Motivation

How do I come back to lifting after I lost all my gains? About 2 years ago I hurt my back by herniating a disk and I've completely lost any will to lift and also lost all my gains (about 30lbs of muscle). I've been going to the gym on and off for the past year but it's been like 3 months since I last set foot in the gym and I really want to get back into it. The problem is that every time I go I just feel more and more demotivated to lift since I was so strong before and any progress I make just feels pointless since it's technically not a PR and I'm no where near where I used to be. Has anyone else gone through this and made it back?

Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

breakingmuscle.com/fitness/a-safe-system-for-heavy-lifting-after-a-disc-bulge
youtube.com/watch?v=AfMbN_MzCpw
thelastpsychiatrist.com/2010/09/when_was_the_last_time_you_got.html
mobile.twitter.com/HollyWould_x/media?lang=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Faggot I have two herniated discs and I've gained 10kg of mainly muscle in the years I've had them. Just do a bodybuilding routine that avoids lower back stress and learn how to use body weight and real physio exercises to repair them. There's a guy called Andrew Lock who has some articles on breaking muscle that gives a good 2 month general program For fixing them. Mine don't hurt at all anymore. I avoid heavy squats and do Yates rows instead of bent over. I heavy deadlift very occasionally. I'm fine. You CAN fix herniated discs. They don't have to be permanent.

Be that guy with a notebook who writes down his weights and reps

They're just numbers. Seeing them go up will motivate you.

Motivation? I don't even need a preworkout since I run on pure hatred

breakingmuscle.com/fitness/a-safe-system-for-heavy-lifting-after-a-disc-bulge

I used cardio to get back into fitness after I got bad tendinitis in my right arm and slowly moved back in weightlifting

three herniated disks. couldn't walk for 6 months.

don't be a pussy.

To continue you need to forget about PRs on exercises that stress ur lower back for the time being. But you'll still be able to hit PRs on other stuff. Pull ups with your core tensed don't stress your back for example. Curls (curls are gay but whatever), dips, barbell glute bridges. Loads of stuff you can do with a herniated disc. Stop thinking like a power lifter and think like a body builder. Dorian Yates' lower back was completely fucked hence his invention of the Yates row. He also had a torn bicep and bad hips. He stopped back squatting completely and just figured out workarounds for his injuries that still allowed him to win Mr Universe a few more times before retiring.

Stop lifting for gains only, love the struggle more. Or find a friend to go with. Also, post more pic relateds to pic unrelated.

Don't think about where you were before. Think of each increase in weights as a new "post-injury PR".

Love me some thick girls god damn

I'm not sure why I read that but holy shit I really needed that pic right now, thanks lad. My ex cheated and it feels like such a bad thing that we are apart now but I realize it's just my head missing that stability. Time for some change lads.

youtube.com/watch?v=AfMbN_MzCpw

Embrace it brotherman.

The fear is there for a reason but it's nothing you need to worry about right now.

TLP baybeeee

wow that's some good analysis

I hope that's not some redpill/white power shit

Link to the original?

Stop being a bigger, more fuckable bitch than pic related. Goddamn OP just make a schedule and get IN the gym 4x a week.

What is with roasties not putting fucking cases on their phones?

lmao at this pic

KEK

Fucking hell, this is a hard redpill

who is this semen demon?

thelastpsychiatrist.com/2010/09/when_was_the_last_time_you_got.html

Listen bro, maybe you just need a change in tact. Maybe you should try getting as defined as possible at lower weights before getting back into what you're used to. If you set a goal that you've never approached at all before, you might just reinvigorate your motivation.
If that's not something you're interested in, then keep this in mind: the only way to beat depression is to do something, anything. Get the dopamine flowing. Once you start doing something small, before you know it, you're gonna automatically start escalating back into your old routine. I've used this strategy before. It works. A big job isn't necessarily hard if you divide into small parts.

this is one of the sexist pics i've ever seen

it made me question my current romantic relationship

thx bro...

Never thought I’d see TLP on here..

