Enlisting in the Navy

Yo Veeky Forums i heard you guys have some god tier advice when it comes to getting buffed. I'm planning on joining the navy and was wondering if you guys have had any experience enlisted or help me out with a workout program.

Me:
5'6
Skinny
Max bench 140
140 pounds
Have a decent endurance
I'm able to swim

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ad675Ex3cRc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You take up less space in a submarine than a regular human.

Youre going to get fasttracked through selection.

fasttracked through selection means they're going to see me and auto put me in a submarine?

How many push ups can you do?
What is your mile and a half run time?
What MOS are you interested in?

DO NOT go nuke/sub.

This song will tell you all you need to know

Navy boot is fucking cake. As long as you're in decent shape you'll be fine.

I can do 25 push ups at any time with no warm up, I need to time my mile and a half run but close to 9 minutes a year ago. I don't really have any specialties other then being very good at speaking and not being a retard. Being IS would be nice

I wanna be a marine corps infantry but I don't want to die and have to fight off other marines giving me shit all the time what should I do?

haha i love this song!

I'll be thinking about this comment while i'm there

I heard nuke/sub get paid the most, with good chance finding a job working in a nuclear power plant in the future.

>Wanting to be cannon fodder
That's literally the entire point of a marine. To die so that you don't lose valuable people

They do. Go nuke sub. Dat nuke power pay, dat sea pay, dat signing bonus, dat reenlistment bonusn.

>i don't want to die
Marines are born to die nigga
If you don't wanna die just train hard. Don't worry, you'll get PT'd to death so that won't be hard. You'll have a lot of fun though, I hope you like to drink and fuck random girls.

>navy
>mos

>If you don't wanna die just train hard.
You must be this ^^ stupid or more to join the military

We're all born to die bruh. It's just that I can't shake this feeling that I'm gonna end up having to deal with some faggot giving me a hard time and then that same person shooting me while my back is turned saying it was friendly fire.

This is correct, however being a MARIN is more of a personal preference. There's plenty of incredibly smart people and important positions in the Marines. Even infantry boys can be brainiacs. You basically need to want that "warrior spirit" and kill shit/possibly die.

Have you talked to a recruiter? It doesn’t really matter what you want to do in the navy until you take the ASVAB. That’ll determine what jobs you’re mentally capable of being allowed to do

So don't go infantry. Marine infantry is notorious for being filled with Mexican gang bangers. At least it was during the height of the war. Recently the Military has taken a more nit picky approach and has been trying to purge the shitheads, but they are still there.
Navy you are joining the Filipino mafia.
Air-Force you are either guarding nothing all day or doing something neat. Army is just, Army.

who /chair force/ here

How's chairforce reserve?

I got denied commission in Army because of a heart murmur, but I was told I can get waivers. Havn't worked on it at all, but I've recently considered trying to go into Medical school and the idea of service paying me through is enticing again.
Buddy wants me to go Marine reserve, Navy wanted me to go pilot program. Fuck that shit. 10 years on a damn carrier.

Start a running program and stick to it. Do pushups. Your RDC's will ensure you can pass a PRT before you leave, but if you don't want to get stuck in Great Mistakes then get good beforehand.
Boot camp isn't hard, just a lot of waiting around and following instructions.
I've never heard good things about IS, but I've always heard good things about the CTX rates. "Good" being relative.

I'm not american, I work as a military meterologist. Not sure how you do it over there

ahhh, which nation?

Op here, i'll try doing 1.5 every other day. I'm currently doing ab ripper x as well to be ready for anything they throw

Asia

Also what benefits am i looking at after my contract ends? More in it for the experience and guidance in life but money always help

What contract have you signed or are you interested in signing?

Navy doesn't use MOS. We use rates

I know, I'm ex infantry. I couldn't reconcile the morality of killing while ordered so I left

The "warrior spirit" and wanting to kill is the symptom of children LARPing as men. Their society has associated such a lifestyle with manhood, so they fill the gap in their own lives by joining a combat trade.

They miss out on the purpose of fighting and confused the fight with the manhood. A man picks up a weapon when he chooses to and when necessary. A sissy boi takes orders and fights wars in which he has to stake in places where he has no business.

