>major timesink
>stunts social growth and ability

Are you addicted Veeky Forums?

>having normiebook
>browsing Veeky Forums
go back to plebbit

people still use facebook?

>>releases the same chemical as fucking heroin

hurr durr it releases dopamine so it must be bad.

Normiebook is trash but I might just hate this non-argument more.

this applies to all social media really

hi grandpa

This

Kek
I dont even have enough friends to get anything out of facebook

It's the people that like "I fucking love science".

I use it for easy communication with people in my classes but I don't follow anyone or post anything. If you use it like this it's pretty much just an instant messaging service. Besides, people rarely post anything worth looking at.

I do miss the days of AIM and MSN messenger though.

Becase I have a ton of friends who I enjoy staying in contact with + I get weekend jobs as a bartender to go to different places of the country I live in which is really nice.

And I also like to act like a normie by tagging friends ironically in memes.

>>releases the same chemical as fucking heroin
>>should be treated as a legitimate addiction
>>major timesink
>>stunts social growth and ability
So practically the same as Veeky Forums

Fuck off you retard

Shit thread

literally came here to post this. Facebook is now exclusively for people's weird aunts who comment on fucking everything and people who argue with randoms about the news.

discussion is more interesting and entertaining here, and it's more difficult to use as a narcissistic outlet. but yeah, if you wanna be a simpleton about it, they're "practically the same" in those regards.

Honestly, I might be. I spent the last two months postblocked (two separate 30-day blocks, with a 19-hour respite in between), and since getting back I've been waking up to 60+ notifications every morning.

Met a dude in Uni that's 18 and somehow still doesn't have an account. Honestly slightly envious, but I've had my account for 10 years now and have a lot of IRL shit that I use fb to coordinate, so it's no dice on getting rid of it completely.

>Releases the same chemical as fucking heroin

On god I fucking hate this easy fucking cop-out "It releases heroin stuff so it's bad for ya"
Fucking Dopamine isn't bad for ya it's literally just the feel good hormone of your brain. You know what else releases this shit? Lifting, food, sex, drinking when thirsty, showering. In other words a lot of shit.
Facebook isn't a problem in and of itself. Personally I use it for communicating with friends and nothing more. It's when dumbfucks like yourself sit there scrolling all day laughing at "Tag a friend so they drink water" and tag all your "friends" who in spite of everything deep down all hate your guts spend hours upon hours doing shit like that problems occur.
shit thread, can someone Sage this shit?

i pretty much only use facebook for talking to people & school stuff

Deleted facebook once I realized it was a deep state surveillance system.

>Spent years on facebook comparing myself to old classmates.
>They're all living great lives while I'm wasting away
>Start lifting
>Get in shape
>Did proper bulking last winter and cutting this summer, looking good, never good enough, but good nonetheless.
>Upload pics on facebook after 3 years of inactivity.
>No likes, no comments.
>No one uses facebook anymore.
Why do I do this?

Psychological addictions are a thing user.
You're litterally arguing that Gambling addiction doesn't exist because it's not an injectable drug.

>Implying you aren't still on facebook
user, you have a facebook account whether you want one or not.
Even if you've never even heard of facebook and only go on the net to watch funny cat pictures and trade stories about wilderness survival YOU HAVE A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT

The episode of Black Mirror with that thicc redhead made me get rid of mine.
I realized that I was only using it to make people think my life was better than it really is. It's all just masturbation.

Im not. Im saying being addicted to facebook and heroin cant be compared in terms of health effects and how “the same chemical As heroin” doesnt mean “As bad As heroin” even though idiots like op Will tell you otherwise

I don't get why Veeky Forums is so obsessed with such obscure and inane versions of self-improvement (nofap? No facebook?) yet you all still come shitpost on Veeky Forums all day everyday and you refuse to just go outside and talk to women.

You're choosing ridiculous paths that are somewhat easy instead of logical paths that are difficult. It's literally the equivalent of fatties thinking drinking 8 cups of water a day will magically make them lose weight instead of just eating less.

I can't be the only one who sees the irony right?

You can be addicted to any website. /nointernet/ would be a better movement.

Yup

Got rid of social media years ago my dude, had literally no negative impact on my life, just freed up a bunch of time

Reactivated after 20 months of no fb. i forgot i had friends that i could call up and hang out with. Gonna grab some numbers, see if any hoes are dtf and deactivate after a few months. The only thing to gain from fb is the ability to connect with people, even long distance, people have whatsapp. News feed is trash, memes are trash.

I have stopped following most of my contacts (so I don't see their updates unless I enter into their profiles/biographies) so I don't have more annoying mainstream media news getting rubbed all over my face daily. They all are about social justice, some random whore got touched in a public place or raped, politics, dogs, etc. It's fucking pointless and it brainwashes people, promotes racemixing, polygamy, anything feminism-related or any kind of degeneracy, that makes people angry and turns them against each other.
Yeah thank god I got rid of all that and now rarely enter on fb. My last update was one month ago, something potentially misogynistic that I'm sure it made many of my contacts butt blasted.

So you're saying I should sell my $FB stock?

>Using Fakebook
>2017
Nigga I dropped that shit in 2012 after Sandyhook.