GIB PUFFY PUSSY GF NOW ;_;

Seriously, why do people fucking do this? Why can't you just do it on your phone like a normal person? Do they need the attention that bad

I was in a car crash and took a 2 year lifting hiatus, after 6 months back I'm nearly as strong as I was before the crash even though I had been training for nearly 3 years at that point, thing is I started right out of the gate after my injury already knowing how to train and with proper form burned into by CNS so I'm making gains faster than I ever thought possible, literally a week or two off of life time PRs in nearly every lift and I had a guy at my gym ask me what gear I'm on

People do it because it’s easier

Easier than a phone? I don't think so

Are you retarded? It’s just putting a pencil to paper

My point is it looks retarded and it's completely unnecessary when you can use your phone for that

Anyone got more of this grill?

dude makes some good points, but christ dude, we get it - DD is an archetype. Isn't that what all heroes are, real or not? The archetype isn't fake even if the character is

>Giving a shit what other people think either way
Not gonna make it.

OP, you can do nothing or go to the gym, time will pass either way. So you might as well get back to it. Forget what you were. Focus on being better than you are currently, that's all lifting really is.

It does suck, but what else are you gonna do?

god damn I want to fondle that shit

Spotted the kid that grew up with smart phones.

Imagine being that guy that's always on his phone in the gym.

congrats, you're a dipshit

listening to tracey chapman fast cars while i read this...kind of hit me on the head

what is this horseshit

it gave me headache

OP here just got back from the gym for the first time in months, it sucked but it's better than being a lazy piece of shit. I appreciate the quality replys from all

Oh and here's the girl from pic mobile.twitter.com/HollyWould_x/media?lang=en

>mobile.twitter.com/HollyWould_x/media?lang=en

damn, my imagination was better.

Nice job OP, gonna make it.

Spotted the old baby boomer faggot that cant adjust to new technology. Just fucking die already grandpa

As if I do it for fucking attention you fucking faggot.

the perfect amount of THICC

I don't write down my reps/weight, but if I did, I would use pen/paper. It is way better then greasing up my 1000+ dollar phone with sweat at the gym, and I also can just throw a number in with a flick of a pen rather than having to:

>Unlock homescreen
>Fucking thumbprint doesn't read because sweat
>Enter lock code, sweaty fingers making it harder
>Open an app
>Use my thumbs to navigate to the relevant place
>Enter the number
>Relock the phone

All that time could have been spent lifting you fucking DYEL faggot.

This. Best sessions are the angry ones.

Have you ever had a sexual frustration self loathing workout?
Pure fucking bliss

>when your in a sexual frustration self loathing workout and see a couple kiss in your line of sight

>see couples working out at the gym
>27 and never had the privilege of going on a date
>they're laughing and she's giving him eyes that no girl has ever given me
>think about how I'm going to go home alone while he fucks the person who shares mutual feelings for
>think about eating nasty ass chicken breast and broccoli measured on a digital scale while he eats what ever he wants, probably burger king
>torture myself at the gym
>block everything out in my mind, clear it completely
>put on some ambient music
>see bird wings and a silver line
>body goes numbs and all i can feel is hatred,pain,rejection throbbing flowing through my chest and into appendages
Awesome feels. I think i tapped into my Chakras

Do you not know what girls want you autist?

>you aren't even lying to yourself; you are being lied to by yourself

u wot m8

went through this and never made it back to wjere my strength was. had to change training styles so there was more work to strwngthen the lower back, but with low risk excercises.

no back squats, only front squats and lunges. no deadlifts, pnly back extensions (and after a long time stiff legged romanian deadlifts on pons below the knee)

fond what works for you, you can definitely reach your previpus level of size, but strength is a no go, unless you rehab for a year and start roiding.

It's called catharsis, but sounds like it's coming from a negative place. Lifting can only be a band aid if you let it, heal those internal wounds user. But only after being strong.

Anyone know why The Last Psychiatrist stopped writing?