>i heard you guys have some god tier advice when it comes to getting buffed

You've been lied to. Run.

Interested in signing

Sweden

Are you dense? What are you interested in doing in the navy? Have you talked to a recruiter or anyone about anything or did you immediately go to Veeky Forums for advice?

Yeah i'm a bit dense, i still have to go talk to a recruiter. But i wanted some advice from you guys before i head over and talk. I've been thinking about this choice for months now

Just got out of navy boot camp. The or was soft.work up to at least 60 push ups. 70 sit ups.add in some planks. Endurance Is is also important. It will help if you are able to run a mile in a half in at least11 minutes.overall bootcamp is more mental than physical

Push ups pull ups are the only resistance training you should do. In the military the ability to keep going under your own weight is what's key. The lighter, and therefore less in need of fuelling, the better, as long as ur strong enough for regular duty shit which you will be if ur a fit male.

Just go talk to a recruiter. Take the ASVAB and see what you’re qualified to do, which from the looks of it won’t be much. Also, protip, if you’ve ever abused drugs or had an injury that put you in the hospital or left a scar but doesn’t affect you now, don’t tell them. It’s more of a hassle for them to go through paperwork and just makes you look worst. Signed my contract in July

I've been following alot of news about your nation beyond the Veeky Forums memes and it really is a mess over there. How has Sweden not blocked a site like this yet? Even on a board like Veeky Forums you'll have occasional redipills about the situation in Europe. Also neat job you got.

Should mention this is based off information received from an ex military officer, not personal

I recommend you do more research before talking to a recruiter user. Study the shit out of it. Talk to vets and current enlistees. Try to answer as many questions you may have before you go. Also get an ASVAB study book. Better score means more opportunities. Recruiters are dickheads. All of them. Don't believe any of the bullshit about "Some of them really want to help you!" No they don't care. They want you to sign on the dotted line. That's all. They will lie straight to your face and if you don't know what you are getting into you won't catch it.
The only time recruiters will be honest with you is after you catch them in multiple fibs and call them out.
That doesn't mean be afraid to go. You will have to anyways. But be cautious and well informed.

Go contact your recruiter, take the ASVAB, then use your scores to filter through rates you're interested in. Compile a list and use the internet and your recruiter to learn more.
Biggest advice is don't sign anything until you're 100% sure about it. Also don't let them bully you into Nuke unless that's really what you want to do.
Choose your rate, choose your fate.

99 asvab score master race reporting in

Won't pretend everything is fine, but my standard of living is way higher than in most other countries, my pay is good and our food is great.
Sweden doesn't really block sites and our ISPs has healthy competition between each other.
Overall I wouldn't move anywhere else, and I really do believe most of the problems we have right now can be solved.
I'd rather live in Sweden than in america desu, but that's a discussion for /pol/

Understandable. It really is Purrty. I guess my inner /pol/ is coming out. (Purge Malmo)

Did you study? Got a 93 without touching the book and only taking it once, got fucked in the engineering part

>t. recruiter

I'd honestly recommend you just visit Sweden sometime. Even Malmö isn't bad in the centrum, it's mostly some suburbs.
It's easy to get preconcieved notions over the internet. Kind of had a shitty impression of texas before I went there.

As a current Navy Nuke, do not take a nuke contract.

Nah I know a handful of nukes. Some like it some hate it. Seems like all jobs.

Actual navy vet, head over to meg on k and we'll actually give you rate advice.

Not only do I second this, but also after dealing with recruiters myself, I became acutely aware that they are *NOT* dummies. Make no mistake, they are trained to psychoanalyze you and play to your strengths and weaknesses.

In my experience, I was so warned by how they play you, that I walked in not believing anything they said. I noticed within the first couple of visits that they "caught on" to this, and adapted. By the 3rd meeting, the guy was treating me like some sort of insider who was past all the B.S. ... he would sit back and do things like sigh at the way the military operated, or roll his eyes as a required procedure. I fell for it at first... "wow! He totally gets how I know about all the BS that recruiters do... he's practically treating me like a veteran!" That's when I realized that this was just another class the recruiters took... "What To Do When the Recruit is Suspicious of Recruiters" esque.

