Mixed grip vs double overhand deadlift

The gr8 deb8

I can lift heavier weight much easier with mixed but i make sure to switch rips every set so as to not develop inbalances

but why does Blaha do double overhand then?

because he is stronger than me

Overhand obviously
Mixed grip is a way to snap city, use straps if you can't handle the weight or practice hook

If you want to lift heavier, pull mixed grip.

If you are not natural, and therefore risk tearing a bicep, or mixed grip doesn't work for you (you twist significantly during your deadlifts) do hook grip.

Double overhand until your grip can't keep up then use straps

pmsl at DYELs who think they're superior for using double over hand with bitch weight

Double overhand for them forearm and grip gains.

I don't think this is much of a debate since mixed isn't an alternative to double overhand, it's one of the choices you have when your double overhand is no longer strong enough. The other choices are hook grip and straps, so the thread should be about mixed vs hook vs straps.

This one isn't really a debate though. Double overhand is better by far. Just most people can't handle their max weight without the bar spinning. So your warmup should be double overhand, and when your grip screws you over, you swap to double overhand to finish your workout.

The real debate is hook grip vs mixed grip. I for one plan to trap those hook gripping bastards in the manlet pit and let them be devoured.

Trumps a dick

I've never seen a bicep tear while using double overhand, however mixed? Not so much.

Try to youtube that shit. Looks painful

Trumps a good guy

I don't think he lifts tho

Double overhand deadlift Jeez

Since when blaha uses double overhand? He does mixed and doesn't like hook.

Double overhand with hook

This way you're strengthening grip too for better jerk off sessions

straps for now because forearmlet with easily aggravated lifter's elbow in left arm. Currently no access to a trap bar, farmer's walks equipment or even a neutral grip pullup station. FML

>Mixed grip

I have tiny hands. Is hook grip pretty much out of the picture for me?

mixed feels wrong to me even though being easier
it's like cheating

No hands grip