Low Test

Just got test scores back and while I'm not low enough for test replacement, I'm far below average. My score is the same as the highest scoring SoyGuy, even though I work out 3-4 times per week and maintain a diet of mostly protein and vegetables. What does this mean for me and what are some natural ways to boost test?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26844009
roguehealthandfitness.com/?s=testosterone
lipidworld.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1476-511X-10-158
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you're not low test.

For reference, I'm 20 years old.

My test is way below average for males of my age. I'm not low test technically, but that only tells you how fucked up the range is. Someone can have twice my test score, and they'd still be considered "within normal".

There’s no natural way to boost it unless you’re currently deficient in vitamin D or zinc

There is more to it. Thyroid, E2, LH, FSH, SHBG for free T, prolactin and progrestarone if you have abnormalities in chest region. My levels are like yours, same age. I'm on Clomid but that does nothing but my thyroid isn't working well so I'll try to fix that and see how it influences testosterone and my well being. You have to find which part isn't working well (testicles/pituitary gland)

You're a retard and you're not low test. You simply don't understand how normal reference ranges work or are established and its ridiculous to assume you're 'low test' just because you are below the average value. Please just kill yourself.
If you wanna hop on a cruise or something go ahead but don't fucking look for the hurrr low test excuse.

This is a bullshit statistic that's been confirmed WRONG and people just repost it to perpetuate the low test meme.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26419465
Also www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25295520

Eat my onions!

Im decently muscular but have 0 ZERO fucking libido. Dont even wanna jerk off. Wondering if my T is dicked

Testosterone fluctuates heavily in the course of the day.

>Circadian rhythms can have an impact on many bodily functions, and testosterone levels are no exception. Normally, they are highest in the morning, usually at about 8 a.m. A man's testosterone levels then decline throughout the rest of the day, reaching a low point before bedtime--the theory being that he does not need testosterone while he sleeps. The day's events can change this pattern, however.

In the exact same situation OP. I had 387. I started taking 50mg clomid every day, balls feel way bigger.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26844009

>BACKGROUND:
Obesity has been associated with low testosterone (T) in adult males and in pubertal boys. Therapy for hypogonadism with exogenous T may lead to testicular atrophy and later infertility. Only a few studies have demonstrated that the Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator (SERM) clomiphene citrate (CC), an estrogen receptor antagonist, increases T in obese hypogonadal men while preventing testicular atrophy. No studies to date using CC have been done in younger obese post-pubertal hypogonadal males.
OBJECTIVE:
To determine whether CC therapy is effective in increasing serum T levels in hypogonadal post-pubertal obese males 18-21 years.
MATERIALS AND METHODS:
A retrospective chart analysis of records in obese men aged 18-21 years was done. Patients with early morning T level

>chinese men

roguehealthandfitness.com/?s=testosterone

The Chinese already have low test when compared to other races.

same here man

I'm 20, work out 4-5 times a week, eat a lot of red meat and have sex with my gf regularly
never had libido or any sex problems
always felt good about my hormones, the only reason I'd have low test is perhaps that I'm not hairy at all

I must point out I had drinken during the week before the test and had smoken pot, but I doubt that would double my levels

>386ng

fuck this shit

>363
>doc won't prescribe test
this is one of those situations where it's morally acceptable to doc shop OP

>while I'm not low enough for test replacement, I'm far below average
Just so we're clear, there's no chance in hell you would be prescribed testosterone even if your levels were medically low (which is now around 190 or so, having been lowered recently just to spite people with low test). No matter how low your test level is, if you're young, 99 percent of doctors won't prescribe it.

Damn you are quite the insecure faggot

Please start eating an onion a day and have the test done again a month from now

YOU FUCKING JUDEN!

LIAR!

You're low test, anything below 600ng/dl is not optimal for a young men, Google the solutions.

And to you you fucking Jew, I will fucking murder you you long nosed piece off shit.

I'm 1.5 standard deviations below average. If that's not low test, I don't know what is.

Should i supplement iodine? Its supposed to help the tyroid

I've been trying to see if it works, but I don't know yet.
but if you're gonna take iodine, don't go over a few mg's and always supplement with selenium too.
making sure you're not low in iron is necessary too.

My test scores went back at sub 200 and I'm fairly athletic.
How accurate is a blood test if you're stressed and might have been overtraining?
Does it fluctuate alot?

You got one test test, you need a few more test tests to make sure your test is testing at your daily average.

god damn that is my goal fucking body

routine to acquire a physique like this?

how do i get my test tested? do i just go to the doctor and ask? im in canada if that matters...

your T could jump back too 500~600 if you properly recover.

