/FAST/ Fasting General DON'T BE A PUSSY EDITION

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>WHY CICO IS NOT ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0
>HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

HOW TO START SNAKE DIET FATTY
youtube.com/watch?t=12s&v=2vz_U8kxDlg

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/9jxsCb2Q

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2900484/
youtube.com/watch?v=uxM_CLsvieE&feature=youtu.be&t=9286
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why is the 1st day always so hard reeeeee

it does indeed suck

that damn liver glycogen

Morning /fast/

getting into omad today. are vitamins and suplements essential? can i get all i need from my single one plate meal?

Does vaping break fasting or just make me gay?

I am interested in losing about 17 lbs in total, is /fast/ a good and healthy approach? I have more than 3 months to achieve that goal, so I'm not in a rush. Potentially planning on sticking to it long-term as well if I end up having enough discipline and energy to get me through workdays.

You lose muscle mass while fasting. Just do IF during a cut.

I was wondering the same. Some say it raises blood sugars and other studies say it doesn't

How many calories did you eat on your refeed days?

USE

CRONOMETER

Almost calabsed and had sleep paralysis
Fug what am I doing wrong?

>spent 2 years going from 135kg to 107kg with cico/3-6 meals a day
>all i had to do was not eat

hold me /fast/

>17 lbs

Just do OMAD or Alternate day fasting and then shift towards a few days of water fast. You'll lose that in no time.

We're all learning this shit new also. The jews hid fasting from us with memes about it being unhealthy... don't worry user we'll make the jews pay for this.

tfw the reason why fasting isnt mainstream is because jews cant make money out of it

Yeah all that time feeling like dogshit bc of a 500kcal defecit while lifting/cycling every day and not making any gains when i could have just done 48/72 hour fasts and lost the weight so much faster.

Gonna go all the way to 90-ish and then time to fuckn' get huge

Need a campaign for December (and every month in 2018).
>most number of days fasted beginning at the start of the month.
>most weight lost
>lifts beginning vs end of month
>progress pics
>any type of fasting allowed
You win mires

Adf (eating on lifting days)

yes sir, will do. want to lose around 30 lbs (15 kg).
always failed regular diets. i guess OMAD is simpler/harder to mess up.

Graph it bro
>189.4 this morning
>started @ 250

Based Gerolsteiner

Also, on thing I've noticed for me is that weight loss does slow down during extended water fasts as your metabolism starts to trend down... BUT this returns to normal after a refeed.
>10 day rolling average of weight loss per day
>7/26 to 8/15, really "bottoms out" just over 1lb
Pic related, same deal in October.
Will be doing the same extended fast leading up to the holidays.

what are your diets like?

On day 2 of my LATTE FAST

Feeling pretty good and I'm starting to get my boundless energy again, probably dropping back into keto after my carbage-laden thanksgiving

what are you nigs up to

You will need to ask your juice manufacturer about what kind of sweetener they use, cross reference with the artificial sweetener list that was linked in the last thread

Vaping might be a good accelerant for weight loss but we still don't know everything it does; it helped keep me slim but I quit because breathing air is god tier

How will lungs transfer sugar? or is it that it comes into your seliva which you then swallow?
I would say it doesn't, but if you track your weight you can do an experiment

I eat whatever I want as long as its within a short period of time

You're not me

On the longer sustained fast at the beginning that was 14 days, outside of that I've just been doing shorter 3-7 day fasts basically just eating whenever the business occasion calls for it, but my fridge is empty and I don't eat at night.

at what bf% should i no longer do a 7 day fast? but alternate day fasting instead.

My coworker argued today that ketogenic diet makes you loose weight fast, doesn't rebound when you live healthily afterwards and has no negative health effects.

I laughed in his face and called him retarded.
Did I do good Veeky Forums?

Will I get an insulin response from drinking Stevia?

Next time tell him that weight loss with prolonged fasting will reduce your overall ghrelin hormone, thus making over eating and rebounding much less likely. Being a ketofag will not have this effect.

is it normal to gain that much weight after breaking the fast?

I've done 3 extended fasts now (3 days+) and the most I gained back straight away after breaking it was ~2 pounds

I didn't have much potassium, so a lot of it was water weight

Do yourself a favor and avoid everything that is sweet. All food will trigger insulin response, artificial sweeteners will too.

>lowering ghrelin
>increasing insulin sensitivity
>triggering autophagy
>life extending benefits
How will fat fasting / avocado / ketofags ever recover?

I've lost 50 lbs so far. Last 25 lbs from fasting. Went from 20:4 to OMAD and now currently trying ADF for 30 days to see if ADF>OMAD. I've got a few questions below.