These are probably the same faggots that don't have ez pass on their car because "lulz don't need it i has cash derp derp" fucking idiots

What the fuck is ez pass and why does it sound like degenerate nigger capitalist tomfoolery?

He got better

toll tag
>zero steps
cash
>more than zero steps

phone
>seven steps
paper
>less than seven steps

solid comparison there, fucko. keep sucking that dick though, bet you feel real cool and futuristic scanning and bagging your own fucking groceries

It is actually a very solid comparison. Do you also write notes on a notebook instead of typing it into a laptop because "derp so easy derp" even though you can type WAY fucking faster and can store it on a cloud? People like you are exactly what is wrong with this world.

I know he was doxed, not sure if that's the reason though

Not the other poster, but I used an iPass when I drove on tollways, I used a laptop to take notes in college, and I track sets on a notepad. It's all about appropriate technology, why are you still arguing? You don't make sense.

Oh sweetie, do you actually think you can type five words faster on a smartphone than jotting it down on an already-open notepad? You're confusing being anti-technology with not being a fucking retard.

high test womyn motivate me

>you are not lying to yourself, you are being lied to by yourself

sasuga jpg-kun

Jesus Christ have mercy on your soul.
Please stop posting.

"Don't trust your negative instincts" in retard speak

that's a big ass

How do I pull out of this nosedive? I was doing so good!

:(

Is this the non-shopped verison?

stop thinking about your mistakes and get back into focusing on the things you want to happen.

go outside for a while, to a place where u can relax, cool down, you'll feel fresh and you can start again

guilty, works great though.

hate doing it on my phone.

why wouldn't you make it back bro? yeah you had a bad setback, but you know for a fact you are capable of what you did before, so what's the shame in reaching and breaking that point again? nobody judges in the gym, only yourself. remove that judgement and be satisfied in progress yet again.

i have a 2000 dollar phone i get sweat on it all the time i dont give a shit. 2 grand is nothing to me.

Lol this is some SJW 'I got PTSD from a man being in my vicinity' level of bullshit and some anons are falling for it.
>>>tumblr

This entire text is just proof that women are fucking stupid and need to be told what to do. If a man is not there to give women orders, the woman will make dumb fucking decisions non stop.

Women do this shit way more often than men. What she described with way too many words and tangents was an overly possessive partner. And most people are guilty of that to some degree if they care about their relationship. The difference is some people recognize it and pull back a little and give their partner more freedom.

Only a rabid feminist like the author of the pic would assume this is automatically abusive behavior by a man who wants to hold down a woman because hurr durr patriarchy.

for you.

whoever wrote this should be shot in the head, jesus christ

Whoever is writing all of this shit you are uploading is a retard who knows nothing.
Complete fucking nonsense.

wow, cool. then 1 cent of paper is worth nothing to you also

I think the retard is referring to paywave cards.

2 years ago I fucked up my sternum from benching too heavy. Now I just hit a new PR and bigger than ever.

Anyone can come back.

>didn't understand the text
It's an essay about how you resist change even when that change would be for the better. The boyfriend thing is an analogy.

Brainlets.

You're the brainlet for thinking it was some enlightened and complex essay. You must be the writer yourself because it was absolute trash.

This guy literally worships himself.

Thanks dubs, I’m trying but every time I think I’ve stabilized something happens that sends me right back down again. I thought thanksgiving would clear my head but so far, nothing.

When I get home, I’m going to make to make myself hit the gym first thing. I know it will make me feel better. I just hope I can stick with it.

what if you just do it after each exercise - ie - 3x10 on bench of whatever weight?

are you me, baby boy

The reading comprehension of a wee baby.

it's still droning garbage , i could only read a third

Bump for high test bitches.

Easy to forget that I share this board with some of the dumbest people on the internet.

The fact that you only read a third actually explains a lot. I'm sure your attention span is more specialized for comprehending short blurbs of info, not something as long as a short newspaper column like TLPs posts.
I bet you got most of your opinions from youtube and infographics and think you're redpilled

>What is with roasties not putting fucking cases on their phones?
found the soyboy

cases are useless