QTDDTOT

Other one is at bump limit.

On my back day, by the time it's time for pullups my back is pretty much exhausted. If I do pullups regularly I can do like 9 or 10 but after rows and db rows i'm lucky if I can do 2. Should I care about this? Tweak up the order or something?

I always do pullups first. It's one of the best exercises for your back. Way better than db rows. Make sure to do weighted once you can do about 15 BW.

so you think it's better that my db/bb rows suffer instead of pull ups? will that be better for my back overall?

Yes, definitely

Is my texas method setup good?

Volume:
5x5 squat 80-90% of 5rm
5x5 press/bench press
5x5 weighted chin ups
4x15 power shrugs/4x8 incline db bp

Recovery:
3x5 bench press/press
2x5 squats
3x10 bw chin ups/3x10 bw dips
3x8 seated db press/3x8 bb curls

Intensity:
5RM squat
5RM press/bench press
5RM deadlift
5RM chin ups
3x5 weighted dips

Which tends to come first (if striving for either) - ottermode, or 1/2/3/4?

sounds good m8 i'll give it a shot thanks

it 100% depends on your starting point

Weak af skinnyfat

If you hit 1/2/3/4 for 5reps each and your bf% is not too high you should look ottermode or even better depending on your height.

ottermode. also keep in mind 1/2/3/4 is just a retarded number that happened to stick on Veeky Forums. there are too many variables to account for.

this was meant for

Do you guys shower at the gym?
Do you wait between the workout and the shower?

I find that I need to fuck around on the phone for like 15 minutes after the workout to cool down, otherwise I'll just start sweating immediately after the shower and reek within minutes again.

What proportion of fat/protein/carbo is good for cutting? Also same question but for bulking?

I workout early at 7 am and I go to work at 10 am. I have to shower before gym. I love going streight to the shower. I do hot shower there and I had quite the same effect like sauna.

80% fat
20% protein
as close to 0% carbs as possible

After some training, my dominant arm is smaller than my non-dominant arm.

Will this even itself out as I increase in strength or should I be target the smaller arm more than the other?

Just of sheer of curiosity why fat has 80%?

Exessive protein gets converted to sugar. You want to use fat as your primiary fuel source. See: ketogenic diet

Will even out

I played my first hockey game last night after a year or so off the ice due to focusing on weight training. I found that my legs got so tired so fucking fast, before I even got winded. I’m squatting 315 and deadlifting 495 but my legs get so tired I can hardly skate.

Will cardio fix this?

Wait so you shower before the workout and then show up to work all sweaty? Gross.

Yes

I meant before work, my bad.

Oh I see. Yeah hitting the shower right after the workout feels nice but like I said, if I do that I need another shower 15 minutes later because I keep sweating.

According to my TDEE, I need to eat like around 2600 calroies to builkd muscle.

I dont eat much in general and I dont think I would be able to do this. Is there a way to make it easier?

Also I'm new to lifting, people say early on, your body would be able to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, how long does this affect lasts before I am losing progress?

i realized hershel walker LIED when he said he never liftes weights,sleeps 4 hours and eats one meal of bread and veggies.
Now I feel retarded cause ive been trying to sleep less and less,and doing 100's of pushups a day instead of doing 100 GOOD diamond pushups and moving on to weight training

What doth life?

If I only knew the things I know now back when I started

what were your mistakes?

fat+sugar is a good way to get kcals.

you need to be pretty fat to cut and gain muscle at the same time. and even then it doesn't work that well.

