Water fasting 3 days per week? 1500 calories otherdays?

Hey Veeky Forums

I think it would be sustainable for me to water fast mon-wed and eat 1500 calories on the other days, I'm 110kg / 242lbs and I want to lose as much weight as possible.

Last week I managed to fast 3 days and it wasn't too bad, on the last day my whole body felt a bit weak but it was tolerable.

Thoughts? How much pure fat could I lose doing this?

bump

Fasting works better over longer durations.

For example, fast mon-wed eat thru-sun. In that case, if you can stay under 1500 calories (which for me is tough cause my body likes to replace what I lost) then it's a good regime and over a couple months you'll benefit in many ways.

Every other day is good, but the other option provides more benefit. I'd prefer IF. Remember every body is different so you should know more then I do as to whether it's a good diet.

just do intermittent fasting, weights everyday, and cardio and or HIIT 2-3 times a week (after lifting)

fasting 3 straight days every week is unsustainable

and even if you were able to do it, you would look bad, since you can't build any muscle while doing that

since you're already pretty fat you have the potential to gain a lot of muscle even while losing weight

please dont do this, you are gonna fuck up your body beyond belief and lose a lot of muscle, and when you put your body at an intense deficit it slows down fat loss. Eat 3 balanced meals with lots of protein and start hitting the gym and you will see way better fat loss and actually get some muscle while at it.

i'm already super weak and lacking of muscle to begin with though, sure i can gain some strength on a cut but I'd prefer to just lose as much fat and get as lean as possible as soon as possible

how much weight you lost last week?

OP you are fat.
You dont need to eat. Your fat is your food.
Dont fast for 3 days. Fast for 30 days,lose 25kg during that and then focus on building muscle. Much better than torturing yourself for half a year on 1500 calories

and not eating isn't tortrure?

no fatso, discipline isn't torture.

2nd and 4th days are usually the worst ones, it gets easier later on. If it doesn't, stop immediately

At 100 hours and feeling fine as fuck. Not even hunry

>gain a lot of muscle even while losing weight
wut

The thing with fasting is that it's not as hard as you would think once you really commit to it and train your brain to cope with it. Once you start opening up the option of breaking your fast and thinking about eating your mind goes CRAZY and you become overtaken by cravings. But if you keep your willpower strong and stay determined to keep on track you can keep the cravings at bay. It also really helps to keep away from any food, sight and especially smell can really throw you off.

>good goy

One day a week is easily enough If youre workouts are hard enough too.

I started chubby and know this myself. Lost fat really fast that way and gained a lot

I've done omad for a week and a half and went from 95kg to 92. Bench press has gone from lmao 2 plate down to 85kg already.

6-7 days of water fasting seem to be optimal from that chart I saw some time ago.

go OMAD and then fast for 2 or 3 days every week.

heck simply fasting 2 days a week and then eating normally the rest of the week has shown to produce health benefits.

How should you do a week long fast?

Dude, you need electrolytes if you are going to fast for more than 48 hrs. You should lurk /fast/. Look it up in the archives.

Dont eat and drink water with salt (potassium chloride and sodium chloride)

>fasting 3 straight days every week is unsustainable
First off, it is easily sustainable. Second... nobody wants to indefinitely sustain it, once you're at goal weight.

complete abstinence is easier than perfect moderation

When you're fasting you don't want to artificially restrict your calories on eating days because caloric restriction lowers your metabolic rate.

Eating to satiety and then fasting the next day is a proven long-term weight loss strategy.