How hard am I cucking myself if I use a hex bar instead of a straight bar on deadlift?

How hard am I cucking myself if I use a hex bar instead of a straight bar on deadlift?

The ligaments in my middle fingers start to hurt past 275 on straight bar but no such issue on hex bar.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JMsjXPB5qYs
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26840440
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21659894
strongerbyscience.com/trap-bar-deadlifts/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Use straps dumbass.

no moment arm, no rom, no torque on hands, skellymagnet halfsquat machine
>mfw a strapweenie used two hands to put on a clip near me

It’s not a deadlift. It’s biomechanically more like a hybrid of leg press and deadlift.

It can be a useful exercise if you don’t do powerlifting.

Having said that, your reasoning for using it is retarded. Use hook grip, mixed grip and buy chalk.

They are different movements. Find out what you want to achieve and go with the movement that suits you better

See faggot what's wrong with you is you just push him to do one way without explaining WHY he needs to do it that way.

The issue with hex bar deadlift is if it's your natural tendency to use more quads, you will naturally turn the lift into a squat lockout. You will still get great trap work, hence "trap bar."

However, your lower back work could suffer a bit. That honestly doesn't matter because you could still in theory lean forward farther and use the same form you would for a straight bar, or you could just do narrow sumo (see Ed Coan's form) on a straight bar which in my experience hits roughly the same ratio of legs to lower back. In that case you wouldn't be losing much at all.

The ONLY issue I could see cropping up is the fact that you do not need much of a grip to hold a hex bar, so trying the same weights on a straight bar would result in it rolling out of your hands in double overhand or maybe bicep injury if you switch grip it without easing into it. That's theoretically fixable too as long as you compensate with other grip work. I did rice bucket for a long while and that was just fine for keeping my hand strength up, but lately I've switched to rock climber style deadhangs at each finger joint and that's giving me better hand gains with less joint problems.

Some fag would insist you switch to barbell and just work your way up despite your ligament issues.

My thought is, if the normal way hurts you, would you rather be pussy at the normal way or brutal at a slightly offbeat way of lifting? I'd go for offbeat every time.

Aww did the poor little kid hurt his fingies :(((
Stop being a faggot and lift some goddamn weights nigga, 275 is lightweight

Seeing you DYELs be so retarded about this dude's ergonomic issue makes me want to post style text walls all over Veeky Forums. All you fags going "Man up! >:)" would have your jimmies annihilated

I use tbar because I fucked up my hip abductors and can't deadlift with proper form due to mobility issues. With tbar the grip is higher and allows me to grab w/o fucking my knees/going on my tiptoes/bending my back. How bad is this for my gains? It's the only leg exercise I can do that doesn't destroy my knee. Am I fucked?

Is there any rehab that can be done on the joints that are screwing you over?

Sounds like you need Elliott Hulse. Not the new fag version of him, the old good version who did the really smart and good version of big barbells functional training.

How to use straps.

youtu.be/JMsjXPB5qYs

Hex bar is for dyels.

Use a straight bar and buy some fucking straps, stop being a dyel.

>ergonomic issue
got me

Why is hex bar for DYELs? Can you pull a 6 plate hex bar DL?

>pull
the appropriate verb here is skeletonlockout

The trapbar deadlift is a little different from a conventional deadlift.

There's a continuum of exercises with exercises with maximal hip flexion (bending) and no knee flexion in one end, and exercises with maximum hip flexion and maximum knee flexion in the other end.

On the one extreme end you'll find an exercise like a stiff-legged deadlift with max hip flexion and zero knee flexion. On the other extreme you'll see something like a kettlebell front squat with max hip AND knee flexion.

A regular deadlift is further towards the all hips end than a trapbar deadlift is. In other words, the conventional deadlift will hit your lower back and hips slightly harder while the trapbar deadlift shifts some emphasis to the quads.
But all in all the two exercises are VERY SIMILAR. And they're both legit choices.

Most people choose the trapbar deadlift either because they lack hip mobility or because it's easier on the low back.

Since the trapbar deadlift is further towards the middle of the hip/knee continuum this also makes it a very complete exercise, and thus a good choice if you like to limit your exercise selection as much as possible while still covering your bases. On the other hand, if you already do e.g. front squats, it would make more sense to pick a more hip dominant pulling exercises such as a Romanian deadlift.