Are people who do massive amounts of BW/calisthenics(here im a not talking about it per se, but only individiual who do at least 600reps of 3 differents types of bodyweight excercises daily) strong because of it, or Despite it?
Despite means doing comparatively the same high reps with weights.
for example;who will be stronger,the man who does 500 pushups daily or one who does 500 high reps/low weights of overhead press and bench presses?
>Following kali muscle's ,such peoples,approach on high reps
>inmates and gymnasts are calisthenic high reppers
A lot of BB did high reps with weights back in the day.
bonus question:does muscle mass hinder fighting skills or is this a meme?

living

>falling for the strength meme
>doing 531
>cutting instead of recomping
>excessive bulking
>too much variation
>swtiching routines too often
for the details I recommend the golden one and picturefit

I just started working out again after a surgery, I'm planning on buying whey protein ( never bought protein powders before )

Should I buy now or wait a couple of weeks? I've been told that I shouldn't buy protein powers when I've just started working out and that I should wait at least a month, is this true?

Should I just tell my fuckbuddy that I always feel empty afterwards and that this isn't getting me anywhere? Maybe Tinder wasn't such a great idea after all

Well ,realistically you do not want to do insane rep amount in a single session.Bad for joints/ligaments.But in order to grow with body weight I will tell you you must get strong at advanced movements at least and do high reps throughout the week.It does't really answer much about your question.Sorry bout that breh.

dumb question... I want to lose weight...like 200 lbs. Should I get some whey? If so, can you give me a recommendation? I was looking at Myprotein. I'm lactose sensitive so I need an isolate

I see thanks, I read the wiki and I didnt see any lean diet plans, so I'll look into it.

What is protein powder for?

That is complete bullshit
why the fuck should this be true?

what the fuck are you talking about, that's not even remotely true you retard

Ignore the fucking idiot. Ratio is the same as bulking, try to get the same amount of protein in (0.82g/lb). Otherwise as close to 30/35/35 as you can. Carbs aren't the devil, they don't make you fat, low-carb is a meme.

I used to drive a long way to work so I had no choice but to shower at the gym. If you start sweating again, try a colder shower to cool your muscles and veins off.

How often do you lift? You could just not have recovered from lifting. Either that or you may be using stabilizing muscles you haven't touched in a while.

I swear all of you skinny faggots have no idea how to eat.

COUNT THE CALORIES
WEIGH YOUR FOOD
FOCUS ON CALORIE-DENSE THINGS
PREPARE IN-BULK
LEARN TO LOVE OIL AND PEANUT BUTTER
it's really very easy if you actually try it.

I doubt there are many people who are strong who do only bodyweight stuff. Toned, lean? Sure. But I doubt that strength ever carries over to actual weights.

It's not like you're taking steroids, no reason to wait. Whey is just protein. Nothing special about it. Use it if you need some more, leave it if you reached your goal.

If it's just a fuckbuddy you're not supposed to be getting anywhere. You don't have a connection to this person outside of sex.

Protein has absolutely nothing to do with losing weight. Eat less, don't waste money on protein your body won't use.

>golden one
welp thats a big mistake

what happens if I drink my own bodyweight in onions trough every week?

Would that explanation make you feel better if you were on the receiving end?

Maybe try having your friends/family set you up with someone. They know you.

>protein turns into sugar

goodbye Veeky Forums, you are too stupid to hang out with

So it's basically cal in vs cal out but there are a few things that make it waaaaay easier.
>fructose/sucrose/table sugar is bad
Check out Dr. Lustig
>keto diet
>intermittent fasting (my favorite)
>high carb/low fat diet
>eating healthier in general (pic related)
Pic a few, can't really recommend whey. It allows you to skip a meal bc you feel less hungry but it still contains sugar and thus pushes your insulin up. Do some research, good luck and go to /fat/

Maybe you knew all this

Maybe. Extra protein does help curb appetite in some people. Cheaper than eating enough to maintain 200 lbs of fat, probably.

It's okay to do it now if you want. You don't need it, but it's convenient if your diet is pretty low protein.

Thank's guys! I'm going to go with iso100 dymatize, I heard good things about it

be honest fit;if I use ankle weights daily except for sleeping will my joints die or will I grow stronger¿

T bar row, weighted pull-ups, and what else for a thick back?