After taking the ASVAB and scoring well, I accepted a very high paying job with bonuses included. However, the recruiters chastised me soon after, questioning why I didn't speak to them before accepting it. They instantly began planning together to figure out how they could change my position (WITHOUT EVEN ASKING ME if I wanted to change). This was a dead give-away that signaled there was some sort of incentive structure behind other jobs, or some sort of office award for signing a certain type of job.

The whole experience totally ruined the Navy for me - I dropped out, never answered any of their calls, and never looked back.

It's pretty sad. I went through 3 recruiters user. And what you described about their constant bullshit psycho analyzing is 100% true. They are shitty salesmen in the sense that they use every shitty tactic to close a sale. Great salesmen in closing the deal though.
I got into a fight with my Army recruiter. I called him out in the office, loud and in front of other candidates and his superiors. He actually tried to tell me to have respect for him and I told him that I'm not part of the chain of command, I havn't signed shit. We went on for about 5 minutes before I left and he called me back. Fuck that shit. I still want to serve, but I'm thinking reserves at best and now I'm thinking chairforce reserves. (Just want to pay for Masters/medical school at this point)

What's wrong with nuke?

Only faggots join the military in 2017. Have fun killing random people across the world for oil companies. Until there's a war worth fighting, anyone who joins a western military is a traitor to their country.

I went to a military school so the material was pretty much absorbed daily. Of course being a military school, everyone had to take the ASVAB (kind of like how every HS has to take the SATs). As you can probably guess, mostly everyone scored above a 90th percentile and they all went to either Naval Academy or West Point. But in retrospect, the ASVAB is just a test of basic skills, it boggles my mind how some people can get below an 85.

Super demanding, shitty living accommodations, Really gay, really depressing, anxiety ridden, no gainz, no womenz, just dick.
I had a buddy who was nuke sub, He said you wan to kill yourself after 3 months. You just jack off staring at sub hull or sleep on your free time.

Last time I went to MEPS I met a few people who had scored 40’s/50’s. Smart people tend to forget that the 50th percentile are actually fucking dumb

I met a kid who was at MEPS for the 3rd time because he couldn't over 30 on the ASVAB. (He was a melanin boiii)

this mates

B-but that free school money though.

>t. to fat and autistic to serve
Buddy i joined the navy for the specific reasons to travel and pay for college. Guess what, it worked. Dont regret it one bit.

Tell me more about the gay part.

Several friends who were in the Navy and Marine corp said that things just get "gay" on deployment. From gayish frat behavior to full on dick sucking and raw dog anal prolapse.
Thing is though people won't really name names. Just that it happens. Question that boggles my mind and at least one of my friends was "Were they gay before showing up? Or just did really gay shit because"

My roommate at the hotel at MEPS was a potential marine who couldn't get past a 23 on the ASVAB. He was like a living meme

I will add it's not like everyone is having a gay orgie. But the gay frat behavior becomes far more common. The actual gay stuff is still rare, but considering that it's a ship or base with a relative small population to gay behavior, its alot.

Navy is for degenerates

Agreed. However the military is an extremely good way to bootstrap oneself out of poverty. Just don’t believe the serving your country meme and know you’re serving government interests and you’ll be fine.

How common is this?
youtube.com/watch?v=Ad675Ex3cRc

Very. Just imagine a bunch of angry, sexually frustrated dudes sharing tight quarters on a ship for months - with time, haymakers are going to be thrown.

for the swimsuit competition?

>run 3 miles straight
>be able to stand for 1 hour
>be able to do 70 push-ups and sit-ups

That's all.

Altus AFB Oklahoma here
Dirt boyz represent

This is fucking embarrassing.

in navy bootcamp all you do fold your clothes and make your bed over and over again, every day, and you have to walk on eggshells or else petty officer dicksuck will scream in your face about what a fucked up shit sandwich you are. then, at the very end, you get to go play on a giant pretend ship made by (((disney))) all night long while your buddies help you not fall asleep. you should also make sure you can run a mile and a half. fucking run or it's gonna be miserable.

