EATING DISORDERS

Anyone suffering from an eating disorder such as anorexia, orthorexia,bulimia,binge eating disorder etc? Opinions,helpful tips, general discussion is encouraged I’m genuinely curious as to how many of you know much about eating disorders. I’m assuming they’re probably rampant amongst users of this board. Pic also isn’t me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IJGIMd3_LfY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I used to have one. I was anorexic. I don't know what kind of advice to offer you... I started to look up recovery help websites and went to a therapist.

like 90% of this place has body dysmorphia or some kind of diagnosible restrictive eating disorder

Oh, I also am having trouble eating now even though I'm training to gain :( its not body dysmorphia, it's just anxiety I think

Not a constant problem but still not easy to deal with

I’m a picky eater, don’t know if that counts

unsaturated fat + fructose is notably obesogenic

have some donuts or something for calories

it does. selective eating disorder.

spent a while in an institution. some of the people there had eating disorders. shit was fucked. the staff had to constantly stop them from squatting in the showers and power walking.

I don't really know what advice to give you because its such a complex condition. it's not like treating depression.

Thanks! I just get worried about eating too much sugar and shit. I want to eat a lot, but I also don't want to eat shit that's terrible for me

I could go for a few donuts though

Yeah. My friend had to go to an eating disorder treatment center

I used to be 115 lbs, which isn’t underweight for 5’ y’all but I saw myself as morbidly obese, I didn’t leave the house without sleeves and pants on for five years. I’m 125 lbs, thicc and happy about myself. Get naked and cry. Shout at yourself. Hold yourself. Stroke your own hair, even arm hairs and leg hairs. Value your presence and your consciousness as a part of the collective.

*5’ tall

this is fascinating.

Bulimia

Watch America Dad S2E2. It'll give a great insight into eating disorders.

Looks like your average Veeky Forums thinspo poster

What I do (one meal a day) would be normally characterized as a eating disorder but for me it's just what works. Before I joined military was classic beta male 200 lb plain fat. Now since I got out I've maintained 170 and the one meal a day thing I picked up and seem overall balanced since it gives my body time to process and expel everything I intake. Do what works for you.

Ex anorexia type two purging here

What do you want to know?

I used to have binge eating problems, i looked ar the girls i wanted to have sex with then i looked at the mirror, then i imagined.. abs, chest, arms, back, thats how i went doen tk 73 kg from 98 kgs, i got naturally wide hips, face genetics and chest genetics are gucci but i gotts br extra careful with food

got dat dere bulimia. not fun. hiding it is harder than the actual puking.

Don't really come to Veeky Forums at all but i figured this would be an ok place to get some advice.
My parents are suspicious im starting to develop an eating disorder because every day i just eat less and less. The only thing i ate today was just one biscuit. Any more than one small meal and i feel incredibly guilty. And it can be a serious issue too, since having low blood sugar effects how i function very badly.
For me, i don't think it's an insecurity thing, i'm happier with my body now than i've ever been. I think it's more that i like being in control of something, or more of a self punishment thing since I like to keep this confident facade at all times and have no other way to express my emotions without looking like i just want attention.
It's just scary because this is a recent thing, only been happening for a month or two, so I don't know if it's just some weird thing i'm going through or something.
Should I seek help? If any anons have any advice please feel free to share, this is all new to me.

This made me kek just imagining a bunch of skellies aggressively squatting and speedwalking everywhere

>5'9
>114lbs or 52kg
I haven't been diagnosed with anything but I'm severely underweight. It's hard for me to eat more than 1 meal a day. Trying my best though.

try to "progressive overload" your diet, as in if you can only eat one meal, try one meal then half a sandwich later, then maybe a full sandwich, then a sandwich + something else, and so on. eventually you'll get to multiple meals, thus gaining weight

Huh, that sounds like a good idea. I'll try it, thanks user.

Binge eater here.

Love tasty shit and food in general so I usually indulge, did IF for sometime in my youth without even knowing and before it became a meme, which fucked my shit up even further, now I usually eat once a day, and I stuff my face so hard it causes me physical pain and affects my heart rhythm to the point where I want to swear off eating, only to start the cycle anew the next day.

Never ever let your kids be fat, ever.