What's the point on doing a 1 rep max? The gym that i go to is packed on certain hours so I've never bothered asking someone to spot me just to do 1 rep cause it seems like a super beta thing to do but does it actually helps on gains or just some dumb ego shit?

ankle weights are a complete meme. They often do weigh heavy enough to actually build muscle and if they did it'd just exhaust your legs quicker. No point.

simplified question;will high reps low Weigths make me stronk?

why am i getting stretch marks on my pecs near my armpits and what do i do to get them to go away. i'm not even big wtf

No. High reps are great for hypertrophy, but if it weighs basically nothing you're not even tearing the muscle fibers. Best-case scenario is to find your deload number (5RM with 10% less) and do a set of those for as many reps as possible.

Cuz you're growing. Certain skin care products will help that go away.

>I swear all of you skinny faggots have no idea how to eat.
>
>COUNT THE CALORIES
>WEIGH YOUR FOOD
>FOCUS ON CALORIE-DENSE THINGS
>PREPARE IN-BULK
>LEARN TO LOVE OIL AND PEANUT BUTTER
>it's really very easy if you actually try it.

I see what you mean, I just trying to be lean, but maybe I'll eat some leftovers later or something

You can still be lean and bulk. No matter what you do you'll gain fat, even on roids it's impossible to gain 100% muscle without also gaining fat. Just accept it and know you have to cut somewhere down the line. If you're super concerned, leanbulk at like a 250-300 cal surplus for like 0.75 lbs a week.

that seems reasonable, thanks user

Meeting for a second date. Don't know whether to ask her if she wants to meet in my hotel room or somewhere else. Whatado?

>hotel room

>Cuz you're growing. Certain skin care products will help that go away.
any reccomendations? this is fucking with my confidence

Log story, but staying in a hotel room for the night

Ehh, the more I look it up the more it looks like it's kind of just "helps them not stand out". Looks like they are more or less permanent without surgery.

why don't professional bodybuilders/roiders have them? they make way more/faster gains than I did.

Why are so many routines 8, 12 etc weeks long? I don't plan on stopping after a few weeks.

"An excess amount of protein may be turned into sugar to feed systemic infections in the body and lead to autoimmune diseases. Much research is now centered on how diabetes may start in the gut."

Are CT fletchers 800 reps triceps workout a good idea??

I think it depends on a variety of things user.

Define "excess". Because it's not the tiny fucking amount you claim it to be.

Immediately after training I sit in the sauna for 15-20 minutes and then take a cold shower.

that's literally only if you're on a ketogenic diet you fucking idiot. And that's if you're consuming like over 200g.

Christ you are dumb.

Most intermediate/advanced routines are cycling from high volume, to low volume, to deloading over the coarse of several weeks. In general the practice is called periodization.

The reason is that advanced lifters need harder stimuli to induce growth. Eventually, programs like TM stop doing it for you. Your monday-volume-day starts becoming a 3 hour marathon workout. So instead, you start dedicating entire weeks to high volume, then entire weeks to high intensity in order to properly activate your almonds.

Even in the most brutal opposite training scheme like Bulgarian, where every day is intensity day, your strength will come and go in waves, similar to what you would be seeing in a periodized routine anyways.

How do you guys take video of your lifts for form checks?

what amount did i claim it was?
nice moving the goalposts kek

I know my diet is shit here, how would I make it better? The halo top is only for today since I bought it like two weeks ago, it's not a consistent thing. Probably going to have some leftovers to pump up the calories a little bit

Is a keto diet a good thing or is it actually a meme?

How to add volume to this? Back off sets after main lifts or dumbbell variations after the lifts?

i've gone from 227 lbs to 182 as of right now. I've only been going for like half a year or so. If keto is a meme, it's a meme that fucking works for once.

Why protein is so sticky?

>what should my ratios be
DON'T EAT PROTEIN IT TURNS TO SUGAR

ALSO EAT A MEME LOW-CARB DIET FOR NO REASON

>why
HAHA I NEVER SAID WHY JOKES ON YOU

4k rig with hybrid liquid tripod, usually a 2k LED setup and a few gaffers on standby

or just ask someone to record you with your phone.

