Fitness feels so overwhelming sometimes. I feel like no matter what I do to correct my form it's still wrong...

Fitness feels so overwhelming sometimes. I feel like no matter what I do to correct my form it's still wrong, and trying to balance macros and calories with a budget while also keeping it healthy is so frustrating. It feels like the more I learn the harder it becomes to do it right, and I never know if it's just me being too harsh and critical of myself or if I really am just not good enough to be fit.

I feel the same way. I've been browsing this board since 2012 and haven't made any goddamn progress because I always second guess my form or give up because I think I'm not eating enough or doing something else wrong. I don't know what to do, I'm on my third workout of stronglifts and I feel like I won't even have the form down correctly for another month. I'm training neck and forearms 3 times a week in hopes that I'll see some visible progress there that will encourage me to keep going.

Join the military.

For me it's deadlifts, I can't seem to do anything above 210lbs without my back bending or forgetting to extend my legs correctly.

Why is that?

You don't have to worry about budget and you have other bros who can help you workout and get better. That is if you don't mind the risk of getting physically and mentally broken and being miserable for 4 years.

Yeah deadlifts are my biggest issue besides barbell rows. Although I'm starting from pretty much nothing after letting my gains deteriorate for 3 years so once I can actually lift the empty bar like it's nothing I should get better at keeping proper form.

Honestly, kinda debating that now. I'm 24 though so I'm not sure they would take me.

The truth is that while form is important, the most important thing to gain strength is to try to lift as fucking hard and fast as you can every single god damn rep. Some people cant do that.

Oh shit. Well, don't join the Army or Marines unless you just wanna be "cool". Be smart and join the Air Force or Navy. People may make fun of you for joining the Air Force but you don't get treated like shit. Plus I heard the girls were hotter in the AF.

I can do hard and fast, but I always feel like there's no point in doing something if you don't do it right? I don't know, maybe that's just the Veeky Forums-autism talking.

I will definitely consider it, thank you for the tip.

If you are a novice/intermediate, STOP obsessing about form. If you are not getting injured or developing degenerative tendon/joint/lower back pain, your form is good enough.

Not to sound like a massive faggot, but youre all probaby just not trying hard enough.

>the most important thing to gain strength is to try to lift as fucking hard and fast as you can every single god damn rep
I used to do this and I made no size gains, I can't help sperging out about form because I don't want to compact my spine or cripple myself without even making it first

Joining mil isn't going to solve your problems. Having someone force-feed you discipline doesn't automatically give you a ticket to manhood or gains. Nothing against the military, but stop looking for shortcuts and be whatever the fuck you think it is you can be

To add a little bit to this, the real most important thing is to be fucking consistent. No one gets really fucking strong on accident.
Train as hard as you can, eat as much as you can, and rest as much as you can. There is nothing more to learn, you don't need to be a PhD to be fit. It might take half a year, a year, or maybe a few years - but if you consistently keep pushing yourself then you'll make it.

Finish some sort of college first. Hopefully you won't need to join. Just try to get through what's bothering you now cause the military, while it offers some great things, shouldn't be your to-go to.

Yeah... you aren’t gonna make it

>start lifting
>make great gains for 4 months
>injure back deadlifting
>ask for form check from big guys/trainers at gym, all say I'm good
>doing ss for let's ask rippetoe!
>'if your form is good and your still getting injured you need to eat more'
>eat everything in sight
>keep getting hurt every time deadlift gets over 3.5pl8
>same shit starts happening with squat once I hit 2.5pl8
>eat even more
>get fat as fuck
>'oh well when I cut I will be huge as fuck under this fat'
>500 calorie deficit is taking too long
>fuck it 2500 cal deficit ought to do it
>starve away my gains
a year after I started lifting my weight and bf% are near exactly what they started at and now I have occasional back and knee pain. Never listen to someone's opinion on good form just because they are big.

Trying harder is actually good advice. lmao3pl8 isn’t particularly heavy - your body is just shitting itself in panic because it’s never actually had to do anything that hard before. Unless you’re legit collapsing coming out of the hole you can probably make the rep.

>does everything right
>impatient at the very end
Lad you've only got yourself to blame. 500 deficit is recommended for a reason.

im mad right now because my uni gym is fucking garbage. i was standing by the door waiting for it to open this morning at 6:30am to find a fucking employee already at the squat rack. then a group of 3 people were using it along with the only other barbell so i couldnt squat today and had a shit leg workout

death to all normies

I clearly wasn't doing anything right in the first place if I kept getting injured. But yer I find eating pretty much nothing much easier than eating slightly less. No idea why.

Probably because you have to control yourself from eating more as opposed to just not putting in any effort with not eating. I'm at a 500 deficit right now and I'm just hungry and angry.

The self-doubt happens to everyone.
What you need is some perspective.
When you're constantly surrounded by gym rats, insta douchebags and roid freaks it's easy to start thinking you ain't shit.

Couple of days ago I was in the same funk, then went to a climbing gym on a whim with my buddy and saw that my dyel lmao1/2/3/4 body was actually the biggest and swolest around.

Also never listen to Veeky Forums.

That is pretty damn hilarious tho.

you core sucks dick, get stronger

I suppose the dogmatic cult of brutal efficiency behind SS has been getting to me. I am certainly the fittest of all my friends and family. Food bills still suck though, $300 a month for good food with so-so health quality already, but I suppose it's better than majority population eating pizza and McDonalds every other night.

I've wanted to add weighted crunches or planks to help, but I always get concerned about "fucking with the program".

Joining mil was the best decision ive ever made. Stayed for a couple of years, I had a great time and found my inner masculinity that had been cucked by intimidating family members and world of warcraft

Christ just keep working at it you faggot Rome wasn't built in a day also buy DRY BEANS AND LENTILS AND SHIT

Do them weighted crunches man, add them 3x10 on your deadlift/clean days, assuming you're really on SS.