/plg/ - powerlifting general

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/7og5t
startingstrength.com/article/into-the-great-wide-open-the-texas-method-and-5-3-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Im going to be 20lbs short of the total I want
with that mentality for sure you're not gonna get the total you want

Its not that, I've just gotten insanely good at scheduling so know exactly where I'll be. Doesnt mean I wont try to bust it, just not hitting a nice round number to sate my autism this time.

I

1st for if Raffy had a 20"+ vertical he wouldn't have stole pictures of a 6/10 monkey faced girl and pretended to be a trap to molest an underage boy in the guise of being a cutting edge powerlifting researcher and coach.

Im pretty sure my shoulder is going to need surgery. It hurts to bench still after 4-5 months after the initial pain. I gave it a nice long 3 month break and took it lightly when I restarted but it doesnt seem to help.

anyone else tear their ac joint and share their experience and what it took to get it fixed?

Trappy chan needs to stop getting top comments on Northernlion's videos

MISS

>mam has 2 types of cancers
>cars dead
>didn't get the job I was lead to believe I was gonna get all year
>about to get fired from my new job cause car just died and I can't get there
>can't make it to gym cause cars dead
>a bunch of other stupid shit has kept me down this entire year from January through November

I deserve to blog

COCKS

IN

Marcel/Filip/Bryce

sorry about your mom bro, mine got done with chemo last year and they found more cancer like cells 2 months ago. She only has to get surgery this time so maybe she lucked out.

I hope everything works out for you.

/Norse/Avon/2014-5 in general

sorry to hear it lad
hope things turn around soon and you get good news about your mom

>mam
I guess you already developed brain cancer as well.

At what RPE should I be doing McGill's?

>/Norse/Avon/2014-5 in general
+sean

Compliment me please

I miss September 2014. The month I discovered plg.

tl;dr. not your blog. take it to tumblr you obese faggot.

So get a new car dumbass. Maybe then you could drive your mom to the hospital.

damn that is rough. Stay thick, tight and solid!

No. PLG would be far better off without seanposting, and sean knows it.

Send 2k pls

Alright, there's a problem. I want to get into powerlifting, but as it turns out I can't squat for shit with my heels still on the ground. What do?

Trappy is the dog
I'm the baby

Where to?
Why don't you have a credit card?

>raffy is STILL pretending to be livia
absolutely fucking delusional someone needs to expose this faggot

:(

poor lil guy

i know this is the question that probably gets asked the most around here, but can anyone recommend a good intermediate routine to transition from starting strength? i hear lots of people saying texas method is bad

>i hear lots of people saying texas method is bad

gee whiz i wonder why

TM/madcow used to get shilled hard around here

diet wise, do i treat deload days as light days or rest days?

>used to

exactly. now that those retards have fucked off, it doesn't get that anymore.

streamable.com/7og5t

Reminds me of someone here

Please aware me on why Texas Method is bad. I'm looking for a new intermediate routine also.

shit volume, shit progression, shit accessory work

what would you recommend instead? am obviously a noober when it comes to programming

Opinion of a GDE who never left intermediate status.

strong projection from the turdball method shilling dumb ass who gets paid exactly 0 dollars to shill his little garbage "routine" spotted. you're *seething* right now you morbidly obese faggot.

Strong projection from a GDE jumplet.

>WAWTT
>WAWET
>WAWLTT
>WAWFT

Keep on trucking, user, you'll be ok.

>mimics his superior because he can refute nothing

i accept your admission of defeat, little man. it's over. no more replies. no more (you)s. no more new reply alerts from your thread watcher. it's over. you're done. cope.

You're not a good troll it I (a third party) don't find it funny.

Poe's law. I know you're just trolling, but to everyone else you come off as retarded.

>>WAWTT
Bench 10x1 at 295
Slingshot 5x3 at 305
Supinated Barbell Row 5x12
Triceps pushdowns 3 sets 20
Curls 3 sets 14

t. rippletits retard with a shit squat

>Slingshot

TM is good for squats if you're bulking. otherwise its garbage.

HOWEVER, using TM progression as a strength block after (only after) hypertrophy blocks is a good and easy way to make your new mass stronger.

not him but i don;t know what Poe's law is, but i'm sure its some retarded white people buzzword used in internet arguments by GDEs who in this case have no experience of proper powerlifting programming

it's not even a secret that TM is shit anymore. wendler says 5/3/1 is shit, too - at least he's salvaged it in beyond 5/3/1. rippetoe has remained very silent indeed after faggenbaum's article which tore the TM a new arsehole. rippetoe didn't give a shit because he knew it had its day when PL programming was not as well explored. there are better alternatives now and he knows it.

>wear elbow sleeves so tight I need help to get them on and a 2-ply slingshot
>say equipped benching is cheating

redpill me on the function of the lats during rows.

i will not stop harassing everyone (once per thread) until garbagebro or someone similar tells me how to use the old lattos during rows.