It must have carbs on it. Carbs are sticky.

see where it says "2x5, 1x5+"? that's retarded. do 3x5 or 4x5 or 5x5 instead. the added complication of amrap just makes it less clear how to progress as a noob.

because the different amino acids allow lots of different levels and kinds of chemical bonding.

Keto works, but only because it's just another flavor of calorie deficit. Some people manage to lose weight faster than others, some don't. I wouldn't depend on some "miracle diet" to do what you know will actually work.

Also know that you gain a bunch of water weight upon exiting keto.

Basically everything you eat is simple-as-it-gets cooking. I'd highly recommend don't eating burgers as they're highly processed and should really only be a "sometimes" food. Additionally, you need to be eating actual meals: Get rid of this two fruits and a half-serving of oatmeal shit. Cook some chicken, make some rice, don't depend on prepackaged food for everything.

I don't see how AMRAP is any more complicated than 4x5.

I bought ON's Gold Standard BCAA at a black friday sale thing, I'm meant to drink it DURING the workout, am i?

I am only familliar with prewo and my normal protein powder

Just have some before and after.

Also, just know most people get enough BCAA's from regular diet, don't feel like you need it.

>Basically everything you eat is simple-as-it-gets cooking. I'd highly recommend don't eating burgers as they're highly processed and should really only be a "sometimes" food. Additionally, you need to be eating actual meals: Get rid of this two fruits and a half-serving of oatmeal shit. Cook some chicken, make some rice, don't depend on prepackaged food for everything.
alright, that makes sense, I'll finish up the hamburger I have to not waste it then move on to the chicken I also bought. I have rice, I'll make that too.

>Get rid of this two fruits and a half-serving of oatmeal shit.
What would you do? I'm trying to eat really lean

alright cool, i'll do that. Not even sure what bcaa is, kinda impulse purchase because of black friday.

Ok. I wouldn’t be doing keto to lose weight. I’m pretty comfortable with it, I’ve just heard how it can make your brain function better and all..

doing Phrak's GSLP, first time I failed a set at 71.25kg, missed my 5th rep my AMRAP bench set. WOuld this suggest that I'm not eating/sleeping enough, or would this be a somewhat natural point to need to deload at?

I weigh 82kg at 5"10, have gained around 6kg in 10 weeks or so at this point.

>I'm trying to eat really lean
I don't think you have any understanding of what "eating lean" is.

What eating lean is NOT:
>Having only non-processed food
>Eating mostly fruit and salad
>only eating fish and other lean meats
>only getting protein from natural sources
>organic bullshit
>juice
>Never eating carbs

What eating lean ACTUALLY IS:
>Eating at a small surplus (200-300 cal over maintenance) while maintaining proper protein intake

What should I be doing to heal shoulder tendonitis?
What exercises can I do for chest and shoulders that won't interfere with recovery?

I didn't notice that much of a difference in anything other than food and my weight. I think the extraneous details like 'it'll make your brain fog go away' and stuff like that is placebo

Anything that "makes your brain function better" is written up based off of a very loosely-related study, usually based off of animal testing. Outside of proper rest and diet there's nothing that will help your brain go "faster".

ah okay, so if someone is not eating lean, they are just eating more calories, I see

That's really good progress m8. Deloading is part of the program, next time just deload 10% and work your way back up.

BCAA's are a blend of essential amino acids that help your muscles recover quickly. They do work, and do fulfill a purpose, but very few people actually need them and you usually can cover your bases just by eating a healthy diet and drinking whey.

can weight training be used as a means of mortification and religious penance if the workouts are tortfully painful enough?
Like doing 5 series of 100 biceps curls and then abs and burpees attack

seriouesly.
I want to be a monk-like personage but still be stronk.

Exactly. Leanbulking is just a slower form of bulking to prevent fat buildup, at the cost of slower muscle development. Just another flavor of bulking.