And for the fags that have trouble downing enough calories, you can always count on calorie dense shit like peanut butter, bananas, milk, most nuts, good oils, etc, to push you forward, some of that shit goes so well together you can make a big ass shake and down it every day to bulk up.

Also your stomach does expand and grow in size, downing more food each time you eat will force it to grow to accommodate, so if you have trouble eating past a certain amount of food consider it like training, and eat a little more each time.

Sounds like an area out of dark souls

I'm 6'4" and 155lbs, with diagnosed OCD that I fear is bordering on becoming an eating disorder

You should fix your other issues first.
If its a control or punishment thing as you say, you probably feel out of control in other aspects of your life.

Rexie here. I know it sounds funny but this is actually how it manifests itself.
I am 6'2, 110lbs and pretty fucked up mentally, and will ALWAYS try to squeeze in excess workouts where I can. Just some examples

>Never walk anywhere, has to be a power walk
>Never get public transport or a car for any journey under 5 miles, have to walk
>Have to jump out of bed
>Make sure I spend at least 50% of my time sitting wiggling my legs
>When I eat tie small baking beads to my spoon and fork to make them heavier to burn calories
>Only eat fruits and veggies that have to be peeled first because it burns calories
>Jog on the spot when I cook dinner (I don't use oil so won't burn myself too badly if I slip)
>Set myself a target of at least 30 minutes per day below chest level (so basically in a squat position)
>Pretend I am personally in control of the clouds so if it isn't sunny will wave and pretend I am clearing them so the sun will come out, to give myself en excuse for exercise (I am mentally unstable enough that sometimes I actually believe it)
>Give at least 50% of the food I buy to food banks
>Half of my calories come from my own urine which I pretend contains the same amount of calories as the food I ate before I peed so if I have 500 calories then pee, I drink the pee and pretend I ate 1000 calories that day

Its pretty fucked haha

help me bros i can only eat cheesy potatoes

youtube.com/watch?v=IJGIMd3_LfY

Sounds like torture man. Sorry to hear that.

Went from 343 to my current 235 in 2 years, the first year went perfectly fine with a OMAD diet of high protein medium fat and very low carbs (20-30g) i was having 1300-1600 calories a day on that one meal and it was a breeze, after 13 months of strictly no carbs my cravings were 100% gone, the house could be full of candies and pastries and i'd just ignore it all and eat my chicken and veggies.

I got into college and stress/social eating made me slowly developed bad habits again, so i binged and threw up a lot, for like 5 months, to the point were my hair which was thicc af started thinning and falling out. Balloned up to 280 and got back on track in august.

I'm still losing weight, i really want to get below 220 before new years eve, fasting has helped a lot to control binges

For some reason I always wanted to fuvk a Ana girl

Raziel... the Abyss has been unkind.

girls should be skinny. fat girls are the worst.

>Opinions,helpful tips

there's only one decent tip when it comes to eating disorders and that's go and see a goddamn doctor. nutrition is too important not to take seriously in case of eating disorders. it can fuck with your body in the long term and it can fuck with your perception of life in general. the problems associated with eating disorders should never be handled alone and since friends and family can usually not get through to people with eating disorders, a doctor is the best choice

t. someone who had several female friends with eating disorders

>diagnosible restrictive eating disorder

eating only healthy foods every day while occasionally eating unhealthy food doesn't qualify as restrictive eating

weird, non-standard definitions of "healthy food" does. esting it in unusual quantities does. obsessively measuring it ti control calories does.

bingeing on junk food does.

what the fuck are retards on this board doing? I just pay attention to eating a lot of vitamins, carbs and protein while trying to get a calorie surplus. counting calories is for fat women and professional bodybuilders, jesus christ.

>lots of protein
>lots of vitamins
>chronic calorie surplus

could be considered "disordered"

100-140g of protein barely sounds like a disorder. apparently, you like to confuse the terms disordered and disciplined

"abnormal behavior" is literally what "disordered" means, kiddo.

You can beat it, we're all gonna make it. much love

I watched the Louis Theroux documentary on anorexia and thats literally how they all described themselves. I would seek help if I were you. Once this thing becomes normalised and entrenched in your mind its very hard to get rid of.

Jesus. You've probably already heard this from others, but take it from us, seek help :'(

Holy shit, that may be the craziest stuff I have ever read in a decade on Veeky Forums. Please get some help user!