Dont be a corpsman.

youre a woman

The fat kid with the black shirt is OP in 1 year.

ayy lmao

Navy boot camp isn't all that physically exhaustive. The truth is, you'll most likely lose most of your gains, so focus your training on running 1.5 miles at a brisk pace, push-ups, and sit-ups. What's more important that basic is choosing which rate you'll work. What's your ASVAB score? I'll hang around in this thread for a while to answer any questions you may have.

get your prt score way ahead. you won't be sleeping much and will constantly be getting "beat," more formally known as "intensive training" or "i.t." where they make you do various calisthenics for 30 minutes to 3 hours, depending in how fucked up you are, then expect you to still be to standards. I lost about 40 pounds in my 8 weeks there. food is good, but hard to set macros and shit. basically I recommend a 1.5 mile below 11 minutes, being about to do at least 70 push ups and 100 standard sit ups before going, you'll easily gain 2 minutes on the run and have your push ups and ait ups cut by a third, I went barley passing a prt and my first one while there I ran a 16 minute mile and a half. Boot isn't bad though my man, just don't try and make any waves, study your recruit manual hard, and only answer "no petty officer," "yes petty officer" "aye aye petty officer" and if you fuck up don't give excuses just say "I'll fix it petty officer" and they will only fuck with you a little. our whole division got beat almost daily but I got beat solo maybe twice a week, not too bad relatively speaking.

>TL;DR focus everything on improving your PRT scores, worry about body building after boot camp

I pulled a 93, too. The only person I met in the service to score higher was an undes seaman who insisted on 'getting a feel' for the different jobs. The last I heard of him, he was striking for CTN.

the old navy uniforms were GOAT. why did they have to change to those awful digital camo's?

How old are you user? I was 18 y/o, 5'11 and 140lbs when I enlisted in the Muhreens, by the time I got out 4 years later I was measured in at little over 6' (72 inches) and weighed in at 184lbs. I always tell young thin guys to be careful how you bulk because you could still be a /latebloomer/

Will I lose my gains in boot camp?

96 ASVAB AE master race reporting in.
>going nuke
>getting stuck on a sub
>seeing the sun twice a year
lol no thanks

It's not bad, the fattest most out of shape people in my division ended up passing their prts. The navy is worth joining if you want a constant partying life style, as that's all you and your shipmates will do when off work

Different guy but why? I'm curious, because I wanted to be in med support or a corpsman

It's extremely common in the marines. I was stationed on an LHD which basically operated as a taxi service for marines, and there were drunken fights breaking out every time we hit a port. It got to the point where they all were essentially restricted to the ship while the rest of us went out and enjoyed ourselves.

That was my father's uniform during the 80's. Shit looked awesome

Yeah. Actual physical training is pretty rare, and it's almost entirely body weight exercises. Prepare yourself for the fact that you'll essentially quit lifting for a few months.

If you're looking to do six years, I recommend going for CTN. You get a mess of education and certifications through the school and have next to no chance of being stationed on a ship. I worked pretty closely with the guys as an IT in seventh fleet, and they were telling me how only a handful of CTNs ever see ship life.

Corpsmen have one of the worst advancement rates of any rate in the navy, and you also run the risk of becoming an FMF Corpsman.

Already got my rate. Besides, my criminal record prevents me from any sort of intelligence work. And also besides, who joins the Navy so they can sit around base on desk jobs? I want to go sailing.
>shipping to RTC tomorrow

didn't know bubbles was a navy vet. now they've switched from.blueberries to kiwis.

FMF is the shit man. I went blue side corpsman with aviation, had it's perks but I always regretted not going green side.

Advancement is terrible though. I would say most rates advancements are about 40-50% for E4, 20-30% for E5, and 5-15% for E6.
Corpsman is like 10% for E4, 5% for E5, and 2% for E6
>MFW Put on HM2 in less than 4 years, always scored in >95 percentile and had EP evals

Damn man. Thanks for the heads up bud. I was considering joining something along in the medical field.

Best of luck to you, man. Don't let yourself get too invested in the division as a whole, and avoid any and all possible recruit positions except RPOC, Starboard Watch, or laundry officer. They all suck, but they're nearly guaranteed to get you advanced placement. Also, break up with your gf [spoiler]if you have one.[/spoiler]

Yeah, it's great if you're interested in the marine culture. There's only one other corpsman who made that work, but she was as motto as they come. The girl was qualified in all three warfare pins the ship offered and worked as WCS. Good on you, man.

The submarine force is voluntary user, you join it by choice