Just over a month till the New Year gym rush

>Just over a month till the New Year gym rush

Shit is already underway at my gym. They ran a pre-Thanksgiving "work off the turkey" promotion. So many flabby moms and dads in brand new gym gear.....

can't wait for the DYEL hunting season tbqhfamalamadingdong

Finally I'll look big :^)

>hey, you done benching?
>just start unrecking his weights

the way I deal with NY dyels

don't remind me user the gym will be absolute dogshit until march

i always wonder what the people who start these autism threads actually look like?

this is why i'm getting a bench and oly bar.
so i can lift at home

>just over a month to no sir comic

me 2 tbqhfamilia

shouldn't that be "work off the mashed potatoes and pecan pie"?

Hopefully I'm strong enough to press some DYEL's squat weight this year

Is he not doing one this year?
Damn

I'm in a powerlifting gym so I doubt we'll have many noobies.

>New Year gym rush
i love living in a wealthy area where everyone works out anyway. pretty much no change in gym population.

Why would someone come on Veeky Forums and just lie like that.

>only one squat rack
>already a lot of competition
>new year will make it worse
How do I stand my ground without hurting the dyels?

Ask to work with them. Load up loads off weight and after the first set they will be too embarrassed to take it off again and just leave.

It already started at my golds.

Walked in yesterday at my usual time, and there were a good 30-40 extra people in there, and none of them I have ever seen.

Most of them were dyel teens flexing in the mirrors and taking pics for instagram. The rest were random old people that just leave shit lying around everywhere like rude cunts.

Don't do this user. This is what Brad would do

This. I live in a pretty rich area populated mainly by old white people, and there was an enormous rush of old fuckers at my golds, and their grandchildren they brought in as guests. Shit was a madhouse.

Its almost summer here so it had already started. I go to the gym at 4am so it doesn't affect me but i do see a lot more people start coming in at 6am as I'm about to leave.

This will be my first NYR rush. Been lifting for 6 months now. What do I expect? How do I assert my dominance?

are there not a lot of gyms there? my folks live in a pretty nice area and there's like 3 or 4 of the big commercial gyms and a handful of independent ones within a couple miles. (also rich, mostly white). you either never lift and won't go during new years or you already are a gymgoer so it doesn't really affect new years rush.

Take one under your wing. Make sure they succeed. You'll be a better person and make a new friend while you're at it.

weird.

don't do this, user.

Or ask to work in with another regular, so that you can both collectively scare off the dyels

>Gym is the basement of an 1970's era soviet block
>The entrance is shady as fuck, completly unkempt, no lights, a dirty ladder and some rusty tools with a downwards flight of stairs, each step too short for modern standards
>90s era techno banging non-stop

This scares off anybody who thinks gyms are for roid-using criminals.
Which is mostly true with this gym, only they're all cool old guys since it's been almost 30 years since the fall of communism.

>tfw no shady basement gym in your area
I just want to go into a dark pit and lift weights without gym thots.

They usually go for about a week then give up at my gym. I understand this pays the gym’s bills and not me and the other Saturday night special gymcels. Also there are also a few more girls to boost test.

Interested, what is the name of this gym?

Planet fitness

>Gym is literally in a nuclear bomb shelter
>Shady af sign next to the entrance
I think I'm fine

His last one was already shit and he said he doesn't have the time or will do put effort into them anymore.

>a repugnant speech
Yeah because nothing better than putting 8 kids out there when you can't even sustain yourself.

Where is this located?

>not being homegym masterrace
Enjoy contracting skin diseases from the unwashed masses

Look at this faggot trying to be helpful and positive
I'll be flexing my muscles routinely and being as loud as possible, tossing weights down, and "talking to myself" in the mirror about how I think people need to do better

Shit user, I think we go to the same gym

WHY THE FUCK PEOPLE THINK THAT ONLY GOING TO THE GYM IS ENOUGH TO LOSE WEIGHT?
RÉEEEEEEEEEEE
I fucking hate this
People get in the gym and start eating salads here and there and think "oh, now im gonna get fit and lose weight haha look at me" and dont change anything else about their habits, thinking only going to the gym is enough and they will transform into this magical fitness creature
[spoiler]and then they drop it and say they will do it next year[/spoiler]

These fatfucks don't even go to the gym
They just hop on the bike machine for 15 minutes work up a light sweat then call it a day.
I've heard so many countless times from amerilards here that "I worked out today, I can afford to eat this krispy Kreme."
A vast majority of Americans are just pathetic no other way to describe it.