>the hex bar is for DYELS
>even though it's been shown to cause greater activation than the straight bar with less weight

t. non competitive obese 'powerlifters' and people who only care about bragging

trap bar is a little less stable at the top, too, which can make it easier to tweak the lower back

I went to physio for a while and got my knees sorted out. I tore both my hip abductors when I was new to the gym trying to squat 2pl8 like a fucking retard. I can't squat/leg press/conventional deadlift properly, since I lack the mobility I put too much stress on the knee. I'm just wondering how bad this will hinder my gains.

Interested in this too, I apparently can't learn how to deadlift properly so I started using that.

>because it's easier on the low back.
This for sure.
Hitting thirty and my back is a wreck.
Had to switch to trapbar to keep my max weight the same and just use other exercises to strengthen lower back.
No one can lift heavy forever without adjusting.
You'll injure yourself eventually.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26840440

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21659894

higher power output relative to weight = better carryover to other contexts
you'll sacrifice some grip training over straight bar but you should be training that elsewhere anyway

so yah it's only necessary to do straight bar if you either compete in PL or just like the lift

What'd you do to your back

Exaggerated movement from years in the military.
Thinning disk, etc.

Pretty much running every day for 6 years and practicing JJ every tue/thursday.
Anyways nothing so bad I can't perform the exercise or any exercise.
However it hurts some days and I'm already getting x-rays and MRIs for it. Doctor said there is no reason to stop lifting as of yet, but any exercise that puts excess pressure on the l4 has a chance to herniate eventually if I'm not careful.
My trainer had me switch to trapbar, I also have to do yoga, and he added that weird hanging upside down exercise.

>subjects could “lift” greater weight and at higher peak velocities and therefore produce higher power output with the skellybar and therefore it must be a more effective exercise
SHOO SHOO GAINS GOBLIN

What other exercises do you do for lower back

I see you left out the objective measure of peak force because it didn't suit your narrative

strongerbyscience.com/trap-bar-deadlifts/
According to Greg Nuckols the trap bar deadlift is a better for the average lifter.

is that not directly related to “more weight”? shoo shoo

it gets upper back and glutes just as much, quads more, and hams/low back less. so it depends on what u need to strengthen

Wait so... this is important... you mean to tell me that jogging fucks your back worse than lifting?

I warm up with 400 and I haven't touched a hex bar in my life
Stop being a bitch nigga

Retards will always do that. People do not give a fuck about what is true, only what helps them continue to hold their beliefs.

So... no?

Trap bars are the shit. Fucc a straight bar diddly

see
and they wouldn’t be able to achieve a greater peak velocity for the same weight without a greater sustained force over time it’s FUCKING IMPLIED SHOO

no of course it isn't

the force output by the muscle to lift x weight will take into account things like angles, efficiency etc - which would otherwise bias towards the trap bar

force is a measure of muscle contraction

I warm up with 600 and I haven't touched any bar in my life
Square up, nigga

It does if your form is ass

Actually recent study shows that running long fistances has a protective effect on your spine. Thickens intervetebral connective tissues.

This is a quality post user. Have a (you)

genuinely curious, how would one measure peak force of a lift if not by the FORCE of gravity which was overcome?
>inb4 pay for the article

When I do the conventional deadlift my lower back is the most activated muscle. Is this normal? I keep hearing that I should be lifting with my hips/glutes/hamstrings but I can't get any activation in those areas. To me, the deadlift is a lower back movement.

electrical response across muscles usually

>ignoring advice from true and experienced lifters like the worlds strongest man

In favor of

>a collection of random and anonymous 19/20 yo dyels meming on a Taiwanese image board.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm let me think on that.

I love the trap bar and don't care who knows it.

>I tore both my hip abductors when I was new to the gym trying to squat 2pl8 like a fucking retard
Were you wearing flip-flops and jeans?

Ah, I see that you don't even lift.

then you're probably not doing it right.
make sure you're keeping a straight back throughout the movement (not hollow nor rounded, just straight) by focusing on engaging your core.
if you can't do this off the floor, start with the bar higher (look up block pulls).

This has been a wonderful thread so far.

Excessive running in any form absolutely destroys your spine and hip rotary.
Don't listen to any of those faggots who say otherwise.
Running a few times a week is a-ok.

In the military I was expected to sprint, run, hike, ruck, long distance run, ontop of all the other crazy excessive movements done from any other workout. Five times a week and workout on the weekends to do even better at things I needed to improve on.
Add in high stress, low sleep quality, and in general not a lot of sleep.

Guaranteed to fuck you up.
Those people who last twenty+ years are either lucky or didn't have it that hard in the first place.

Lots of bridges and hyperextensions.

t-thanks, now please shoo

lmao faggot

I was not.