Fitness in the Navy

To all navy bros out here, what is your at sea routines.

Currently bulking but I'll be going to sea for a coupla weeks soon and I don't wanna lose my gainz. Problem is we're short on helmsmen and I'm looking at a stupid rotation schedule. On top of that, I'm on a coastal patrol vessel so no gym aboard. I just wanna keep things steady so that I can carry on once we're alongside again.

Usually get my exercise by pounding my bunk mate

swimming

Yeah no. Try swimming in the North Atlantic and see what happens.

If the waves don't do you in, the hypothermia will.

you don't have a gym on the ship?

Any idea what being in the navy as a cook is like? Tips for basic?

I'm still in the process of joining, have my medical / interview tomorrow.

Get a kettlebell

POG

Make sure to do your sphincter stretches.

Need to be in ship shape for that officer cock, sailor !

wait if you dont have a gym on board, what the fuck do you actually do for your entire day? you are working for all of it? do you bring a book or something?

Being a cook in any defense force is THE dullest shit you will ever do.

You based out of Stad? No idea about the ship thing, but asking a couple of the guys you work with that are into that sort of thing could help.

Nah man. Esquimalt. I'm with the hoser flotilla.

Our frigates have gyms but I'm currently tasked to a patrol vessel. It's a tiny ass ship so no gym.

Usually we have daylight working hours on top of your shift which might be during the day or at night=not a lot of sleepy times.

I’ve never understood how anyone could lose gains in two weeks. Like how underdeveloped are you that this would occur? I honestly can’t conceptualise it.

I was in the infantry for seven years fucktard. I just switched over to the navy.

You should have went blue. Then you wouldn't have to worry about this. Plus if you ever decided to get out you could get poached by aerospace companies and be making six figures.

What does go blue mean? Sorry for my newfag

The thing is that not all of my sails will be 1-2 weeks long. Some will be months on end. As a result, I wanna find a program that'll mitigate the loss of gainz given extremely limited access to gym eqpt.

Joining the Airforce (blue) instead of the navy (black). Because of their colour of uniforms.

you guys don't have a gym on the ship? I just load up on food at the galley during breakfast, drink 2 cups of coffee, shit my brains out and in the gyme by 8 am. rinse, repeat. pic related.

Not to be confused with the Army's uniforms (Blue) or the Marine's dress uniform (also blue).

Bro. You need to work on your lats. And your delts...and your pecs.

Nice abs tho.

working on it. since july I bulked from 145 to 160. I've found that counting calories using galley food is bitch and not all food is available throughout the day (cereal, grits, oatmeal, certain fruits). I've resorted to supplementing with snickers bars and peanut butter, and switching up my cardio routine with HIIT. I need cardio daily otherwise i would go insane.

Nice. Yeah, I figured I'm gonna bring some mass gainer with me and just do a shitton of bodyweight exercices.

am i seriously paying you faggots to play xbox? sheeeiiiit
i hope we cut the defense budget in half

I took two weeks off lifting because of illness. I came back and I was so happy I could lift again that I hit a bench PR.

You pay us to do alot of dumb shit lol.
I don't even work most of the time

I work on merchant ships. Most of them have decent gyms, but the first few I was on had at best, a bowflex machine. Absolutely awful.

Did dips on ladderwell handrails. Made homemade olympic rings using line and rubber hose, hung it from grating in a random cable trunk room. They had those dumbbells that you can change the weight on, I'd recommend getting those if they're not already on there. Lots of pushups, hanging leg raises. Just calisthenics in general.

Get the book "Convict Conditioning" or more fun, I found a pretty good channel called "TrainingPal" on youtube. Guy is into bodyweight training and travel which is cool.

Doubt that's true.

POG

Bro you're the guy I met in Dallas. I sucked your dick for that beer remember?

Hey fuck you man. I take immense pride in having been an infantard. Don't take that away from me. I spent too many hours digging shitty slit trenches in rock, doing foot patrols through shitty mosquito infested forests and doing advances to contact through fucking swamps to tolerate being called a POG.