Around what weight should I be at 5'10" 12-15% bf? (need a goal weight)

Before I fasted I lost weight with keto. I'm starting to add more carbs in now. Keto or not while fasting? (I'm ADF currently)

what about mandarins?

Just keep going until you see abs.
t. Snake fag advice

Thats not true.

Check the glycemic idex of stevia

Day 1 of 14 lads, snake juice isn't bad at all. The ACV+Lemon Juice combo makes you feel all warm inside.

ADF will be better than OMAD if you don't over eat on your feed days. You should still keep OMAD on your feed days... the fewer insulin spikes the better. Don't focus on a target weight because it's very dependent on your body composition. Go until you can see visible abs

Beat me too it, the excess adipose tissue is what fucks with your ghrelin.

Ok my city doesn't sell potassium alone, believe me I tried.

Found however a 0 calorie version of a gatorade which has sodium and potassium, also other minerals.

Would this help in a fast or will it fuck up the progress?

Not an english speaker please forgive my grammar mistakes

Buy NoSalt off amazon nigger its fucking easy to get.

Fucker I don't live in the USA and shipping it would be like 40 dollars, and they don't even ship it to my country.

This is the only option I have

It will fuck it up, however it's doable if you just drink it once per day. Try to find morton lite salt if you can.

Glycemic index != insulin response

Insulin can rise independent of blood glucose as it does when you ingest artificial sweeteners

Thanks. I had my first feed day yesterday and I felt like I shouldn't have eaten a second meal that day.
At one meal every other day should I be drinking the snakey juice?
And should I take vitamins after I eat my alternate-day meal or take them whenever?

Thanks, guys, will start reading up on it now!

They won't.

are you the guy from chile? also desu potassium is not super important. you could probably get it from cucumber water or the gatorade you mentioned.

snakeman suggests way too much potassium

yeah, i'm that chilean guy

Allright, I'm just afraid since I just have available pink salt. Will then try cucumbers

thanks

Can I start keto with a 24 hour fast or should it be more? I need to lose about 15lbs of disgusting gut fat.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2900484/

good luck :) vengo a santiago en enero, entonces si tu necesitas algunas cosas americanas, puedes decirme :)

Daily reminder Cole is a poor manlet personal trainer (lol), but let's pretend hes making medical breakthroughs

Results talk avocadofag.

24 hours won't get you into ketosis. Maybe If you throw in some glycogen depleting workouts in there.

got rekt by lmfao. avocado faggots have been here for weeks and still haven't lost a pound

>I laughed in his face and called him retarded.

He probably thinks you are retarded now and you are considering you did not even attempt to explain why he might be wrong. Hell, now I think you are retarded

ohshit really? I can show u some places without a problem, but I'm allright don't need much :) hmu and I can help u finding good activities and events when u visit

Well I suppose that I'm stupid because I thought you just had to let your system clear out and then you switch to keto-friendly foods

what is snake water? please educate me.

ayyyy sweet finally a chileno who is friendly to a gringo haha. yeah bro sweet, take my burner email for now and let's stay in contact

[email protected]

this is why you should dismiss anyone who says amino acids don't break your fast. it's just a desperate attempt to find something to monetise fasting

Don't listen to the over complicated shills. Official Veeky Forums snake potions are 1tsp pink salt, 1tsp nosalt, in 1 litre of water. 1:1:1 ratio, simply consume more (2.5l max) if you need it. You will be fine with just the 1 litre per day though.

Nice gonna save the email I have to get a burner too, but will contact u soon. Also chilenos love gringos we are all gringos wannabe so don't be afraid haha

>personal trainer claims to have found the cure for cancer
>HAHA RESULTS YOU GOT REKT

:thinking:

It does.

It just takes 2-3 days for your body to finish using up it's glycogen stores before it switches to ketosis.

Prolonged fasting with snake potions is very good. Sorry you're too much of a bitch to handle salt water.

wooooo hahah don't go to /int/ then, all of the chilenos and argentinos in the hilo latino talk about how they are so hardcore and want to kill blanquitos and amerigoblins lmfao

mucho gusto bro

Your body has glucose reserves in the form of glycogen then it needs to burn through before you get into ketosis.