>tying stuff to your spoon and fork to make them heavier to burn calories
>drinking own piss and pretending it has the same calories as food you ate

You probably need...meds and counseling and maybe inpatient monitoring or some shit, or you are seriously going to die.

Who's the fat chick, OP?

It's all about the face and hungry skeletons are more unnatractive to women that chubby guys (srs).

Yes. I was anorexic when I was 14-16, went down to 6'4 140lbs. What was worse was the concurrent drug addiction.

Same goes for women fyi

You are about to walk down a dark path. Walk away and get help now.

how does one go about getting an eating disorder? preferably bulimia so I can still stuff my face. also I don't want meth teeth.

does veganism count as an eating disorder?

FYI phone posting:
Ex-anorexic here, developed (still have) body dysmorphia around 15 which slowly morphed into me eating less and less until finally full blown anorexic eating sub 400cal a day & running for hours @ 17; it's crazy to think I was 115 at 5'9 a year ago. It's getting better but I still struggle with it, honestly what helped me was being put in a weight lifting class by a fluke my senior year which got me into lifting until I finally realized last April I needed to eat big to get big unironically. I'm 145 and getting better everyday, we're all gonna make it guys, it's exhausting to be constantly thinking about food and for me how my belly was even slightly distended, get help if you need it, PLEASE.

>haha

Also:

>Half of my calories come from my own urine which I pretend contains the same amount of calories as the food I ate before I peed so if I have 500 calories then pee, I drink the pee and pretend I ate 1000 calories that day

Jesus Christ, man.

how to get a defined jaw like that

>*ratttle*

Yes

alright mr. armchair doctor. for fuck's sake, get out, you literally no idea what you're talking about

>thinks eating disorders can only be severe

No, i am unable to lose anymore weight at 6ft tall and 186lbs. Due to laziness and no real motivation. Was 240 a few years ago, i look normal enough now that i don't feel bad enough to have that "hate yourself so much" motivation. Really would like to lose like 10-15lbs.

Anorexic with binge/purge subtype, but I feel too fat to be anorexic (5'0 and 115 lbs). Nearly everyone in my friend group has concerns about their weight and I'm convinced one is actually atypically anorexic, so I'm hating myself every time I hang out with them, like today.
Makes it even better that I'm ugly too lmaooo

It was actually really sad. The kids who were "extreme cases" were driven around in golf carts until they could be trusted not to powerwalk. Alot of them got force fed through the nose because they refused to eat. shit was nasty

been dealing with anorexia by myself for ten years

i'm now 20

up until i was about 17 anorexia consumed my life and the thought of being the skinniest person i knew gave me some sense of value. when i grew up i realized how wrong that is and how much i have probably fucked up my body. until i was 17 i weighed 90 pounds at 5'4.

when i realized that being the skinniest is no achievement, i began to really try to eat. now i'm up to 110 pounds, but i did fuck myself up big time. i probably should seek counseling for this but i'm not ready, and i'm not totally convinced a doctor could help me.

i think i'm afraid of food. every time i think about it or put it in my mouth i become nauseous but i know i just have to swallow it. thinking of food disgusts me, watching people eat disgusts me, and i wish it were not apart of life at all

>5'4
Fucking manlets
(You should get an appointment with a psychiatrist)

how can you be "too lazy" to lose weight?

if you were lazy, you wouldn't have the motivation to eat. Eating requires conscious effort on your part, therefore you're consciously doing this. If you have to eat all the time that's called being a mentally weak faggot, not being lazy. Literally all you have to do to fix your problem is not eat.

I unironically wish you all the best, user. I had severe OCD and suffered a lot but I reached out for help and now I'm doing much better. I hope you're better soon too.

Big meals and food taste good, what can i say. I make sure that i don't eat so much that i would gain a ton of weight. Just to hover around 182-188lbs. What effort does eating really require, it gives you pleasure which is more of a payoff then the energy expended for most people.

>What effort does eating really require, it gives you pleasure which is more of a payoff then the energy expended for most people.
>it gives you pleasure

for people with eating disorders it doesn't. I could understand being too lazy to not eat if you don't like it.

Thanks guys, i'll do my best to get help and do better. I think solving the other issues like you say will definitely help

Yeah I'm suffering from eating too much oats and peanutbutter on my cut.