They stabilize the bar path

fix your shit form, faggot

I miss trappy-chan lads.

fucking tell me how you abominable twat.

nah but what the fuck, how am i supposed to fix my form if i don't know what the lats even do during rows? vertical pulls are fine for me, wake up next morning and my lats are so sore i can barely bend sideways. no matter how much i try to pull with my elbows, remain rigid as opposed to swinging, bring the bar into my lower abs etc my lats just will not do the work, it's 80% triceps and 20% delts

what did he mean by this?

are you aware that trappy-chan was a brazilian, hairy, DYEL, male loser who used photos of his female ex to LARP as a tranny?

did you know that?

Fuck off Sean

>missing a morbidly obese mongrel from some 3rd world shit hole who was role playing as a sexually confused cross dresser

kill yourself you fucking idiot.

PPPPPPFFFFFFFFTT

oh man, that was a disappointment - no Norman Khan at all, just air!

oh wait...

BRRAAAAPPPPPP *PLPLPLFFLPLPFLFPLF* *PLOP PLOP*

there we go, 2 steamy logs of Norman Khan into the toilet, feeling fiery from last night's burritos

gotta give this one a stink factor of 8.2/10, left a pre emptive wet patch on my underpants to boot

this will be one hell of a wiping job lads.

is that a no?

>WAWTT (or whenever I get to go to a gym again)

DB bench, wide-grip OHP, something for triceps, barbell rows, and BTN pulldowns.

>WAWET

Thanksgiving leftovers, of course.

>WAWLTT

Nothing. Just finished up season one of Stranger Things, which was pretty good.

>WAWFT

Not particularly looking forward to going to Miami for work this week, but I know I should be keeping an open mind about a new place.

>3 sets 14

Any particular reason?

Turn your elbows in like you would in a deadlift.

>rippetoe has remained very silent indeed after faggenbaum's article which tore the TM a new arsehole
What article?

m-me too

nobody knows or cares about whoever the hell norman khan is. fuck off and kill yourself you demented retard.

>3 sets 14
>Any particular reason?
It's more than 3x13 at the same weight.

sup shawn

Could you please name a better intermediate routine that isnt 5/3/1

I miss how she made me happy. Now I'll forever just be sad.

>she
He is a hairy pedophile that smells like a man, even in drag.

Sparrow was a hairy pedophile?

She smells like fish and curry. Probably.

And piss.

the one where he compared TM to 531

startingstrength.com/article/into-the-great-wide-open-the-texas-method-and-5-3-1

>5/3/1

>>mam has 2 types of cancers
you and your dad?

Wow you sound like a fucking loser lmao

Strong projection, sean. Sharp edge.

Fuck off Sean

Nice blog

Why do you keep posting in a place all about powerlifting about this?
Go to the questions thread, make your own thread, just go anywhere but here. You are doing something severely wrong and until you post a video, no one can tell you the exact issue except tell you the correct form and direct you to youtube videos.
It sounds like you're literally throwing the weight down hard but I don't want to get in depth because you won't listen. Just go somewhere else.

what a failure lmao

Those are the only two intermedite routines ever mentioned here. That's why I excluded it, not because I think its any good

if someone goes into depth I will listen, that's exactly why i post here.

as to why i post here - no one on Veeky Forums outside of these threads knows anything. when i post elsewhere i get "pull with the elbows bro ;)"

praying for your bro

God bless

Jim?

>no one on Veeky Forums outside of these threads knows anything
thats not our problem

>Want to gain weight and specifically strength
>Complete novice

I've read Starting Strength, but I've also heard Greyskull LP and 5x5 are better, but I have no real idea which would be better. I also can't find shit on Greyskull LP besides his book and Veeky Forums posts.

get off your horse lad. in every thread we've got an autistic screecher posting about norman khan in his ass, regular posts about how much everyone misses tranny chan, isley's eye posting, and countless other drivel which is not even slightly related to PL, and you choose to pick on the guy who is asking legit questions about an exercise involved in pretty much all PL routines. i fail to see the problem

Pull your shoulders back at the end of the movement

if i could get them all to fuck off i would

its a fucking row, if someone fucks that up they are beyond help

Doesn't matter. Get in the gym, do heavy compounds, have a reasonable plan for progressing your lifts and eat a lot. You don't need to agonize over a beginner program because they all work

noted lads

>its a fucking squat, if someone fucks that up they are beyond help
>its a fucking bench, if someone fucks that up they are beyond help
its a fucking deadlift, if someone fucks that up they are beyond help

>"just lift bro ;)"

>they are beyond help
>"just lift bro ;)"
Is your vertical below 20"?

this

the differences in the results are very small. these are normally products created by businesses (pro coaches etc) and should be treated as such. just like how there are about 5-10 brands of butter on supermarket shelves - they're all butter.

the differences are in the purpose for their creation. an example is bill starr's LP which was created for football players to quickly recover their strength before the new season.

don't know, don't care. are you implying that wanting to optimize my form makes me a GDE or something similarly retarded?

I'm saying that you sound like a gde

>even fucks up his shitty greentexts
lad

i would say a row is a fair bit easier to get than those and ultimatley doesnt even matter but i would still agree,
if you seriously cant do s/b/d sufficiently after a couple months of practice you should pick a different 'hobby'

so yes
just fucking lift

Just measured mine and on my first try got 21 inches. Does that mean I'm borderline GDE?

means you measured wrong, you are clearly a gde