterizes the two male figures in the center as accomplices about to steal the hag's goose and kid or to defy her threats to turn them in. Written in Attic Greek, the inscriptions indicate that the farce originated in mainland Greece but do not explain the story. Formerly attributed to the Tarporley Painter, a major Apulian master, the vase is now recognized as Lucanian under Apulian influence.

>Because paganism is satanic.
if you larp as a greek, shit being satanic isn't a problem

>Rome didnt become Christian until 380AD

Attached: 1522020820976.jpg (250x250, 42K)

>Call me a byzaboo all you want but these are facts
Don't worry lad, I won't get salty. But I will point out that the Gothic War was one of the most destructive conflicts in Italian history, that the Byzantines waged a total war burning down virtually all of the old Roman infrastructure, but it was a Pyrrhic victory and they could only hold it for the briefest of moments before it slipped right back out of their fingers, and probably ended up fucking the Byzantines in the long run from being so overstretched.

Their general was a literal cuck who had to be bailed out by a eunuch, and their emperor was an idealist who bit off far more than he could chew

Hardly on the level of, say, William the Conqueror.

Attached: 11late roman infantry.jpg (500x386, 52K)

Oh without a doubt all of what you said is true.Both sides of that war made alot of mistakes.I was just trying to prove that the Byzantine had a lot more involvement with Rome than what people usually say like Constantine splitting the empire.

That's mostly correct. Christianity was at most 10 percent of the population before Constantine and even after Theodosius there were still plenty of polytheists around.