A fast will get you there quicker than no fast, but 24 hours of fasting alone probably wont get you there.

haha no I don't but remember that Veeky Forums is a niche specially in chile, un gusto and will send u a mail when I can

btw guys, last night I ate 4000 calories of cheesecake, cookies, chips, and a pound of roast beef

literally didn't gain an ounce, despite being visibly bloated as fuck

>Daily reminder Cole is a poor manlet personal trainer (lol), but let's pretend hes making medical breakthroughs

He is going to starve kids now. His last facebook post is fasting children. He will end up in jail

>latte fast
you mean as in drinking coffee with milk in it?

holy shit lmfao at this guy who loses a fuck ton of weight on keto but still has bigger boobs than any of my asian ex girlfriends

also i hope nobody in this thread is buying any "exogenous ketones" or keto food in this thread

it is the biggest scam since protein powder

The avocado aesthetic.

not sure if he was cursed with shitty dark nip genetics from the start, or if being fat caused it, or if he is secretly a soy boy

but either way that poor guy needs nipple reduction surgery asap

Thinking about switching from long term water fast to something like 5 days a week fast + 2 days feeding.
Thoughts? Would it fuck autophagy? Dont want to end up with loose skin

also do you think that there is benefit to hard dry fast compared to soft dry fast or is it just a giant meme?

I believe autophagy kicks in after ~18 hours. Should be fine. If you do end up with loose skin then we already know for a fact - dry fasting will resolve it. Don't know about hard and soft differences, although it most likely does fuck with it since you can absorb magnesium through skin.

..... you and snake diet look like shit compared to him though.

I am not sure if you are crazy,

I ate dinner yesterday at 7PM, no food so far, I'm going for a 5 day fast, I really need to detox my body

I CAN DO THIS

Does pure black coffee really not break the fast?
Isn't it technically food?

There's no insulin response and it increases autophagy. Does not break your fast. The only drawback is it fucks with your gut bacteria.

detox of what?

posts like this are the reason i made a trip code...

what are your current height weight stats and goals? I generally think this is a good idea

for me personally, 195 to 175 was easy as fuck doing both multi day fasts and 23/1 IF

but now in the 160s I am doing 23/1 and cardio and I am just ravenously fucking hungry all of the time, it's a big problem for me and I thankfully am not gaining any weight

people have really outspoken opinions about autophagy here and I have no definite proof from any side yet. if you are doing 5 day fasts though, the protein has to come from somewhere, and you basically can only hope and pray that its coming from skin and not like leg or arm muscle instead.

at the end of the day though loose skin can be dealt with, the main thing is losing the weight sustainably

haha as for hard dry fast, im tempted to say that is a meme. i shower daily while dry fasting and the scale does not show a gain of any weight whatsoever.

I agree with snakeman like 90% of the time, but we don't need to do everything he says precisely, including the nail polish lol. just my opinions :)

good luck

So i was only planning on fasting and doing LISS and HIIT for one day, but the video in thw OP claims HGH levels and ketosis tend to max out after around three days, should I even bother with just the one or go for 3-4?

>Glycemic index != insulin response
>Insulin can rise independent of blood glucose as it does when you ingest artificial sweeteners
What are you talking about? There is no insulin rise when you ingest artificial sweeteners

I saw people doing 18/6 end up with loose skin.
I want to believe in dry fast really.
Also I should probably buy dry brush and brush my skin everyday.

I just want to eat something after 170 hours of fast desu

I personally think dry fasting is a dangerous meme and anyone who does it is risking alot for no knowledgeable gains other than broscience of it being "better".

that dude took a photo to market his bullshit keto foods. he got down to ottermode for a few days, let's see if he maintains

snakeman is a powerlifter and therefore will look like shit by default

and as for me i am just a lazy piece of shit soooo at least i am honest

>posts like this are the reason i made a trip code...
Are you retarded? No one is pretending to be you, faggot.

they technically do break your fast because it has to metabolized by your liver, but it probably doesn't have that big of an effect so people choose to just ignore it and still drink it
youtube.com/watch?v=uxM_CLsvieE&feature=youtu.be&t=9286

for weight loss it probably doesn't matter (I base that on almost nothing). but if you want the full health benefits of fasting no coffee is allowed (based on what that Ph.D in biomedical science said).
she is mainly talking about 8:16 intermittent fasting though. who knows what her stance on full on long waterfasts is

Started at 330 lb (yeah extremely fat fuck) currently at 250 lb. Goal : not being fat. Lost it through water fasting no sight of loose skin so far I think.

>though loose skin can be dealt with
how? except surgery

how long have you been losing so far? did you start with water fasting or just start doing it later on?

I'm in a similar boat to you, started at 310 at 255 now been water fasting for a few weeks intermittently

No, you're eating 100% of your calories every other day and getting salts that way... but when you're eating salt your food.