This desu

Take Vitamin D if deficient
Take Zinc if deficient
Eat more cholesterol
Eat less fat
Sleep at least 8 hours every night, cold room, no light, naked
Lift
Lower cortisol levels (eliminate chronic stressors, meditation is key)
Eat less junk food

Or...roid

Don't you guys have universal health care or something, just walk in and get tested

I didn't mean to say eat less fat, eat less SUGAR and MORE FAT

I got this too and I see people on here with their nofap meme when I can do it for months without even trying.
I miss my teen libido.
T. 24 yo

how to fix

no idea dude ive never asked a doctor for anything... I also dont wanna lie about having no libido or being tired all the time. if i just ask will they give it to me?

upper body only

Are you even a man?

wish i knew

Is that only libido? Do you get any erections? There is also such a thing as being asexual that isn't rare.

How old are you? What's your secret?

Do you have to roid to look like that?

Yes

If you're this much of a pussy about asking, don't even worry about taking a blood test. I can safely tell you right now that your test levels are below 200.

> diet of mostly protein and vegetables
Eat more fat. Cholesterol is a building block of Testosterone. Also get a tan.

>get a tan
why?

Vitamin D. I can look it up (but you should), but a friend sent me an article about a study where they took a bunch of average dudes and made them tan chest and back for 30 minutes a day for 20 or 30 days and there test went up. When the experiment was repeated exposing their dicks to the sun their test went up significantly more.

It can also suppress it.

I've seen contradictive information on it. Maybe just try and eat more seafood and the like.

Also bitamin k2 increases testosterone production in rats (so worth a shot) lipidworld.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1476-511X-10-158

Also red light is supposed to improve test. (References at nottom of page)

I have a similar product which improves libido and definitely counteracts

I'm surprised its not a meme here

Apart from possibly d-aspartame, the consensus is that dietary supplements are junk. I tried a few and they did nothing.

Get your LH and FSH and prolactin tested before going on TRT to identify any pituitary problems.

Get enough quality sleep. Check with a sleep monitor.

Get weight into normalish range not to fat not too thin. Slightly overweight (BMI 27) seems to be harmless.

Fix all infections including tooth decay, and all sources of pain

Moderate amounts of weight bearing exercise, and small-moderate amounts of intense cardio (e.g. HIIT for 30 minutes once a week).

Rest days

Nutritionally rich diet with all micro-nutrients sufficient, also enough protein and fat, probably avoid low carb

Sufficient water

< 5 cups coffee / day

Avoid food and environmental estrogen mimics (suggested list but make your own mind up: factory milk and cheese, soy, BPA plastics, pesticides, recycled birth control pills in the unpurified water supply)
General blood screening for any other problems like anemia

inb4 soy/milk is good for you according to industry sponsored studies.

That's low OP, don't listen to the anons saying it's ok. I'm 34, natty, 725ng/dl. You should be higher than me.

Supplements: good multi-vitamin-mineral + Zinc 15mg, Magnesium, vitamin D 500-1000IU

Ensure enough fat, needed to make cholesterol whichis the raw material of steroids. Don't think a low fat diet is healthy.

I got low test and low lh.
What can I do?
Doctor gave me lowest dose of androgel but didn't say anything about lh.

Got a hormone panel to see if Clomid is option for low LH/FSH. There are ways to restore endogenous function if shortage is not primary hypogonadism.

>eat more cholesterol
Youre right but fellas be careful. Dont clog your arteries.

As long as your within the normal range you're not low test. Being high-normal range or low-normal range makes almost no difference at all. You have enough testosterone for healthy physiological functioning and a little more will not make any difference at all.

Steroids work not because they slightly increase testosterone. Steroids work because they increase by up to 7x-10x (700%-1000%) the normal level. Increasing your test from 368 to 600 (by 60%) isn't going to give you significant muscle gains. Diet an exercise is where it's at.

Not necessarily. Any army aged man with level that low will be symptomatic. And that means more for general health than gains purposes. It harms physically, sexually and cognitively.

Is there a way to know if I'm deficient in vitamin D without exam?

>Are you outside for multiple hours a day in clothing or for at least an hour with minimal clothing in summer or a southern latitude?
you are probably fine, but a small dose (1000iu) wouldn't hurt desu
>Do you live in a northern latitude?
probably deficient
>Is it winter?
Definitely deficient
>Are you not drinking at least two cups of skim milk with vitamin d or whole milk ?
probably deficient

You will not find any study ever that finds that 1000iu d3 is in anyway dangerous or non beneficial, even after taking it for years. 5000ius have been taken under doctor supervision for months and no noticeable negative side effects occured. Huge doses like 50000iu a day have been done under doctor supervision for a week (or maybe weeks cant quite remember) with no negative side effects, though you prolly shoudnt take anywhere near that much just for shits.

TLDR; you should be taking 1000-2000iu

Genetics

I wouldn't do it just yet because of the possible side effects. IE: low fertility, and your own testes won't produce any
I personally had T levels around yours when I was 18. 3 years later I'm the biggest of my group of friends and would have wanted to kill myself if I found out my balls don't work
If you do go the self treatment route, 250mg every 2 weeks of test e is more than enough. Don't go the steroid route just because you're low t

Does a deep voice mean you're high t? I don't want to go to all the trouble of getting a test done, and I have a deep ass voice.