Resistance Bands

Over the course of my 2 month /fitizenship, I have never seen a discussion about these. I use a weak one in conjunction with dumbells.

Resistance is resistance. Weights are just simpler for people to use and track progress.

Lurk more newfriend, there is a reason it's not discussed

ah, but the bands increase in resistance as the motion nears completion, and are not subject to gravity, so a wider range of exercises are possible. i was wondering when these things would show up on here.

Be a dear and just tell me? Who knows, I might believe you.

They are OK for some things like training neck and rear delts and making push-ups harder.

I use them for stretching

They're definitely a great tool that people overlook, they're extremely portable, cost efficient, safe and easy to use.

I think bands are generally good for training mass or endurance, but not so much for strength or power.

how so, aren't their 'virtual load' the highest at the end of the extension/contraction?

I use them for holidays or to finish workout

I'm way too scared to use them.
When I used them I kept thinking they'd break and hit me in the eye or some shit.

>for holidays
wut?

Is on vacation right? No englese porfaddor.
Not every hotel has a gym or when im hiking with camping

can't be any worse than failing the snatch

I bought a set of the handle-less ones from Amazon that go to 150 - one of my favorite purchases of all time. There's a gazillion ways to use these fuckers. They really shine on triceps and other shit that's hardest in extension.

I used them before. They work great, but the resistance isn't exactly the same as they say, just close.

Anyway, very good. I had a 150 kg resiszance chest expander years ago when I had to take a break from lifting because of a new job, and that thing was the fucking bomb. When I started lifting again, I was surprise at how strong I was just because of that thing. Actually, I'd say the gains were even better than with weights, at least strength-wise.

Only problem is that you can't do micor-progressions like with weights.

Im planning on picking up a few resistances and attachments to use at home. Anyone used cable attachments on them? Theres some pillars in my garden that i could put the band around head height and attach the cable rope too and do facepulls and stuff, theres some pipe brackets on the side of the house im thinking of doing like tricep pulldown from that. Anyone done this sort of thing before with them?

Does anyone know a good set that's cheap? I've been thinking about getting some but I only ever see reviews from women.

Its a niche sort of thing, They only work well for a few different exercises but where they shine they're better than free weights (Like rear delts).

from my experience they can be very effective however you will be limite dif you don't connect them to some strong pole thus allowing you to position yourself in a distance from it ideal for the flex you desire... most standard positions will give you no proper pump unless you have large manouverability in distance from it

Have bands on the bannisters of my stairs. Do face pulls, ytwls, and triceps push downs a couple times a day. Wonderful effects on the shoulder and gold for health there too

>not subject to gravity

Nigga you best not have created an anti-gravity resistance band and be keeping it a secret.

Why do you suppose that is? I’ve got a good idea.

Great for stretching to fix my bad posture.

And what would that be?

Bretty gud to warm up with. Every time I lift, I start by using my 50lb band to do shoulder breakers and squats with. Sometimes use it to stretch my forearms out if they're feeling a little tight that day. Haven't really found much use for them besides that though.

You can loop it around a pull-up bar and stick a foot in it for assisted pull ups too.

pussy ups is what that's called. jk man, i did that to graduate to the muscle up, and before doing pull-ups i used the lat machine.